Jump to content

Club covid executives - a statement.


antrin
 Share

Recommended Posts


35 minutes ago, munoz said:

With the way things have panned out this season with regards to Covid, the club probably had to do something like this. 

 

9 minutes ago, div said:

Good to see these appointments, however if you put two and two together you could easily assume this is us admitting we've f**ked up somewhere along the way.

I sincerely hope not but that's what it looks like!

 

 

I'm on the munoz side of the debate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Where is Mr Positive? We rely on you to counteract the naysayers! Have you been spending time with Elvis?

Ha! Just pointing out the bleedin' obvious mate!

Given the clubs reaction to some no-mark coach on the radio spouting random shite that wasn't even directly aimed at us last week I'd have expected us to come out all guns blazing about that article that appeared in the Daily Mail this weekend which made some extremely serious allegations of wrong doing at the club.

Instead we get this.

It looks very much to me like we're holding our hands up and trying to mitigate the punishment that is coming our way.

As the old saying goes, shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Good to see these appointments, however if you put two and two together you could easily assume this is us admitting we've f**ked up somewhere along the way.
I sincerely hope not but that's what it looks like!
 


From my own experiences i have never in my working life seen so many Risk Assessments or Safe Systems of Work amendments for even the simplest of operations.

We're all hoping that the procedures were all approved and followed and this is just employing/using folk to enhance the procedures for the protection of all the players/staff.

As I was leaving work this afternoon I noticed that the door plates/handles were getting replaced with antibacterial or such like alternatives.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, div said:

Ha! Just pointing out the bleedin' obvious mate!

Given the clubs reaction to some no-mark coach on the radio spouting random shite that wasn't even directly aimed at us last week I'd have expected us to come out all guns blazing about that article that appeared in the Daily Mail this weekend which made some extremely serious allegations of wrong doing at the club.

Instead we get this.

It looks very much to me like we're holding our hands up and trying to mitigate the punishment that is coming our way.

As the old saying goes, shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

 

To be fair the Mail spouts shite every day that just gets ignored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do you make this assumption Div. It could just be that we are better at carrying out tests than other clubs.We have players travelling from different areas to train every day.They go home they mix with their wives and kids who have been to work and school.Moreover from where or players reside you are talking about different Health Boards viz: Argyll and Clyde Lothian Lanarkshire and Ayrshire and Arran all with varying travel restrictions.Coronavirus doesn’t move it is people who move it this should not be a blame game but a case of all clubs working together.This is a global pandemic I should know I live in Spain where we have just announced another State of Alarm.When I go out I have wear a mask at all times.I was over in Scotland for a month recently and could not leave my son’s house for 14 days.So let us get behind our club stop making unnecessary assumptions an£ applaud them for what they are doing.I watched Hearts game last Friday playing against Arbroath a part time side whose players were no doubt working earlier in the day so they could easily be infecting the opposition as there is no way they could be getting the same tests as the Hearts boys and significantly could not be in a so called “bubble”. COYS..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Why do you make this assumption Div. It could just be that we are better at carrying out tests than other clubs.We have players travelling from different areas to train every day.They go home they mix with their wives and kids who have been to work and school.Moreover from where or players reside you are talking about different Health Boards viz: Argyll and Clyde Lothian Lanarkshire and Ayrshire and Arran all with varying travel restrictions.Coronavirus doesn’t move it is people who move it this should not be a blame game but a case of all clubs working together.This is a global pandemic I should know I live in Spain where we have just announced another State of Alarm.When I go out I have wear a mask at all times.I was over in Scotland for a month recently and could not leave my son’s house for 14 days.So let us get behind our club stop making unnecessary assumptions an£ applaud them for what they are doing.I watched Hearts game last Friday playing against Arbroath a part time side whose players were no doubt working earlier in the day so they could easily be infecting the opposition as there is no way they could be getting the same tests as the Hearts boys and significantly could not be in a so called “bubble”. COYS..

Seriously!!!! Not a SINGLE word in our defence from the club and now this. You can bury your head in the sand if you want but lets be brutally honest. It's not looking good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Why do you make this assumption Div. It could just be that we are better at carrying out tests than other clubs.

If the club has done nothing wrong I'll be delighted.

We will find out soon enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, antrin said:

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3803-chief-executive-statement

Two Buddies/fans in to help...

 

Positive (ahem) news.

I'm been looking for an emoji which depicts someone scratching their head! 

Ach, maybe I'm missing something but given the first line of the club statement which states the motivation of employing ( or pro bono ) these two gentlemen was based upon the challenge of the Coronavirus, I thought, 'Oh, maybe Nicola has been getting it wrong all along.'  So, it's not medical professionals we need in combating the virus at St Mirren Stadium, it's policemen and anti-terrorist lecturers!  Watch out virus you could get arrested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I'm been looking for an emoji which depicts someone scratching their head! 

