Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well whatever we think, the precedent has been set.

Ahead lies farce. 

Hopefully, it does indeed!  And everyBuddie and Killie fans must keep their eyes peeled in order to do a Lee Wallace.! Scottish fitba needs consistency and the same pain spread around all members of the cabal - not just the diddy clubs.  :angry:

And for the posters, below...

The fine is a  suspended one.  Not real money.  Yet.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

But the SPFL CANNOT say the postponment of games was categorically due to infringements of covid rules.is illogicalas the rules were broken but the losses must be appealed. I believe the SPFL board have overstepped the mark here and the two clubs should get together and fight this ridiculous punishment.

58 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Both a fine and losses seem a bit harsh, but we have no one else to blame but ourselves.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The decisions made here have cost the club a fortune,

Edited by antrin

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The punishment is somewhat unfair on the other teams in the league too. It's basically punishing Livvi, RC, DU and St Johnstone as well as Saints and Killie. If I were a fan of those clubs I would be fuming tonight at direct opponents being handed points for nothing.

I agree.

Saints will still climb into the top 6 with this group of players... if they are well-organised (and not suffering from cv19!).

It's these clubs you have to feel sorry for... Livvi, RC, DU and St Johnstone...   :rolleyes:

We are guilty so we need to be punished.

I think the punishment is a warning to all clubs what will happen if games can't be played.

Now somebody at the club with authority, either it is the Chairman, CEO or the Manger must have seen the players breaking the rules and did hee haw about it.

The players should also be asking them themselves, what made them think they could do what they did.

Only bright side is the club will save money by not having to play 2 games behind closed doors in midweek in winter.

I agree.
Saints will still climb into the top 6 with this group of players... if they are well-organised (and not suffering from cv19!).
It's these clubs you have to feel sorry for... Livvi, RC, DU and St Johnstone...   :rolleyes:

If you ask Fitzy will climb into top four at least! [emoji849]

I think the punishment is a warning to all clubs what will happen if games can't be played.
Now somebody at the club with authority, either it is the Chairman, CEO or the Manger must have seen the players breaking the rules and did hee haw about it.
The players should also be asking them themselves, what made them think they could do what they did.
Only bright side is the club will save money by not having to play 2 games behind closed doors in midweek in winter.

And they have thousands of pounds in ST holders money likewise !!!

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And they have thousands of pounds in ST holders money likewise !!!

That doesn't worry me but can understand if it annoy others. 

What action was taken against SEVCO for two of their players being at a house party?
Just curious as I don’t recall any outcome.

I believe the players have been banned for 7 games and fined. Had club been directly responsible then I believe they would have been held to account.. maybe

The Spfl twitter story takes you to their website but no link to read the full 15 page deliberation.

Just the main points.

Edit to add they have now added the link to the full deliberation that they never had 2 hours ago.

The full 15 page deliberation states we had up to 4 people sharing a vehicle. We also claimed to have been unable to social distance in changing rooms and gym facilities due to their "cramped nature" which I assume may refer to facilities at Ralston in respect of the changing rooms rather than the stadium. If you take time to read the full deliberation the failures are quite staggering. There is also mention of a reluctance to embrace "zoom" coaching where clubs were unable to meet the required measures. That's the first I've heard of that one but it reads as if that was the alternative for clubs unable to adhere.

Everyone should read the full verdict and deliberations, eye opening in the extreme.

Oh and as for the club statement that we had defended our position "vigorously" that us debunked within the first couple of paragraphs. We admitted all the charges and offered nothing in mitigation when invited to do so.

Sounds like we knew exactly what we were doing and hoped we wouldn't get caught !

Looking at club website , we have two club doctors and a CEO all of whom should be considering their position in all of this.

Who before the recent appointments oversaw the COVID protocol implementation and any changes since the go ahead was given to restart matches ? 
Killie talking to the lawyers an interesting aside to our statement so far

45 minutes ago, antrin said:

Hopefully, it does indeed!  And everyBuddie and Killie fans must keep their eyes peeled in order to do a Lee Wallace.! Scottish fitba needs consistency and the same pain spread around all members of the cabal - not just the diddy clubs.  :angry:

And for the posters, below...

