Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

It has emerged that only four clubs voted in favour of 3-0 losses to clubs who failed to fulfil their fixture due to failure of Covid protocols.Accordingly the league has no mandate to award those points to Motherwell and Hamilton.This decision now has to be reversed.
That vote was for action resulting from a postponement NOT as a consequence of a breach I.e. a club has a postponement due to Covid, that automatically triggers a SPFL enquiry which in turn results in a verdict that the club had followed every measure they signed up to and hence the postponement was not caused by spread via non adherence. I'm not sure what folk don't get here. As for your earlier question about who decides we broke rules, need two buses etc, read the 15 page deliberation before posting nonsense. The outbreak triggered an NHS MIT report. They through questioning club employees established the facts. Same would happen with any outbreak in a workplace. The club has royally screwed up here. We need to accept that. We signed up to follow SPFL protocols not SG protocols. Social Distancing rules were crystal clear for all situations including bus travel. And the club have admitted we broke all these rules yet still some supporters won't accept it. All we can gripe about is the severity of the punishment.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
8 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:
It has emerged that only four clubs voted in favour of 3-0 losses to clubs who failed to fulfil their fixture due to failure of Covid protocols.Accordingly the league has no mandate to award those points to Motherwell and Hamilton.This decision now has to be reversed.

That vote was for action resulting from a postponement NOT as a consequence of a breach I.e. a club has a postponement due to Covid, that automatically triggers a SPFL enquiry which in turn results in a verdict that the club had followed every measure they signed up to and hence the postponement was not caused by spread via non adherence. I'm not sure what folk don't get here. As for your earlier question about who decides we broke rules, need two buses etc, read the 15 page deliberation before posting nonsense. The outbreak triggered an NHS MIT report. They through questioning club employees established the facts. Same would happen with any outbreak in a workplace. The club has royally screwed up here. We need to accept that. We signed up to follow SPFL protocols not SG protocols. Social Distancing rules were crystal clear for all situations including bus travel. And the club have admitted we broke all these rules yet still some supporters won't accept it. All we can gripe about is the severity of the punishment.

The severity of the punishment is my only gripe,  well that and the amateurish way the club has performed throughout this season regarding the Covid rules. 

I don't think for one second the big 2 Glasgow teams would have been handed out the same level of punishment,  and for this reason its fundamentally wrong. 

8 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Are we being punished for breaking Covid protocol or for not having a big enough pool of players available. 

I think again the fact that tens of thousands have died that some on here are missing the point.  Rules were in place we breeched them and players got covid .. i think we are lucky we just lost 6 points... could have been far worse.. a very bad week again highlighting our problems are not just on the pitch...

Are we being punished for breaking Covid protocol or for not having a big enough pool of players available. 
You could have 100 players in your squad but if they are all forced into self isolation or test positive due to negligence likely to lead to a positive case spreading then it would be irrelevant. Your question has merit IF a club is following procedures. If they were then in theory yes a bigger squad might mean you being able to field some sort of team however every major workplace outbreak triggers an NHS investigation whether thats an abattoir or a football club the SPFL enquiry afaik was only triggered by the failure to fulfill the fixtures.

A bigger squad would be an advantage but only where the employer is following the rules. Had we broke Civid protocols but been lucky enough still to be able to field a team the NHS investigation would still have discovered the breaches, their report formed a fair part of the evidence against us. I assume that would have resulted in punishment but obviously forfeiture was not an option in that scenario as the game would have been played. Fine, points deduction who knows as for some strange reason the penalties for non compliance were not included in the procedures.

10 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

And yet there are still countless numbers trying to deflect with what about rangers / septic / dons.  
We f**ked up !! Internal investigation needed to find out why this happened and who is responsible . The culprits need to be identified and disciplined accordingly .

l

Hate this grassing and dicipline people. Mistakes were mate and you learn and move on. People's jobs, livelihoods at stake, ffs wouldnt want u in my corner.

48 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Fine, points deduction who knows as for some strange reason the penalties for non compliance were not included in the procedures.

You missed the goals deduction.  Has Hamilton ever scored 3 goals in a game this season. :rolleyes: 

Only the SPFL could turn a pandemic into a disciplinary issue. They should be assisting clubs during a difficult time, not turning it into a grassing contest with eye watering fines if you get caught. 

That said, the club have been truly truly negligent - they knew the rules, and blatantly ignored them. The full transcript is a difficult read. 

