Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

29 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Yes, they should be penalised but prior to that they were unfairly demoted a place.

Yeah,I know what you mean.

Guy on Radio Scotland came up with rather than gifting points to opponents you should deduct the points from the “guilty” party.

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

in that case, we have been punished twice for one occurrence 

Strangely, that's the way I looked at it. 

Hypothetically speaking, if players had to self isolate for 14 days, possibly missing three Saturdays and had two midweek games.  Season over. :shockaroony

Waiting patiently on one of two outcomes:-

- our club comes out and defends our position & refutes the OTT punishment handed out.

- our club apologies whole heartedly for letting the club and fans down given their privileged position during this pandemic.

I don’t think one of the above is too much to ask.

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

What's really galling is that we were given a warning with the 3 keepers situation and yet passed up the opportunity to tighten procedures.

What we should really have done is copied Celtic and bought our own machine, meaning no-one else sees their test results. They've been an examplar of how to handle this - not one positive test. Until their players go on international duty......

7 minutes ago, scottd said:

A suspended points deduction of 6 points would have been an appropriate punishment.  If we f**ked up again before the end of the season then it’s 6 points off, this would ensure that the games actually got played.

That's exactly my thoughts above a much better solution in my opinion. You can bet your last dollar if it had been one of the arse cheeks that's what would have happened. 

Waiting patiently on one of two outcomes:-

- our club comes out and defends our position & refutes the OTT punishment handed out.

- our club apologies whole heartedly for letting the club and fans down given their privileged position during this pandemic.

I don’t think one of the above is too much to ask.

Instead of waiting you could check the website and read part one of the defence and refute.

Instead of waiting you could check the website and read part one of the defence and refute.

Read it on Thursday and like most still waiting on the further response [emoji6]...
The club operated honestly throughout the whole process and will review its position before issuing a further response.

17 minutes ago, munoz said:

Having read the article it really would be a waste of time appealing it, club knew about the car sharing, etc and postponed games because they couldn't get a squad together. Seems a pointless exercise.

In the case of dundee utd, theirs is staggeringly stupid given circumstances  but they are fulfilling fixtures as they must have a larger squad.

We got caught out through stupidity and smaller squad.