The fine is a  suspended one.  Not real money.  Yet.

I'm aware of that, however the point stands.

We've already lost PPV money for two matches and now opened ourselves up to the potential for ST holders asking for a partial refund again as unlike last season, missing out on two home games this time around WAS the club's fault. Both of these are now done.

In terms of potential cost, a further breach and £40k fine notwithstanding , there is also the factor of the money loss to the club if we end up relegated by a margin of less than the combined effects of two 3-0 home defeats, one of which came to our closest relegation rivals.

No doubt about it, this is a potentially devastating misjudgement. It most definitely needs investigated.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:
So will Aberdeen and Celtic be reviewed and deducted points??
absolute shambles 

Why ? Neither failed to fulfill a future. Totally different scenario they were ordered not to play by the Scottish Govt, Saints and Killie requested postponements as they were unable to field teams due to their own negligence. Had the SG not intervened the Aberdeen Celtic games would have been able to go ahead as they would have been able to field teams.

Irrespective of the reason or who pulled the plug on the game, those clubs had games postponed one way or another due to breaching Covid rules. Flying to Spain and frequenting bars in Aberdeen. 

Our guys, wrongly btw, car shared with the same lads with whom they’d make physical contact with on the pitch and at training. 

Games missed by 4 clubs breaching covid rules - should result in the same punishment is my own opinion (irrespective of who pulled the plug on the game). 

1 minute ago, Farmer Johnny Rocks said:

That's some precedent they have set.
Rangers and Celtic nip and tuck near the end of the season....an inadvertent breach....BOOM.
All hell will break lose.
Will they award 3-0 defeats against either of those?
We all know the answer to that.

Best to concentrate on ourselves, no point in wasting time on other teams, guessing what might or might not happen.

No one will admit to a Covid outbreak & ask for a match to be postponed now as they know what will happen.

That's some precedent they have set.
Rangers and Celtic nip and tuck near the end of the season....an inadvertent breach....BOOM.
All hell will break lose.
Will they award 3-0 defeats against either of those?
We all know the answer to that.

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I think we deserve to be punished but I think the SFA have gone OTT in awarding Hamilton and Motherwell Points. That punishes everyone in the league not just us. Even a points deduction for us would have been fairer, as awarding 3 points to Hamilton and Motherwell could get Livingston or Ross County relegated or get Motherwell into Europe ahead of Hibs.

Authorities playing a strange game

Would a points deduction for us not also leave the likes of Motherwell worse off in this scenario though?  As they end up with 0 points from the potentially available 6, given their two games were called off. 

Unless there is a points deduction for the 'offending' team and the game still gets played at some point.  Which flies against the SPFL Tribunal's argument that the fixture list is too congested to condone reorganising these games...

There is no neat solution where points being awarded / deducted is concerned.  In the broader circumstances of the season this is not a route the SPFL should have gone down IMO.      

25 minutes ago, FPA said:

Would a points deduction for us not also leave the likes of Motherwell worse off in this scenario though?  As they end up with 0 points from the potentially available 6, given their two games were called off

Unless there is a points deduction for the 'offending' team and the game still gets played at some point.  Which flies against the SPFL Tribunal's argument that the fixture list is too congested to condone reorganising these games...

There is no neat solution where points being awarded / deducted is concerned.  In the broader circumstances of the season this is not a route the SPFL should have gone down IMO.      

No as the games vs Motherwell and Hamilton would still be scheduled to be played in that scenario.

If you deduct points, you don't do so at the expense of less fixtures.

Edited by djchapsticks

Forget the punishment. What we are looking at is total negligence by the club really. Allowing 4 to car share, 2 players from different clubs sharing a flat, I could go on and  on about the shambles that has come to light.

Any other workplace would be slammed from pillar to post.