Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The games were cancelled because we had insufficient players due to covid isolating.

When you have anything happen at work, the company needs to prove it was doing everything it was obliged to do (legally or otherwise). We got found out to have made several breaches of perfectly clear rules.

Honestly, I'm not sure why people are struggling to understand this.

So it was unfortunate that we had to play Hamilton the following week or we would only have lost 3 points.  Good job we didn't have to isolate longer.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's irrelevant whether we think it's ridiculous or not.

What matters is that professional football was granted a special privilege to continue at a time when other businesses are forced to shut and all the club had to do was follow the rules which granted that privilege.

We didn't do that and someone needs the sack for that.

Everything else is total whataboutery.

The fact that you think it’s a “privilege” highlights how brainwashed the general public is.

It highlights yours and everyone else’s  stupidity. 

All lockdown restrictions should be stopped now. They should never have happened in the first place.

Everything else is total whataboutery 

Just now, Sue Denim said:

The fact that you think it’s a “privilege” highlights how brainwashed the general public is.

It highlights yours and everyone else’s  stupidity. 

All lockdown restrictions should be stopped now. They should never have happened in the first place.

Everything else is total whataboutery 

Oh great. The forum's intellectual heavyweight has arrived on the thread. :snore

1 minute ago, Ally said:

As much as you may think the rules are ridiculous in the context, which they may be, the fact we didn't adhere to them means we deserve all we get. Once the rules are in place you have to follow them... end of really. The fact that we haven't is ridiculous, completely amateurish.

I mean car sharing ffs. It's difficult to imagine that the club management, across the board, weren't aware this was happening. From reading the initial statement the club don't appear to be accepting responsibility for it, which is even more alarming. The statement gives the impression that we were expecting to be let off with it because we've been 'honest'. Very strange thinking.

I didn't say the rules were ridiculous. (Though I do actually think this). I said the decision was. I said the severity of the decision was such Because the players work closely together so causing such a detrimental effect because they are close together at other times is well over the top.

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
17 minutes ago, pod said:

Elected to serve on the 2019/20 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were:

• • Ladbrokes Premiership: Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), 

Are they involved in the disciplinary case. :unsure: 

It was a judge who passed verdict ffs, read the spfl submission.

Haven't read any submissions and my remark was a question(thou not a serious one).  No need to get on your high horse.  Ye Ha

Edited by pod

3 minutes ago, Ally said:

As much as you may think the rules are ridiculous in the context, which they may be, the fact we didn't adhere to them means we deserve all we get. Once the rules are in place you have to follow them... end of really. The fact that we haven't is ridiculous, completely amateurish.

I mean car sharing ffs. It's difficult to imagine that the club management, across the board, weren't aware this was happening. From reading the initial statement the club don't appear to be accepting responsibility for it, which is even more alarming. The statement gives the impression that we were expecting to be let off with it because we've been 'honest'. Very strange thinking.

Shutting down society is very strange thinking 

On a deeper level as well, someone or several people at the club need their positions seriously called into question here.

If the club admitted wrongdoing (which they have) then it's either wilful negligence to not only not put correct measures in place but to let players continue to car share and turn a blind eye.

If giving the benefit of the doubt and it's not wilfully been ignored then it's complete incompetence and is every bit as bad.

The buck has to stop somewhere and with someone - who that person or those people are, I've no idea but there needs to be a full enquiry and disciplinary action if need be. The decisions made here have cost the club a fortune, a chance at two matches that we very realistically could have taken something from and could be the difference in what league we end up in next season.

17 minutes ago, pod said:

Elected to serve on the 2019/20 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were:

• • Ladbrokes Premiership: Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), 

Are they involved in the disciplinary case. :unsure: 

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It was given to an independent tribunal I believe.

The independent tribunal did not decide on the punishment. That would be down to the SPFL board.

Shutting down society is very strange thinking 

What you think of the merits of shutting down society is irrelevant. There are rules set out, we didn't follow them, got found out... hence we get punished.

We should be investigating why we didn't follow those rules (as daft as they may seem) and chin those who were responsible for it. Maybe not officially, but forfeiting games has always been on the table as a potential punishment. So the risks of failing to adhere to the rules were known, which makes it even more reckless than we didn't do so.

I think we deserve to be punished but I think the SFA have gone OTT in awarding Hamilton and Motherwell Points. That punishes everyone in the league not just us. Even a points deduction for us would have been fairer, as awarding 3 points to Hamilton and Motherwell could get Livingston or Ross County relegated or get Motherwell into Europe ahead of Hibs.

Authorities playing a strange game

Edited by East Lothian Saint

8 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I think we deserve to be punished but I think the SFA have gone OTT in awarding Hamilton and Motherwell Points. That punishes everyone in the league not just us. Even a points deduction for us would have been fairer, as awarding 3 points to Hamilton and Motherwell could get Livingston or Ross County relegated or get Motherwell into Europe ahead of Hibs.

Authorities playing a strange game

Spot on.

The advice from day one was to avoid public transport & if you had to car share where possible passengers to sit in back with masks on.
The full 15 page deliberation states we had up to 4 people sharing a vehicle. We also claimed to have been unable to social distance in changing rooms and gym facilities due to their "cramped nature" which I assume may refer to facilities at Ralston in respect of the changing rooms rather than the stadium. If you take time to read the full deliberation the failures are quite staggering. There is also mention of a reluctance to embrace "zoom" coaching where clubs were unable to meet the required measures. That's the first I've heard of that one but it reads as if that was the alternative for clubs unable to adhere.

Everyone should read the full verdict and deliberations, eye opening in the extreme.

Oh and as for the club statement that we had defended our position "vigorously" that us debunked within the first couple of paragraphs. We admitted all the charges and offered nothing in mitigation when invited to do so.

Sounds like we knew exactly what we were doing and hoped we wouldn't get caught !

So will Aberdeen and Celtic be reviewed and deducted points??
absolute shambles 
Why ? Neither failed to fulfill a future. Totally different scenario they were ordered not to play by the Scottish Govt, Saints and Killie requested postponements as they were unable to field teams due to their own negligence. Had the SG not intervened the Aberdeen Celtic games would have been able to go ahead as they would have been able to field teams.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The full 15 page deliberation states we had up to 4 people sharing a vehicle. We also claimed to have been unable to social distance in changing rooms and gym facilities due to their "cramped nature" which I assume may refer to facilities at Ralston in respect of the changing rooms rather than the stadium. If you take time to read the full deliberation the failures are quite staggering. There is also mention of a reluctance to embrace "zoom" coaching where clubs were unable to meet the required measures. That's the first I've heard of that one but it reads as if that was the alternative for clubs unable to adhere.

Everyone should read the full verdict and deliberations, eye opening in the extreme.

Oh and as for the club statement that we had defended our position "vigorously" that us debunked within the first couple of paragraphs. We admitted all the charges and offered nothing in mitigation when invited to do so.

Sounds like we knew exactly what we were doing and hoped we wouldn't get caught !

The failures are staggering

The players must have know they were breaking the protocols

The management team must have known we were breaking the protocols

The CEO must have know we were breaking the protocols

Frankly everyone at the club must have know we were breaking the protocols

However harsh the punishment is and whatever we think about other clubs getting away with it there has been a catalogue of failures that we can't defend