St Mirren v Hamilton, 24th Oct 2020

faraway saint

12 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

If Hertz are top of the championship then they will want back up , they couldn’t get fecked again , could they?πŸ€”

That's why I think there will be league reconstruction to three leagues of 14 with no relegation this season. Loan Rules will also be changed to enable teams to fulfill fixtures.Β 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Given that players seem incapable of getting through 2 minutes of football without gobbing or blowing their noses onto the pitch, it really shouldn't come as a surprise that this sort of thing happens.

The really stupid thing is allowing Premiership teams to play lower league teams who are not testing in the same way as we are. I actually didn't realise that was the case.

I fullyΒ agree with your second sentence.

11 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I don’t know the answer to this but would be interested if anyone did. What happens when it’s betfred , LC, Scot cup matches against lower league teams ?Β 
is testing put in place for these part time players or do teams rely on players fessing up if they have a cough and can’t smell farts in the dressing room Β ?Β 
Β 

eta, sorry if this has been asked and answered previouslyΒ 

Lower league teams need to be tested prior to any match against a top flight side, but there's no testing in the league for them.

This is the ludicrous part of this, there is now a two tier system (and we know how much the government like their tiers) with expectations on top flight clubs much greater than the rest. I can understand that testing costs are prohibitive for lower league teams, but they are for most SPL teams too.

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Lower league teams need to be tested prior to any match against a top flight side, but there's no testing in the league for them.

This is the ludicrous part of this, there is now a two tier system (and we know how much the government like their tiers) with expectations on top flight clubs much greater than the rest. I can understand that testing costs are prohibitive for lower league teams, but they are for most SPL teams too.

The gestation time for the effects of disease is also probably longer than the elapsed time between test and match, also.
Β 

This is, of course, total unfounded assumption and guesswork.

Thats actually a fair point seeing as we have played two lower league teams in the past fortnight and the incubation period has been recorded as being up to 11/12 days.
I think lower league players out of a regular testing regime need to be tested before playing a top division team in a testing regime.

2 hours ago, guinness said:

afraid I have become totally fed up Β with the whole thing. I am writing off this whole season. Will show interest again,maybe, next season if we are allowed back to games. Until then I do not care anymore.

You care enough to come on to a St. Mirren forum to tell everyone how much you don’t careΒ πŸ˜‰

Presumably you won’t be posting on here again then. Maybe see you next season. Enjoy your break.Β 

I wonder what throwing the book looks like.... is it playing a player who should be self isolating but lied and put 22 players at risk or players going to a pub... Tic and Dons got a fine... so as it St Mirren we will no doubt get a 12 point penalty and a bigger fine.... however if we have broken rules then some people at the club can get their jotters

17 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Much as I'd rather be able to go to the match with the ability to watch ppv I'm able to see Saints more often than I usually would so for me it has been a bit of an unexpected benefit, but I really would love to be back in the ground.

I wouldn't, its shite

14 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Just watched Sportscene - Scottish football is shite.

I vowed this year that I would watch Scottish games on TV rather than EPL and EFL. I've stuck with that and am fed up. Standard of entertainment is poor. Back to watching south of the border stuff for me . I will continue to follow st. Mirren everywhere when allowed but will be not be watching any more Scottish games as a neutral .

• 1 month later...