Spat with Motherwell

HSS

7 hours ago, Yflab said:

Seriously do we honestly think that Tony wrote that all by himself? 

That Motherwell team of 1977 broke my heart. 

I still wake my wife on occasions at night with screams of “f**k you Pettigrew, Wark, and Gregor f**kin Stevens!”

Only a psychopath would be named f**kin Gregor at birth. Cnut.

You really need to get out more, Yflab!

9 hours ago, Yflab said:

I still wake my wife on occasions at night with screams of “f**k you Pettigrew, Wark, and Gregor f**kin Stevens!”

Of course Tony didn't write this himself which leads me to question why we employ a Chief Executive who isn't capable of writing a reasonable letter. Seems to me we pay him as a figurehead but he even screws that up by making silly comments to the press and embarrassing the club. I know he bleeds  St.mirren but that doesn't make him a good CEO just like it wouldn't make a person a good manager. It seems everyone loves Tony but I wonder how much he brings to the club. Anyhow do we not have someone from Kibble doing the actual work now?

Of course Tony didn't write this himself which leads me to question why we employ a Chief Executive who isn't capable of writing a reasonable letter. Seems to me we pay him as a figurehead but he even screws that up by making silly comments to the press and embarrassing the club. I know he bleeds  St.mirren but that doesn't make him a good CEO just like it wouldn't make a person a good manager. It seems everyone loves Tony but I wonder how much he brings to the club. Anyhow do we not have someone from Kibble doing the actual work now?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thank you, needed a good laugh. [emoji16]

10 hours ago, Yflab said:

Don’t forget that Cnut Peter Martin!!

I really don't see the issue with Tony releasing the statement. 

If people want to use a platform and their profile to spout nonsense about other clubs, then expect said clubs to stick up for themselves. 

Will be interesting to see MR's views when the shoes on the other foot and Motherwell have positive cases within their squad.

To honestly think the club would go out their way to make stuff up to cancel a game, when there are consequences involved including the team being weakened for this weekends game against a club closer to us in the table.

Reading on Twitter, its very possible that players picked up the virus whilst playing against Killie earlier in the month, then again it could have been from a household member.

3 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

I really don't see the issue with Tony releasing the statement. 

If people want to use a platform and their profile to spout nonsense about other clubs, then expect said clubs to stick up for themselves. 

Will be interesting to see MR's views when the shoes on the other foot and Motherwell have positive cases within their squad.

To honestly think the club would go out their way to make stuff up to cancel a game, when there are consequences involved including the team being weakened for this weekends game against a club closer to us in the table.

Reading on Twitter, its very possible that players picked up the virus whilst playing against Killie earlier in the month, then again it could have been from a household member.

The comments that Maurice Ross made were ridiculous, but I'm not sure it merited such a public response from us.

A quick phone call to Motherwell to make our point would have sufficed IMHO.

Who really cares what Maurice Ross thinks anyway?

The communication coming out from the club recently has been pretty dire.

To be fair - the comments were ludicrous and out of order. 
I echo above - karmas a bitch and should a game be forfeited and points awarded, they may eat their words. 
Silly comments and no wonder they got the clubs back up, they did mine yesterday. 
mad for our own clubs communication - nothing new. Been dire for years @div - just a bit worse, if anything. 

34 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

To be fair - the comments were ludicrous and out of order. 
I echo above - karmas a bitch and should a game be forfeited and points awarded, they may eat their words. 
Silly comments and no wonder they got the clubs back up, they did mine yesterday. 
mad for our own clubs communication - nothing new. Been dire for years @div - just a bit worse, if anything. 

Yeah I get that it's very hard at the moment but it would be nice to have a more positive update from the club - about anything at all!

The Chairman's updates were a welcome addition - but we haven't had one of those since 10th March.

Personally I think if Ross is making those comments on a national forum the club is well within its rights to respond in kind, however, a more positive statement from the club on anything would be most welcome, perhaps they could update us on the initial benefits our new partners have brought to fruition??