Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

For reference.....

SPFL statement

Kilmarnock FC and St Mirren FC disciplinary dates announced...

The SPFL has today announced that disciplinary proceedings have been commenced against St Mirren FC.

It is alleged that St Mirren FC breached the SPFL’s Covid-19 Regulations during the lead-up to their postponed League Matches v Motherwell FC on Saturday 17 October and v Hamilton Academical FC on Saturday 24 October.

The St Mirren hearing will be held before a Sub-Committee of the Board of the SPFL, chaired by an independent legally-qualified chair, on Tuesday 10 and/or Wednesday 11 November.

The previously announced disciplinary hearing in relation to Kilmarnock FC will be held on Tuesday 10 November and now may also extend into Wednesday 11 November.

So both us and Killie outside the heedies door on the same day.

"Whit are you here fur?"

Well we are in the middle of a Worldwide Pandemic I live in Spain where the area of Valenciana has just closed its borders.I was over in Scotland in September staying at my son's house I had to isolate for 14days yet a Celtic player goes for the day to Malaga comes back doesn't obey Quarantine and plays as a sub at Killie not a great deal made of it I think Celtic got a fine not sure.A few of the Aberdeen lads go boozing again a fine meanwhile Hamilton and our games are postponed.So exactly what have we done perhaps some of the guys on hear know other than have players tested positive.What the hell are we meant to do play the games and risk infecting others.Clubs have no money coming on through the gates Dundee Utd are asking players to take wage cuts yet the SPL think it is appropriate to charge us and Killie with not following guidelines.What guidelines exacting I am watching Rangers just now I don't see Gerrard wearing a mask.I have to wear a mask in the street and shops at all times.Maybe the SPL can explain in public what exactly players are meant to do in these horrible circumstances.Players are going home mixing with their family.From that viewpoint there is always the risk of infection.I truly hope Saints fight this debacle all the way.I am livid.

So both us and Killie outside the heedies door on the same day.
"Whit are you here fur?"

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

But giving us a 3-0 defeat wouldn't set a precedent as punishment for there being a Covid outbreak, only for there being wrongdoing at the club in question. So for Celtic and Rangers they would just simply conclude that there was no wrongdoing. Easy.

Lets hope for another Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

have a feeling the SPFL are setting themselves up for another shambles

Edited by lenziebud

Going down this path then surely the SPFL need to show both Kilmarnock and Saints caused the players to become infected directly due to failures on the club’s part.

Discounting all other possibilities of infection. Aberdeen then Celtic had players breach government advice/protocols, prompting the virtual yellow card comments from government officials.

Whatever caused ours and Killie to have cases  has not caused the public condemnation from said officials this time, so why not ? Football was on its last chance back then if a repeat happened, seems this is a minor annoyance to the SPFL who are acting the big man and not seeing the big picture ( in a pandemic)

Look forward to seeing the evidence that the clubs were complicit in causing this and not “ in community transmission “ which seems most likely cause, but I will not hold my breath it will be made public.

Burden of proof on SPFL

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

To fight their corner against perceived unfounded allegations.

Yeah I get that.

But my gut feeling is not good re this. This is our 3rd strike remember. As said previously, burden of proof is on the SPFL to demonstrate that SMFC are on the radar again because they have not followed prescribed protocol.  

13 hours ago, Sonny said:

It is alleged that St Mirren FC breached the SPFL’s Covid-19 Regulations during the lead-up to their postponed League Matches v Motherwell FC on Saturday 17 October and v Hamilton Academical FC on Saturday 24 October.

Is that one breached or two.    :unsure:

If 3-0 defeats are imposed then St Mirren should take it to The COA for Sport. Celtic players twice broke protocols with no sanctions. Aberdeen broke protocol with no sanctions. The blue bigots have so far escaped infection, but should that happen at Ibrox, does anyone honestly believe they would be forced to forfeit matches 3-0?

4 hours ago, pod said:

Don't you be standing up in defence of the club. 

I love the club.

In a previous existence, I was a union rep and would sit in on meetings as a support person for members going through a disciplinary process etc etc.  I would be fully aware why they were there and quite often I would advise " You can't defend the indefensible. Sit and take your medicine. " 

I am making the rather wild assumption that the SPFL investigation process and outcome will be fair and transparent. But do fear that the club will be made an example of, IF they have breached covid protocols. 

15 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

The blue bigots have so far escaped infection, but should that happen at Ibrox, does anyone honestly believe they would be forced to forfeit matches 3-0?

They have more than likely the numbers to fill the gap.  Numbers could be our down fall.     

What are the SPFL protocols when it comes to football. Not seen any article refer to them. Also have these alleged protocols been accepted by the parties.

If the protocols are the governments guidance then the fact that players are not hand sanitising at throw ins, not wearing masks and jump on top of each other then for this allegation to be  founded football must have its own rules on Covid.

Sounds like another one of the SPFL kangaroo courts

Footballers in bars in numbers and player flying off to foreign lands broke government guidance.

The other side of the old firm early in the season fielded players despite their Covid test results not being available. This went unpunished 

33 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

What kind of logic is that? So if you are a relatively rich club with a huge playing squad you escape sanctions, but smaller debt free clubs get penalised? Nonsense!

Also numbers mean nothing if a whole squad is told to self isolate, as what happened last Friday.

31 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Don’t have a good feeling about this one. We may have to dig up Joe Beltrami 😬

Me anaw.

The early breaches, by Aberdeen & Celtic, were before, if I recall, the current protocol.

It doesn't seem clear WHAT the current rules/protocol are, I'm sure they will be kicking about somewhere.

We seem to have had quite a few cases over a period of time, maybe just unlucky.

Does anyone really think SPFL will take a chance on winning/stopping 10 in a row being decided on a possible points deduction ???

I don't. As folk have said, burden of proof not on us. The two brought in are well versed in process and rules/regs, and they will be a big help

in defending the Club should we need it 😬  I do think it's sabre rattling to appease quite a few cnuts various parties.

1 minute ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Does anyone really think SPFL will take a chance on winning/stopping 10 in a row being decided on a possible points deduction ???

I don't. As folk have said, burden of proof not on us. The two brought in are well versed in process and rules/regs, and they will be a big help

in defending the Club should we need it 😬  I do think it's sabre rattling to appease quite a few cnuts various parties.

9 in a row was won in rather unusual circumstances so I don't see why not IF either club was in breach of the rules. 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

9 in a row was won in rather unusual circumstances so I don't see why not IF either club was in breach of the rules. 

I get your point but that decision was "agreed" ,I just don't see many agreeing with a decision that might mean being deducted points down the line.

Still think it will/might be a fine...