Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Hopefully, it does indeed!  And everyBuddie and Killie fans must keep their eyes peeled in order to do a Lee Wallace.! Scottish fitba needs consistency and the same pain spread around all members of the cabal - not just the diddy clubs.  :angry:

And for the posters, below...

The fine is a  suspended one.  Not real money.  Yet.

I was intimating that no one could argue about a fine for breaking rules. The deduction of points is on the assumption that covid was spread due to those rule breaches. This cannot be proved as the normal training sessions were as likely to be the cause. What the SPFL decision is doing is making assumptions. It should be the powers that be need to prove conclusively that was the case before such draconian measures were taken. I find it very hard to believe they were able to do this.

1 hour ago, Farmer Johnny Rocks said:

That's some precedent they have set.
Rangers and Celtic nip and tuck near the end of the season....an inadvertent breach....BOOM.
All hell will break lose.
Will they award 3-0 defeats against either of those?
We all know the answer to that.

But it wasn't an inadvertent breach. It was a series of failures by the club to follow simple rules.

I posted a way back in a reply to Schull that there would be an almighty f*ck up somewhere along the road, and all it would take is one club to come to grief and the whole season would be a bu**er's muddle.

It has all come to pass.

Whilst I will accept the reality of the club being negligent, you are not going to tell me that out of all the other clubs in the SPFL they aren't doing the same thing as St Mirren or Kilmarnock, it just so happens they haven't had the covid outbreak hit them (yet)

In an ideal world, you go and tell the powers that be that; "they can go f*ck themselves". I know that sounds like throwing the toys out the pram, but no-one said at the outset that breaking rules would make you lose games 3-0. They make it up as they go along that lot.

Of course the Old Firm won't ever get hit as they have endless numbers of players they can field to make up the necessary numbers. 

I'm totally pi**ed off by this pronouncement to the extent that I'm losing interest in everything that is Scottish Football. :boo::boo:

I would imagine that when we were given the go ahead to start back training that someone would have sat the players down (socially distanced😃) and explained what they can and cannot do. Why then are we as a club in so many breaches of things that are/were off limits, it is staggering to believe that a Professional football club can get so many things wrong. Also what is more worrying that it looks like nobody (covid officer, manager, coaches, doctors, physio, ceo, chairman...delete as appropriate) had the foresight to put a stop to it.

I look forward to top four Tony's comments or even better a statement from the Chairman (do we still have one?)

I would hope that the appointment of the ex police and the safety man, means that the players are now managing that extremely difficult task of socially distancing on the bus and while being fed?

It looks like a fair decision given the circumstances. 

Systemic failures and failures of leadership and management. Looks like an example of having the paperwork and policies but not actually carrying out the actions. 
And in all honesty as wrong as it maybe it's pretty much the approach to health and safety in the workplace in the UK. Very few if us could say hand on heart they hadn't seen it umpteen times in our own work over the years.

I was intimating that no one could argue about a fine for breaking rules. The deduction of points is on the assumption that covid was spread due to those rule breaches. This cannot be proved as the normal training sessions were as likely to be the cause. What the SPFL decision is doing is making assumptions. It should be the powers that be need to prove conclusively that was the case before such draconian measures were taken. I find it very hard to believe they were able to do this.
Only if you deny the charges...we didn't !

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

No one will admit to a Covid outbreak & ask for a match to be postponed now as they know what will happen.

I agree.

In much the same way that a multitude of people have not been 'fessing up to having a wee cough or chestiness nor making themselves available to any 'authority' that might give them a chance to fail a cv test - just in case it means they would have to self-isolate and not get to work and earn money to keep their families surviving.  Why bother?

There is no reward for being honest during this pandemic..

(Even if you're a friend or relative of a Tory MP, then you just keep quiet and enjoy the benefits of being awarded a contract to do/produce something about which you haven't got a f**kin clue.)

3 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

What action was taken against SEVCO for two of their players being at a house party?
Just curious as I don’t recall any outcome.

How can clubs be held responsible for actions of employees while they are not at work ?  The employees did what they did without their clubs knowledge or approval . Once the story came out , the club suspended the pair and informed the authorities. 
Do you , or the club for that matter know what every one of our players & staff gets up to 24/7 ? 
Our issues happened while players were at their work and it would appear their employer  ( Out beloved club) has been negligent in their duty of care to their employees. 

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Only if you deny the charges...we didn't !

We were guilty of the charges. The SPFL should still need to prove this caused the lack of players which, as I have said, is damn near impossible to do. That's why I said the fine would be justified. St. Mirren couldn't admit to it being the cause of the covid infections. The only way that would be possible is for them to have caged the players for the period in question. There is no definitive way of telling whether or not the close quarters at meal times, bus and car journeys caused the infection to spread and the training not to have. No way should Saints or Killie take this stupid decision lying down.

Having just read the report on the SPFL website, we deserved what we got.

I would be amazed if the club tried to appeal it.

The season starts now for us and with the strength of the squad, i am sure the club can stay up with a bit to spare. 

Motherwelll have done well out of this.

Luckily no one has seen this now-deleted tweet from a wee bit earlier.

Andrew Maclean on Twitter: "No surprise Coleraine have now deleted this tweet. Ridiculous picture and post in the current climate. https://t.co/QlvY1AnnQJ" / Twitter

All very friendly and fitba-like cosiness.