Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

2 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Agree that we probably deserve this as we were caught. However I do not believe for one minute that no other players in Scotland were:are carsharing. Bare in mind the logistics of travelling to training for players who don’t drive, live a great distance from their place of work etc. Are all these other clubs seriously saying that all their players have been taking public transport or taxis? I seriously doubt it. Could be an interesting next few days as I’m sure someone will do a Lee Wallace and turn super grass.

Might be some players needing an alternative method of getting home tonight! :whistle

Anyone who reads the full 15 page decision and doesn't think we deserve what we got has tunnel vision. If that is us 'robustly defending our position' then we are a complete embarrassment. Really got to ask who is in charge these days and where does the buck stop? Whoever it is, their job I would suggest is hanging by a thread. We look, not for the first time, like a bunch of amateurs. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, antrin said:
I dunno about "the car-sharing" but would have thought players would be considered to be in a bubble?

Were they picking up hitch-hikers?

A "bubble" at our level is impossible. Players going home to wives, partners and families every night can't possibly form a bubble so car sharing is madness

They mix closely in training so it's ridiculous to condemn them sitting in a car or eating a meal together. Absolutely ludicrous decision.

35 minutes ago, munoz said:

So a Celtic or Aberdeen player has nothing to do with Celtic FC or Aberdeen FC? 

Crystal clear now, I stand corrected. 

There's a difference between a club setting rules and the player not following them and a club not setting rules at all.

Can you really not understand that?

35 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

"St Mirren and Kilmarnock infringed social distancing rules on buses and at meals, and players from the former also shared cars to and from training."

If we had players car sharing, someone deserves the sack for allowing it! emoji850.png

I wonder if this and the financial irregularities would have happened if Brian Caldwell was still around. I think we all know the answer. That's what we get for employing someone not up to the job who can only act as s figurehead that makes silly statements. Yes we are indeed a bunch of amateurs. Having said that  Celtic would not have received this punishment had they acted similarly

Elected to serve on the 2019/20 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were:

• • Ladbrokes Premiership: Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), 

Are they involved in the disciplinary case. :unsure: 

22 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Anyone who reads the full 15 page decision and doesn't think we deserve what we got has tunnel vision. If that is us 'robustly defending our position' then we are a complete embarrassment. Really got to ask who is in charge these days and where does the buck stop? Whoever it is, their job I would suggest is hanging by a thread. We look, not for the first time, like a bunch of amateurs. 

Absolutely.

Professional football is so lucky to be allowed to operate at any level in a country where many businesses have been forced to shut. To then simply ignore the governments rules which allowed that privilege is utterly negligent and someone's balls should be booted all the way to the dole queue for allowing it.

6 f**king points!!!

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

They mix closely in training so it's ridiculous to condemn them sitting in a car or eating a meal together. Absolutely ludicrous decision.

It's irrelevant whether we think it's ridiculous or not.

What matters is that professional football was granted a special privilege to continue at a time when other businesses are forced to shut and all the club had to do was follow the rules which granted that privilege.

We didn't do that and someone needs the sack for that.

Everything else is total whataboutery.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There's a difference between a club setting rules and the player not following them and a club not setting rules at all.

Can you really not understand that?

But the SPFL CANNOT say the postponment of games was categorically due to infringements of covid rules. the fine could stand as the rules were broken but the losses must be appealed. I believe the SPFL board have overstepped the mark here and the two clubs should get together and fight this ridiculous punishment.

2 minutes ago, pod said:

Elected to serve on the 2019/20 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were:

• • Ladbrokes Premiership: Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), 

It was given to an independent tribunal I believe.

If individual players transgress the rules on the Covid virus they are publicly penalised and rightly so.   Given the time which has elapsed since the SPFL accusation, the club will have undergone an internal investigation to verify who was responsible and will have by this time identified the failure.  The initial defensive club reaction suggests a lack of transparency or admittance that they, the board or an individual, were at fault.  

The rules under which clubs  should adhere to may well be impractical and contradictory but they must be followed.  The board have come under criticism over some issues by some but the seriousness of this must be fully examined and lessons learned.  This failure could threaten Saints survival in the Premier league given the margins of safety of the last few seasons.  The board must stand up and take responsibility.

Just now, stlucifer said:

But the SPFL CANNOT say the postponment of games was categorically due to infringements of covid rules. the fine could stand as the rules were broken but the losses must be appealed. I believe the SPFL board have overstepped the mark here and the two clubs should get together and fight this ridiculous punishment.

The games were cancelled because we had insufficient players due to covid isolating.

When you have anything happen at work, the company needs to prove it was doing everything it was obliged to do (legally or otherwise). We got found out to have made several breaches of perfectly clear rules.

Honestly, I'm not sure why people are struggling to understand this.

Training is totally different. No way they will be as close for as long as they would be sitting at a meal or travelling. Incidentally read the full verdict, we were not following the correct protocols in training situations either.

It was a judge who passed verdict ffs, read the spfl submission.

The hiring of two H&S regulators after sanctions were brought we as clear and admission of guilt as you'd see.

We didn't have a position to defend from after that.

Regardless of people's feelings on severity of punishment, fairness etc., we've wronged and admitted being wrong so unfortunately we need to suck it up and get on with it. There's no point in appealing at this point, there is no way would they hand 3 x 3-0 wins out to clubs and then rescind that.

However, any future breaches need to be seriously looked at and investigated. The argument that a club are responsible for players breaching rules for players carsharing together off their work premises but not responsible for them going out to a pub together after work simply doesn't stack up for me. Either both are chargeable or neither are.

As much as you may think the rules are ridiculous in the context, which they may be, the fact we didn't adhere to them means we deserve all we get. Once the rules are in place you have to follow them... end of really. The fact that we haven't is ridiculous, completely amateurish.

I mean car sharing ffs. It's difficult to imagine that the club management, across the board, weren't aware this was happening. From reading the initial statement the club don't appear to be accepting responsibility for it, which is even more alarming. The statement gives the impression that we were expecting to be let off with it because we've been 'honest'. Very strange thinking.