Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

48 minutes ago, party politics said:

I would imagine that when we were given the go ahead to start back training that someone would have sat the players down (socially distanced😃) and explained what they can and cannot do. Why then are we as a club in so many breaches of things that are/were off limits, it is staggering to believe that a Professional football club can get so many things wrong. Also what is more worrying that it looks like nobody (covid officer, manager, coaches, doctors, physio, ceo, chairman...delete as appropriate) had the foresight to put a stop to it.

I look forward to top four Tony's comments or even better a statement from the Chairman (do we still have one?)

I would hope that the appointment of the ex police and the safety man, means that the players are now managing that extremely difficult task of socially distancing on the bus and while being fed?

They are probably all too busy planning the christmas party.

3 minutes ago, alanb said:

Killie speak out further 

Caused considerable stress? :lol:

As for this bit, what a lot of shite................."and while we HAVE to accept that risks can be minimised, there are occasions where transmissions will occur without ANYONE being at fault" :lol:

Failing to take any responsibility, that's what it reads like to me. 

5 hours ago, smcc said:

The independent tribunal did not decide on the punishment. That would be down to the SPFL board.

Surely the SPFL wouldnt be stupid enough to have those making the decision reps of clubs who would directly benefit from forfeiting games?

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Caused considerable stress? :lol:

As for this bit, what a lot of shite................."and while we HAVE to accept that risks can be minimised, there are occasions where transmissions will occur without ANYONE being at fault" :lol:

Failing to take any responsibility, that's what it reads like to me. 

Interesting that they suggested an update of the protocol though

A lot more knowledge now available to help, maybe car sharing, for example , back when first issued the protocol was vague and JG should have advised cycle to work like he did 😉

We were guilty of the charges. The SPFL should still need to prove this caused the lack of players which, as I have said, is damn near impossible to do. That's why I said the fine would be justified. St. Mirren couldn't admit to it being the cause of the covid infections. The only way that would be possible is for them to have caged the players for the period in question. There is no definitive way of telling whether or not the close quarters at meal times, bus and car journeys caused the infection to spread and the training not to have. No way should Saints or Killie take this stupid decision lying down.
The NHS IMT report conclusion was that our lack of adherence was likely to have caused the infection to spread. I take it you haven't read the full findings ? If we as a club were not following the rules we signed up to and those breaches were likely to cause spread of Covid in a situation where we encountered a positive case amongst playing staff then it's an open and shut case.

The actual postponements were not one of the charges they were a consequence of our non adherence. It was agreed by all 12 clubs that these measures were designed to prevent spread of infection. Where the infection originated from is totally irrelevant, we by our non adherence gave the infection the chance to spread and as a direct consequence of that we were unable to fulfill our fixtures.

Someone on P&B ( a Motherwell fan surprisingly)made an interesting point - had it been Rangers that that were due to play us and Killie and were handed the 2 victories, and effectively handed them the League title- do you think this would have happened? Me neither, Lawwell and Co wouldn't have allowed it to.

It is obvious that there has been a total lack of leadership of at the business end of the club.  We were given a series of protocols to follow and it would appear that no procedures were implemented to ensure that the playing staff adhered to them.  The leadership must come from the top but sadly we don't have that.  I don't blame Tony - it has to be laid at the door of the people who appointed him.

Over to you Smisa and the Kibble.

I would like to know where the SPFL obtained all the information regarding our alleged mistakes.What right have they in their Report to say we should have had two coaches to Dumfries to avoid social distancing.Who do they expect to cover the cost of that this was a cup tie with no crowd.Usually you would have received half gate receipts after expenses.They introduce all those protocols yet Managers and Coaching Staff hog the touch line with no masks.Moreover it appears ok for players to neglect social distancing when a goal is scored with hugs and cuddling of team mates.No consistency of rules whatsoever.SPFL is not fit for purpose.We have seven days to appeal.Refer this charade to the Law Courts now.Judges will tear all this apart.

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It is, ranging from blatantly treating the possible transmission with no respect to ignoring basic protocols.

And yet there are still countless numbers trying to deflect with what about rangers / septic / dons.  
We f**ked up !! Internal investigation needed to find out why this happened and who is responsible . The culprits need to be identified and disciplined accordingly .

l

We may argue that the punishment is severe however it doesn't look like we have any defence in being found guilty.

As CEO Tony has a bit of explaining to do as he is responsible for day to day management. The buck stops with him. Why were we so inept?

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We may argue that the punishment is severe however it doesn't look like we have any defence in being found guilty.

As CEO Tony has a bit of explaining to do as he is responsible for day to day management. The buck stops with him. Why were we so inept?

Sadly I think you answered your own question 

If a club our size requires CEO then we may need one less emotionally attached 

Make TF club president or something similar 

Edited by alanb

Agree that we probably deserve this as we were caught. However I do not believe for one minute that no other players in Scotland were:are carsharing. Bare in mind the logistics of travelling to training for players who don’t drive, live a great distance from their place of work etc. Are all these other clubs seriously saying that all their players have been taking public transport or taxis? I seriously doubt it. Could be an interesting next few days as I’m sure someone will do a Lee Wallace and turn super grass.
That was where the club had to step in and make arrangements to support their employees, allowing them to attend work safely.

We all knew the rules.

So many people have suffered as a result of them. Why should footballers be exempt?

I get that we have f#cked up and deserve to be punished for that but punishment doesn’t fit the “crime” for me. The coach travelling puzzles me ....... based on the judgement around social distancing then teams should be using 2 / 3 buses for travel to away games.

I’m assuming all other teams in the SPFL have been complying with this directive ?

Ok, I can't be arsed reading a 15 page document just now so the answer to this might be in there somewhere.

From what I can see, from this thread, we have been found guilty of (ok, admitted to) not complying with the "covid rules". The fact that games were postponed is a side issue. Does that mean that if a club breaks the "covid rules" then they will be punished with a 3-0 defeat even if they didn't have to postpone a game? If, for example, sevco win a bigot derby but are later found to have breached the "covid rules" in the days prior to the game, will they be punished with a 3-0 defeat in a game that they won? It's just a hypothetical question.

If the postponements are the relative factor, then a bigger club, with a bigger squad, could theoretically breach the rules more, have more infected players but still be able to field a team and so escape punishment?

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

Ok, I can't be arsed reading a 15 page document just now so the answer to this might be in there somewhere.

From what I can see, from this thread, we have been found guilty of (ok, admitted to) not complying with the "covid rules". The fact that games were postponed is a side issue. Does that mean that if a club breaks the "covid rules" then they will be punished with a 3-0 defeat even if they didn't have to postpone a game? If, for example, sevco win a bigot derby but are later found to have breached the "covid rules" in the days prior to the game, will they be punished with a 3-0 defeat in a game that they won? It's just a hypothetical question.

If the postponements are the relative factor, then a bigger club, with a bigger squad, could theoretically breach the rules more, have more infected players but still be able to field a team and so escape punishment?

Also, if a club breached the rules but didn't have to postpone, what would the punishment be if they lost the game 4-0?  Would it be changed to 3-0 and they actually get a benefit?

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

That was where the club had to step in and make arrangements to support their employees, allowing them to attend work safely.

We all knew the rules.

So many people have suffered as a result of them. Why should footballers be exempt?

Correct but i seriously doubt we were only club guility of the charges against us

Regarding Buses and car sharing

Team meals, christ we had the Scottish National team doing the conga at their hotel

Double standards everywhere you look

I'm still of an opinion that a certain club doesn't even bother with testing

Our national game is corrupt to the core