Spat with Motherwell

HSS

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m no convinced McVie played on that fateful day did he, but he was undoubtedly a Cnut of the highest order in other games. 

You're right , he didnae play. But as you say he was still a cnut .

I mixed my cnuts up 

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Something related to this announcement on the 8th March? 

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3591-board-members-from-kibble

It concerns me.

I don't know what has changed but something definitely has.

The Magennis announcement(s) were crazy. The first was completely un-necessary, and the second which was just an embarrassment.

Then this, which clearly wasn't written by Tony. With all due respect it's just not his sort of language.

The weekly updates through the first COVID lockdown were pretty good and well written but the stuff of late has been tripe. IMO.

I don't think it's pertinent that Tony wrote or didn't write statements.  Politicians have speech writers and civil servants to articulate policy statements but I very much doubt that Tony has a major input on policy formation.  He is essentially a PR figurehead based upon his historical footballing connection with  the club.

For an employee of another Club to infer on national radio, which was then picked up by the tabloids, that we were cheating requires a public rebuttal. The wording was maybe not how I would have written it however I share the sentiment. I am pleased St Mirren didn't just keep their mouth shut as they often do.

3 reasons I hate Motherwell

1. 77 Cup tie
  2. Voting for league reconstruction that saved them from going p/t in the mid-80s and was the foundation of their 30-odd year run in the top flight altho' maybe I should blame the Saints board of that era.
  3. Their 90s team based around Davies, Lambert & Martin while we mooched around in the old First Division with the likes of Jim Gardner.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

For an employee of another Club to infer on national radio, which was then picked up by the tabloids, that we were cheating requires a public rebuttal. The wording was maybe not how I would have written it however I share the sentiment. I am pleased St Mirren didn't just keep their mouth shut as they often do.

I must confess I haven't actually listened to the podcast, only went by the comments I saw attributed to him in the press.

In those he said the system was open to abuse. He didn't actually say that we had abused it.

He's a fanny, I'm just surprised he managed to rile so many people!

Just now, div said:

I must confess I haven't actually listened to the podcast, only went by the comments I saw attributed to him in the press.

In those he said the system was open to abuse. He didn't actually say that we had abused it.

He's a fanny, I'm just surprised he managed to rile so many people!

I’m glad saints responded and in kind, like you, I am only going by statements I read (not heard).

What I’d really like to hear/read now is more information updates on the club, for them to engage with the fans and be more informative as to how we are getting on.

i hope this improves across the season and moving forth. 

Something just seems amiss at the club just now & im not sure what it is or why. But on to Saturday and what is a huge game for us.... 

anyone know if it’s going ahead? 

Motherwell should have dealt with this immediately and forced Ross to make a public statement retracting his initial comments. I have no idea why a youth coach would feel he could and should make a statement like that on behalf of his club. That is for their manager and board not him.

Our club probably shouldn't have said anything for two reasons:

1) It was a comment from a junior member of Motherwell's coaching staff.

2) There was no direct accusation aimed at St Mirren.

On balance, a phone call to Motherwell would have been the best approach.

Something is definitely not right at our club just now. Someone with the diplomatic skills of a wet sock seems to have got themselves in charge of communications.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 11:02 AM, Sonny said:

I agree wholeheartedly with your post.  What wording would you have used?

Here is what I would have written:

Dear Motherwell,

Please tell that ugly bigot cast off that you have for some reason employed to keep his unqualified and ill informed opinion to his child like self. 

Yours In Sporting Greatness

Tedium of Thomas

PS:  Would you like to purchase any of our academy graduates before Hibs snap them up?  Good prices!

KILMARNOCK FC DISCIPLINARY

THE SPFL HAS TODAY ANNOUNCED THAT DISCIPLINARY PROCEEDINGS HAVE BEEN COMMENCED AGAINST KILMARNOCK FC.

It is alleged that Kilmarnock FC breached the SPFL’s Covid-19 Regulations during the lead-up to their postponed League Match v Motherwell FC on Friday, 2 October.

A hearing will be held before a Sub-Committee of the Board of the SPFL, chaired by an independent legally-qualified chair.

The date of the hearing will be announced in due course.

Interesting to see what happens to Killie if they are found guilty as seems very likely.

Aberdeen and Celtic both got off with fines, however the rules were tightened after those incidents and clubs were well warned.

A forfeit of 3-0 is a possibility, as it will be for us if we are also found to have breached protocols leading to last weeks postponement.

Aberdeen actually won their re-arranged game so it would create a bit of a stink if forfeit is the route they take!

Interesting to see what happens to Killie if they are found guilty as seems very likely.
Aberdeen and Celtic both got off with fines, however the rules were tightened after those incidents and clubs were well warned.
A forfeit of 3-0 is a possibility, as it will be for us if we are also found to have breached protocols leading to last weeks postponement.
Aberdeen actually won their re-arranged game so it would create a bit of a stink if forfeit is the route they take!
Got to be a worry we may have done likewise !