Ach, maybe I'm missing something but given the first line of the club statement which states the motivation of employing ( or pro bono ) these two gentlemen was based upon the challenge of the Coronavirus, I thought, 'Oh, maybe Nicola has been getting it wrong all along.'  So, it's not medical professionals we need in combating the virus at St Mirren Stadium, it's policemen and anti-terrorist lecturers!  Watch out virus you could get arrested.

I had wondered that too.

I'm in agreement with Div that it doesn't look great. Last season wasn't completed because of covid, we've had 4 outbreaks and a game cancelled against Celtic (through no fault of our own) and when do we appoint experts (with police backgrounds) to make sure standards and best practice are being followed? March, nah. Pre-season - nah. Start of the season? Nah. End of October after a 4th outbreak and two games in a row where we can't field a team and after the SPFL open a 2nd investigation into whether we have broken protocol.

All the club can argue is that there are more positive cases in the central belt than when all football was cancelled because of the dangers and even Nicola Sturgeon accepts you can't prove beyond all reasonable doubt who you've caught covid from or where you caught it.

These quotes were worrying:

"Everyone associated with the club has a paramount duty to do whatever it takes to make sure we absolutely minimise the risk of any infection.

"That's why we have appointed Brian and Kevin, both of whom have close and longstanding links to the club, to help us tackle this continued very real risk to society and our club."

- it suggests that those already at the club were not able to fulfil the paramount duty of minimising the risk of infection and outside help was needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How on earth did the club take on policemen as opposed to a virologist??

Whatever mode of procedures the club adopted to prevent the spread of the virus, I think someone from the medical profession would have been better qualified in highlighting the weaknesses and recommending changes.  Policemen?:blink:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I'm been looking for an emoji which depicts someone scratching their head! 

Ach, maybe I'm missing something but given the first line of the club statement which states the motivation of employing ( or pro bono ) these two gentlemen was based upon the challenge of the Coronavirus, I thought, 'Oh, maybe Nicola has been getting it wrong all along.'  So, it's not medical professionals we need in combating the virus at St Mirren Stadium, it's policemen and anti-terrorist lecturers!  Watch out virus you could get arrested.

the police angle will be more likely around examining the evidence that comes from analysing the routes of transmission and examining broken or inadequate barriers.  I know several senior police officers are experts in the application of a root-cause analysis tool and a coupe are registered trainers and consultants in that field so if you are looking at how the system failed then they could well be exactly the right persons to have on board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, billyg said:

Good to see Brian back at the club , I was talking to him recently , and he's got great memories of playing in big games and wins v the Old Scum , Bolton , Aberdeen etc

Brian was one of the many very good midfielders we had who had the challenge of competing with the likes of Fitzy, Richardson, Stark and Aber for places.  His goals to games ratio was excellent for a midfielder but I guess rehab was nowhere near as good back then as it is now and he must have struggled with some bad ones.  I think he went part-time at Arbroath while doing his police training.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, div said:

Good to see these appointments, however if you put two and two together you could easily assume this is us admitting we've f**ked up somewhere along the way.

I sincerely hope not but that's what it looks like!

 

Pulling in people who are better grounded in both investigation and analysis of information than the SPFL picks are is a smart move.  They will be there to forensically challenge the official investigation findings as much as they are there to find and correct the deficiencies in our own system.

For once, the club gets my approval on this one.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

Pulling in people who are better grounded in both investigation and analysis of information than the SPFL picks are is a smart move.  They will be there to forensically challenge the official investigation findings as much as they are there to find and correct the deficiencies in our own system.

For once, the club gets my approval on this one.  

Yip, a reasonable view.

It would be catastrophic for us if we have to forfeit either of those games, and even a big fine would have far reaching consequences at any time, let along right now.

Hopefully the club can put up a very robust defence if indeed we are cited. Maybe these lads will help us do just that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pod said:

Both ex policemen,  one being a doctor .   Virologist are far and few between.

Yes, he is a doctor but not in medicine.  He has a PhD in Crisis Management and Resilience.  But...given our form right now he may prove to be beneficial.

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Pulling in people who are better grounded in both investigation and analysis of information than the SPFL picks are is a smart move.  They will be there to forensically challenge the official investigation findings as much as they are there to find and correct the deficiencies in our own system.

For once, the club gets my approval on this one.  

Pretty similar to my view on it. It's not up to the club to come up with the policy and procedures - that's already been done by the SFA/SPFL and medical experts. It's up to the club to ensure those polices are followed and enforced. On that front, bringing in a former union guy (regardless of background) is probably a good move as they'll be used to ensuring polices are in place and not being ignored.

Going by the SFA guidance I saw on P&B, we were required to have two people to handle various coronavirus duties at the club and I'd imagine people already employed took those duties on during the summer. I don't get the impression the two folk appointed earlier this week were brought in because no one had taken on these tasks as that would surely have been flagged up before now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...