St Mirren FC can’t seriously put out statements saying we’ve done nothing wrong and call for fans to be back in the stadium whilst they know this shite is going on in the background... 

Add that to financial irregularities, the Magennis exit farce and a complete lack of transparency about who is actually running the club. All things considered, I’m pretty pissed off at the way our club is being run at the moment. 

In fairness we are not the only ones not following guide lines there was one club who visited us had the team sitting together at a meal in there hotel and I know of a player from a different club also who blatantly disregards the wearing of face masks in shops. We have been unlucky and players got it which has f**ked us I'm sure there will be more clubs getting caught out before to long

We were punished as we could not fulfil a fixture. It is quite normal in sport to forfeit a match if you don't turn up.

Individual players or clubs breaking Covid rules is another matter. St Mirren admitting to breaches and by making adjustments by bringing in more staff to enforce restrictions with hopefully no repeat of breaking the rules is probably where the £40k suspended fine comes into play.

Really not sure where to start with this terrible situation, so please excuse this rant. It’s not complete, but in no particular order ...

If we broke the guidelines, and seems we admitted this, then we cannot complain about the points deduction and fine.
Sanctions should have been agreed before the season started, but as they weren’t there’s no room for complaint.

Losing 3-0 to Well could easily have happened had the match been played, but not against Accies, certainly not by 3 goals - I think we’d have won or at worst drawn that match, so that hurts.

Hopefully having points awarded to those clubs can be turned into motivation and galvanise the players to get results we need.

The club also loses out on ppv money from these 2 home matches. I’ve no idea what that’s worth and perhaps we were lucky it was those teams, probably not costing us as much than it was some others.

There needs to be an internal inquiry at the club to discover why the guidelines were not being followed. Although given the recent appointments, this may already have been done.
We need to ensure this does not happen again.

I do not like the suggestions on here that Kibble are to blame. They are a thoroughly professional outfit and take their image and charity status extremely seriously.
In fact, I’d like to see them have more involvement and oversight on all matters, including “football”, rather than less.
There’s no doubt in my mind that the financial issues came to light because Kibble were questioning the nature of some transactions.
Their input can only help raise standards at the club on and off the pitch, something we’ll certainly need once fan ownership is confirmed.

To end, we need to take the punishment on the chin, put this sad and damaging episode behind us and get behind the team, starting with the Dons match on Saturday.

COYS !!

14 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

I posted a way back in a reply to Sch*ll that there would be an almighty fuck up somewhere along the road, and all it would take is one club to come to grief and the whole season would be a bugger's muddle.

I agree with the above, but with last season being "called early" and the risk of postponements so great this season it was the onus of individual clubs to avoid a situation they could be held responsible for - seeing the points (sorry!) where we fell short the punishment seems both inevitable & appropriate to me.

PS - Sorry for mangling your post...

Edited by Bud the Baker

We were punished as we could not fulfil a fixture. It is quite normal in sport to forfeit a match if you don't turn up.
Individual players or clubs breaking Covid rules is another matter. St Mirren admitting to breaches and by making adjustments by bringing in more staff to enforce restrictions with hopefully no repeat of breaking the rules is probably where the £40k suspended fine comes into play.

Shame didn’t apply to Scotland

‘One team in Talin’

We kicked off against no opponents so as not to be disciplined

We still had to play the rearranged game.

St Mirren have yet again let the fans down on and off the field

5 hours ago, pod said:

We are being punished for failing to implement and follow SPFL protocols.

A consequence of players testing positive for Covid is that we couldn't fulfill fixtures due to a small playing squad. This lead to the SPFL investigation where we were found to have breached the prescribed protocols in several areas.

You could argue that clubs with large squads will less likely be investigated as they are more capable of fielding a team, if they have Covid positive players.

Having said all that, we have been found to have f*cked up big time.  Take our punishment and move on. 

12 minutes ago, munoz said:

This will be interesting to see the source of the outbreak. 

I demand fines and game forfeits,  it's the only way forward. 

According to BBC, source was medical staff at their St Andrews training base but game still on, so no investigation yet.

However, Clyde Vs Forfar off triggering an investigation as to why Clyde cant field a team. 

Dundee Utd: Nine players isolating and will miss Livingston match - BBC Sport

Clyde 1 Superscoreboard on Twitter: " Clyde v Forfar is off. Tomorrow’s League 1 match at Broadwood has been postponed as Clyde are unable to fulfil the fixture due to players self-isolating. https://t.co/ZjAbp6AOIy" / Twitter

Edited by alanb