Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

SPFL's self-imposed deadline has passed without any statement from either the club or the league.

I used to think that people describing our game as embarrassing or a laughing stock were overstating things, but no longer.  The SPFL's so-called leaders have painted themselves into a corner here.  I stand by my earlier summary that says they cant act and will therefore wait for as long as they can before sanctioning a re-schedule of the games, probably at a time that represents the greater disadvantage to St Mirren.

the articles of the SPFL probably prevent member clubs from suing the body, otherwise the club would have good grounds for saying that their procrastination has led to difficulties and loss for saints.

THAT is exactly the reason.

This is a members club - so the clubs themselves are to blame for the inept management and corrupt practices that pervade Scottish fitba and undue deference to the Two Cheeks.

St Mirren can't complain - St Mirren is complicit.

2 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

What is really crazy is lockdowns, restrictions, masks and vaccines for a virus which is harmless to the vast majority and when the pandemic ended 6 months ago. 

I don't think the pandemic has ended but I do agree that the relevant governments have made a rip roaring, excessive cnut of things.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
9 minutes ago, munoz said:
Fuking shocking. Corrupt bunch of kuntz. 
What about all the other clubs and players that haven't adhered to the rules ? 

We have admitted the breaches, car sharing especially is utterly idiotic.

I dunno about "the car-sharing" but would have thought players would be considered to be in a bubble?

Were they picking up hitch-hikers?

1 minute ago, The Original 59er said:

What a load of sh*t. I've heard it all now.

What happened to Aberdeen and their misdemeanours and would the same have happened to the old firm?........ like hell it would! :thumbsdown:thumbsdown:thumbsdown:thumbsdown:thumbsdown

I totally agree but always be the same although will be interesting to see what happens to Dundee utd if they have to postpone games.

Not one to go crying corruption at the SPFL for this one, I’m afraid. We deserve to be punished. This isn’t something to draw parallels with the Aberdeen/Celtic scenarios, totally different circumstances. This was all on the club’s watch. It is astonishing that the club allowed these things to happen while players are on club duty in the middle of a pandemic. 

Just hope we’ve learned our lesson.

Have I ever mentioned how corrupt and venal the Scottish fitba authorities are - and how it is clubs like St Mirren that keeps those officials in positions of power and allows them to interpret rules as they go along, to support their favourites?

FTOF and the sfa/spfl.

I dunno about "the car-sharing" but would have thought players would be considered to be in a bubble?

Were they picking up hitch-hikers?
A "bubble" at our level is impossible. Players going home to wives, partners and families every night can't possibly form a bubble so car sharing is madness

2 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Not one to go crying corruption at the SPFL for this one, I’m afraid. We deserve to be punished. This isn’t something to draw parallels with the Aberdeen/Celtic scenarios, totally different circumstances. This was all on the club’s watch. It is astonishing that the club allowed these things to happen while players are on club duty in the middle of a pandemic. 

Just hope we’ve learned our lesson.

Agreed. Having read the report, we’ve been wholly negligent on the matter. You can argue about Aberdeen and Celtic, but this has occurred because we’ve failed to manage things correctly in our control. Failure to set things out on coaches, meals, etc is idiotic.

Zero grounds for appeal.