Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Never mind football C19 protocols, the two idiots were at a house party which is way worse than anything football related yet we hear nothing but praise for Rangers response to it ! No suggestion that any of our players have done anything like that yet both us and Killie are up on a breach of C19 protocols charge. Swift response or not Rangers should be dealt with likewise. The only reason those guys didn't mix with the rest of their squad today was the fact they had a day off. If it hadn't been I'm quite sure they would have trained as normal before this all broke.

This breached the rules almost identical to the Aberdeen and Celtic ones 

Breaches of National tier restrictions as opposed to SPFL ones as in more serious 

Akin to the Red Card scenario of early season warnings from Government 

but it’s The Rangers 

Edited by alanb

7 hours ago, munoz said:

Obviously the clubs, outwith the OF, realize that any of them could be in the same situation before the current season comes to an end and don't want to set a precedent.

Even the OF - as others have said can you imagine the scenes if 10-in-a-row was decided on a forfeit!? :boxing:death

Edited by Bud the Baker

Let's hope the club have got their case prepared for tomorrow's hearing.

Given Billy Stark got the virus causing a Scotland youth game to be postponed, and Tierney, Armstrong and Christie all had to self isolate as theyd been playing playstation together, I think "glass houses" should be the appropriate defence.

So the bug has landed in Livingston, more evidence that it is very difficult to keep it at bay

Really hope both Killie and us are proved to have done no wrong and victims of circumstances we are all facing.

Significant they chose to announce after tonight’s game ??

Edited by alanb

So the bug has landed in Livingston, more evidence that it is very difficult to keep it at bay
Really hope both Killie and us are proved to have done no wrong and victims of circumstances we are all facing.
Significant they chose to announce after tonight’s game ??
With us playing them in our next league game, hopefully the players recovery ok but are also important players to them and miss the game.

2 hours ago, antrin said:
St Mirren Football Club can confirm that the SPFL’s disciplinary hearing against the club has now concluded. The club has defended its position robustly and will be advised of the outcome which is expected at the end of this month.

Nearly 3 weeks till an outcome is known? Three missed opportunities to play the postponed games? Sounds typical of the SPFL.

• 2 weeks later...

so if the SPFL are true to their word and can concentrate on things they can influence instead of sending preposterous letters to the first minister, we should hear today or Monday on the result of their deliberations

On 11/11/2020 at 5:00 PM, Hendo said:

Nearly 3 weeks till an outcome is known? Three missed opportunities to play the postponed games? Sounds typical of the SPFL.

I think that, since the clubs took away the option to forfeit matches, that they have taken every opportunity to stick it to us by congesting the fixture list and inviting bad feeling from other clubs towards ourselves.

Edited by beyond our ken

so if the SPFL are true to their word and can concentrate on things they can influence instead of sending preposterous letters to the first minister, we should hear today or Monday on the result of their deliberations
I think that, since the clubs took away the option to forfeit matches, that they have taken every opportunity to stick it to us by congesting the fixture list and inviting bad feeling from other clubs towards ourselves.

Given the recent issues with Scotland U21s it will be interesting to see how they deal with us and Killie.

I’m still hopeful that we had not in fact broken any guidelines.

SPFL's self-imposed deadline has passed without any statement from either the club or the league.

I used to think that people describing our game as embarrassing or a laughing stock were overstating things, but no longer.  The SPFL's so-called leaders have painted themselves into a corner here.  I stand by my earlier summary that says they cant act and will therefore wait for as long as they can before sanctioning a re-schedule of the games, probably at a time that represents the greater disadvantage to St Mirren.

the articles of the SPFL probably prevent member clubs from suing the body, otherwise the club would have good grounds for saying that their procrastination has led to difficulties and loss for saints.