Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

1 minute ago, alanb said:

According to BBC, source was medical staff at their St Andrews training base but game still on, so no investigation yet.

However, Clyde Vs Forfar off triggering an investigation as to why Clyde cant field a team. 

No investigation into Utd ? 

1 minute ago, alanb said:

No

game still on at the moment and that seems to be the trigger point for any investigation

So if you have a big enough squad to get by without 9 players and field a team, your team who are missing 9 players and 3 coaching staff due to an outbreak at the club can take to the field and play their match. There will almost certainly have been some breach of protocol but the game gets played, no investigation, no fine, no forfeits. As was said earlier, the big clubs with big squad won't be forfeiting games if they have outbreaks but the wee clubs with smaller squads are more at risk of losing out.

That said, I'm glad if Livi aren't 3 points and 3 goals to the good!

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

So if you have a big enough squad to get by without 9 players and field a team, your team who are missing 9 players and 3 coaching staff due to an outbreak at the club can take to the field and play their match. There will almost certainly have been some breach of protocol but the game gets played, no investigation, no fine, no forfeits. As was said earlier, the big clubs with big squad won't be forfeiting games if they have outbreaks but the wee clubs with smaller squads are more at risk of losing out.

This is exactly why match forfeits are a load of bollocks. 

This season seriously runs the risk of turning into total farce. 

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Yup

The Law's an ass, someone once said

Edited by alanb

How can clubs be held responsible for actions of employees while they are not at work ?  The employees did what they did without their clubs knowledge or approval . Once the story came out , the club suspended the pair and informed the authorities. 
Do you , or the club for that matter know what every one of our players & staff gets up to 24/7 ? 
Our issues happened while players were at their work and it would appear their employer  ( Out beloved club) has been negligent in their duty of care to their employees. 

Easy tiger.

I wasn’t debating what players do 24/7. I put a question out there to which a few responses were received. I hadn’t been following the story WRT the two SEVCO players, but I would argue that the clubs do have a responsibility to ensure their staff stick to the rules during these times.....as stupid as those rules may be.
As others have mentioned. What’s the difference between car sharing and celebrating a goal with 11 players clambering all over each other.

This is exactly why match forfeits are a load of bollocks. 
This season seriously runs the risk of turning into total farce. 

Yup. There’s been ample time to play those two matches. It’s not as if Motherwell, Hamilton or ourselves were playing in Europe or 3 players from any club on international duty.

11 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Yup. There’s been ample time to play those two matches. It’s not as if Motherwell, Hamilton or ourselves were playing in Europe or 3 players from any club on international duty.

It does seem that the SPFL are one of the few sporting bodies who are after heads in the pandemic.

I have yet to see or read of the FA,RFU and Rugby league who have suffered outbreaks and postponed matches instigating any investigation as to the why’s, where’s and what’s went on in those situations.

Does not excuse our actions, just an observation on different policies 

5 hours ago, elvis said:

In fairness we are not the only ones not following guide lines there was one club who visited us had the team sitting together at a meal in there hotel and I know of a player from a different club also who blatantly disregards the wearing of face masks in shops. We have been unlucky and players got it which has f**ked us I'm sure there will be more clubs getting caught out before to long

Other clubs fans who are laughing at St Mirren and Kilmarnock should really be cautious. If the 40k fine and points deduction becomes the standard for having a game called off then this winter will be a shitstorm. In more ways than one

20 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Other clubs fans who are laughing at St Mirren and Kilmarnock should really be cautious. If the 40k fine and points deduction becomes the standard for having a game called off then this winter will be a shitstorm. In more ways than one

It's not, it's for a club blatantly ignoring the SPFL rules and, seemingly, club rules.

Stunning that no one was strong enough to challenge the actions that have led us to this point. 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's not, it's for a club blatantly ignoring the SPFL rules and, seemingly, club rules.

Stunning that no one was strong enough to challenge the actions that have led us to this point. 

That will be rules that get made up as we go along.

