Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

What kind of logic is that? So if you are a relatively rich club with a huge playing squad you escape sanctions, but smaller debt free clubs get penalised? Nonsense!
He has a point, Rangers will be unlikely to have to postpone a game due to squad size even with an outbreak. Apart from this time our full squad isolating as we have no game this week, the previous postponements were not solely down to C19. It was a combo of C19, injuries and suspensions that resulted in us being unable to field a team and ultimately that's down to our smaller squad. Perhaps there should be a minimum squad size during this pandemic even if that means having to flesh it out with youngsters due to financial constraints. Money disparity will always be an issue if we are in a league with the two cheeks unfortunately.

7 hours ago, cambiebud said:

What kind of logic is that? So if you are a relatively rich club with a huge playing squad you escape sanctions, but smaller debt free clubs get penalised? Nonsense!

That is the hundred dollar question.   If we had enough players to field a team and  having  some players  isolated with covid 19,  would we still be facing a disciplinary enquiry.    (apparently we only had eleven players available) 

Edited by pod

6 hours ago, Yflab said:

If Celtic were only fined by the SPFL for the breach of protocol in allowing Bolingoli to play in a game against Kilmarnock when he should have been quarantining after his trip to Spain then surely if St Mirren have been deemed to have broken protocol they should only be fined, or am I missing something?

Did he not go AFTER the Kille game despite the travel warnings?

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

No.

The Belgian left-back flew to Spain and back without telling Celtic then failed to quarantine himself for 14 days as required, before playing against Kilmarnock five days later. The Scottish champions had their next two games postponed.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/28/celtics-boli-bolingoli-handed-three-game-ban-for-covid-19-breach

Aren't the rules now different? 

Since Aberdeen and Celtic fcuked up the governing body have set out what is expected and if teams are proven to have fcuked up they will be punished?

This hankering after Celtic (and Aberdeen although not as much) isn't, IMO, relevant.

That was then, this is now. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aren't the rules now different? 

Since Aberdeen and Celtic fcuked up the governing body have set out what is expected and if teams are proven to have fcuked up they will be punished?

This hankering after Celtic (and Aberdeen although not as much) isn't, IMO, relevant.

That was then, this is now. 

If the SPFL start imposing a points deduction rule for lack of following the guidelines,  the season definitely wont finish and will turn into a total farce. 

As for us and Killie,  I'll be really interested to see what proof they (SPFL) have in regards to what breaches we have made. 

Seems like its definitely easier for them to pick on the smaller clubs. 

For St Mirren to say they'll refute these claims,  they must feel they don't have a case to answer to.

24 minutes ago, munoz said:

If the SPFL start imposing a points deduction rule for lack of following the guidelines,  the season definitely wont finish and will turn into a total farce. 

As for us and Killie,  I'll be really interested to see what proof they (SPFL) have in regards to what breaches we have made. 

Seems like its definitely easier for them to pick on the smaller clubs. 

For St Mirren to say they'll refute these claims,  they must feel they don't have a case to answer to.

Why? There's a big difference between players catching the virus and blatantly not being sensible. 

I'm sure, if the SPFL take action they, legally, will have enough evidence that breaches were made. 

Smaller clubs, meh.

It'll be interesting if it comes to a legal battle who has enough evidence to win the case.

Best we sit back and see how it transpires. 

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

No.

The Belgian left-back flew to Spain and back without telling Celtic then failed to quarantine himself for 14 days as required, before playing against Kilmarnock five days later. The Scottish champions had their next two games postponed.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/28/celtics-boli-bolingoli-handed-three-game-ban-for-covid-19-breach

Happy to stand corrected Bud.

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why? There's a big difference between players catching the virus and blatantly not being sensible. 

I'm sure, if the SPFL take action they, legally, will have enough evidence that breaches were made. 

Smaller clubs, meh.

It'll be interesting if it comes to a legal battle who has enough evidence to win the case.

Best we sit back and see how it transpires. 

So players not being sensible,  I take it you mean Aberdeen & Celtic players?

Whereas most probably with us, it's by bad luck.

Maybe our 2 latest signings could turn out to be our best the season. 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

So players not being sensible,  I take it you mean Aberdeen & Celtic players?

Whereas most probably with us, it's by bad luck.

Maybe our 2 latest signings could turn out to be our best the season. 

Jeezo, the Aberdeen and Celtic incidents happened BEFORE the new protocol was introduced, I fink.

No point in harping back to that.

Bad luck? Possibly, and let's hope we haven;t had players acting like the general public and flaunting the rules. 

On 10/29/2020 at 8:15 PM, branniganm said:

SMFC know they have f*cked up big time. Why else would they hire a retired senior ex cop ? 

13 hours ago, HSS said:

Fear not,Pollock and Docherty to the rescue.

I hope Saints haven't, eh...made another mistake... should it not be a lawyer rather than policemen they need?? I really don't know their role.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, the Aberdeen and Celtic incidents happened BEFORE the new protocol was introduced, I fink.

No point in harping back to that.

Bad luck? Possibly, and let's hope we haven;t had players acting like the general public and flaunting the rules. 

Before protocol in the same season. 

Let's change the rules/punishment as we move along.  

If we are guilty then we should be punished,  as should every club from now on in- will the SPFL set the president,  I doubt it.

Just now, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Exactly,  its hilarious.  Piss up with the boys, a jollie in Spain for a drug deal/ Shag that's cool. 

Protocol is the humorous,  open to question thing.

Because the Celtic player actions caused the cancellation of our game against them with no points reduction- they then signed 2 or 3 players before we eventually played the rearranged game.  

I will laugh if we are found innocent. 

Just now, munoz said:

Exactly,  its hilarious.  Piss up with the boys, a jollie in Spain for a drug deal/ Shag that's cool. 

Protocol is the humorous,  open to question thing.

Because the Celtic player actions caused the cancellation of our game against them with no points reduction- they then signed 2 or 3 players before we eventually played the rearranged game.  

I will laugh if we are found innocent. 

Night night. :byebye

37 minutes ago, munoz said:

I wonder if the media will be talking about a points deduction in the same way they were about us.

Rangers will argue their procedures were robust enough to discover the breach and they took action immediately to suspend the players and make them self-isolate away from the rest of the squad.

Rangers will argue their procedures were robust enough to discover the breach and they took action immediately to suspend the players and make them self-isolate away from the rest of the squad.
Saints and Killie could say the same thing. The fact they caught all the positive cases before they played a game.

Never mind football C19 protocols, the two idiots were at a house party which is way worse than anything football related yet we hear nothing but praise for Rangers response to it ! No suggestion that any of our players have done anything like that yet both us and Killie are up on a breach of C19 protocols charge. Swift response or not Rangers should be dealt with likewise. The only reason those guys didn't mix with the rest of their squad today was the fact they had a day off. If it hadn't been I'm quite sure they would have trained as normal before this all broke.