Rules which don't apply to certain clubs or International  Teams

While it wasn't right as no one is above the law i bet you St Mirren actions were no different from other clubs across the country

They got caught because of cancelling their games same as Killie

We got to take the punishment as we broke the rules pity it doesn't apply to  others

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That will be rules that get made up as we go along.

Rules which don't apply to certain clubs or International  Teams

While it wasn't right as no one is above the law i bet you St Mirren actions were no different from other clubs across the country

They got caught because of cancelling their games same as Killie

We got to take the punishment as we broke the rules pity it doesn't apply to  others

47 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Other clubs fans who are laughing at St Mirren and Kilmarnock should really be cautious.

Nobodies laughing louder than our own fans, with the exception of Hamilton and Motherwell. 

Edited by pod

Correct but i seriously doubt we were only club guility of the charges against us
Regarding Buses and car sharing
Team meals, christ we had the Scottish National team doing the conga at their hotel
Double standards everywhere you look
I'm still of an opinion that a certain club doesn't even bother with testing
Our national game is corrupt to the core
Yup.
So true.

But we are only responsible for our own activities.

We are a scapegoat... but we have given them that opportunity.

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yup.
So true.

But we are only responsible for our own activities.

We are a scapegoat... but we have given them that opportunity.

That's about it.

We are where we are down to ourselves, nobody else.

Pretty straightforward really.

All this other stuff is deflection by the same conspiracy theorists. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

And Brian Rice..................

Accies boss Brian Rice echoed the sentiments of his Motherwell counterpart, adding: "Yesterday shows there can be severe repercussions. I think that's common sense, yesterday'decision makes us all very aware of what could happen.

"We've obviously benefitted from what happened but it just shows you that we've got to be vigilant, abide by the rules, and every club is doing that now, but it's nothing to do with us."

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

And Brian Rice..................

Accies boss Brian Rice echoed the sentiments of his Motherwell counterpart, adding: "Yesterday shows there can be severe repercussions. I think that's common sense, yesterday'decision makes us all very aware of what could happen.

"We've obviously benefitted from what happened but it just shows you that we've got to be vigilant, abide by the rules, and every club is doing that now, but it's nothing to do with us."

Roughly translates as " Cheers for the points lads "

When it comes to Covid there are no rules. There are only guidelines and protocols. SMFC appear to have admitted to poor adherence of those guidelines.

There is no proof that failure to adhere fully to the guidelines resulted in the positive Covid tests.

The SPFL report also claimed that the Aberdeen and Celtic games did not count as they were postponed by the government. That is not true

11 August 2020 the SFA published an update that advised that a request was received from the Public Health Minister and the SPFL/SFA Joint Response Group subsequently agreed. That is proof that the game was cancelled by the SPFL and not the government. It was in the power of the SPFL decide not to agree to the request.

The update also states that “these games have been postponed in light of ongoing restrictions in Aberdeen and todays news of a breach of government public health guidance and football protocols involving Celtic FC Player”

The SFA statement admits that these are guidance and protocols not rules. They have decided to been selective on their application and interpretation of these guidelines. This is the problem with Covid guidelines, they are open to interpretation. Such as why is there a 2m rule for supermarkets but 1m for hospitality.

Why can you not sit beside someone on a bus, but on a plane you can.

Why can’t you sit at a table within 2m with someone you share sweat with on a football pitch, but can sit at the same table as them in a restaurant or stand with them in a bar 1m apart holding a pint

SMFC defence was to demonstrate the flaws in the guidelines. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Well you could argue that’s not the case. Or at least you could argue that the fine was definitely for breaking the rules, but the points deduction is for postponing the game. 
So, IF investigations will only be conducted when games are postponed, then the rules definitely favour the bigger clubs.

Somebody definitely needs to ask/answer that question categorically.

Oops!

Dundee United: Leaked team photo shows alleged Covid-19 rules breach days before outbreak (thecourier.co.uk)

Dundee United are facing tough questions as a leaked photo shows all the team’s players and staff huddled together just days before a Covid-19 outbreak rocked the club.

The full team photo, understood to have been taken on Friday November 27, shows 49 of the club’s coaches, players, and staff ignoring social distancing measures)