Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

2 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

I don’t expect SPFL to take the same stance, despite this and what’s happened down south. 

I would be pleasantly surprised if they did.... 

The appeal will be by heard by the SFA, but I'm not sure if this will make any difference. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55250278

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This should have been done by now. We could have had all these games played before the end of November.

I don't even know if a date has been set ? 

Definitely agree the games should be getting played though. 

23 minutes ago, alanb said:

Such a difference in how to handle a pandemic in football 

Lot of games cancelled in Championship and League One too over the weekend 

SPFL board would have a field day

I agree that the English way of handling it is better without the blame culture that affects out game - however i do wonder the impact on fixtures and possible congestion, given the top two leagues down there didn't start till mid September and theres a Euro Championship this summer.

Fixture congestion, of course, isnt an issue up here, despite the SPFL's ridiculous claims it is. We have already missed 6 free midweeks when the Accies or Well games could have been played.

Surely QoS allowing that prick Galloway PLUS his family attend their game at the weekend is a blatant breach of public health procedures yet despite police saying they had been made aware of the breach (no further action bar a word in their ear basically) not a word from the SPFL. Seems odd.

Surely QoS allowing that prick Galloway PLUS his family attend their game at the weekend is a blatant breach of public health procedures yet despite police saying they had been made aware of the breach (no further action bar a word in their ear basically) not a word from the SPFL. Seems odd.
Will watch with interest to see how this blatant and very public breach of guidelines and procedures is treated by the footballing authorities!

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:
3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Will watch with interest to see how this blatant and very public breach of guidelines and procedures is treated by the footballing authorities!

SPFL are only interested when or if a game is cancelled, but SFA maybe, but will not hold my breath 

A game cancelled trumps public health concerns in Scotland 

Galloway happily in the public eye

What I'm not quite getting in this whole debate, is the blatant breaking of the rules week after week by almost every club.

It applies in England as much as it does in Scotland, and in a number of cases it is almost properly being observed, but in many instances it is blatantly being broken, yet the clubs are not being penalised.

Furthermore it could most certainly be the cause of an outbreak which spreads to almost a whole team (e.g. Sunderland and Manchester City) and perhaps our beloved Saints.

I refer to the celebrations after a goal is scored. I know it's only natural to celebrate a goal, but to hug, fall on top of, kiss, put arms around etc. etc. is a sure way to pass this on and it's happening before our eyes every week.

Just have a look at Sportscene on Saturday (at Iprox) or Match of the Day (at Maine Road) and sure enough cuddles galore for the players who had scored a goal, both in England and Scotland.

So does it take an outbreak and a cancellation to induce the SPFL and Premier league to act, or do they just ignore it until all hell breaks loose?:huh:

Will be interesting to see if the swathe of infections leading to many games in the English leagues yesterday, is of a direct consequence of the new "super spreader" variant of Covid.

If so, we could be seeing a lot more games being called off in the near future, if the virus manages to circumvent the current protocols that clubs have in place.

The powers that be in the SPFL, the process, the SFA oversight, the appeals process, the timescales, the decisioning, the consideration for wider issues and breaches... Everything about this has been a shambles and again shines a light on the inept nature of those running our game at various levels. 

At a very quick glance, (only looking at SMFC fixtures, accept Hamilton & Motherwell may have had fixtures over a couple of these weeks) I can see nine possible fixture periods to make up these games since the charge was brought and when the SFA will convene to hear the appeal. There is absolutely no reason such a severe punishment should have been considered for these breaches. People can claim the Aberdeen & Celtic situations were drastically different but the bottom-line is, the games couldn't get played because of Covid breaches and the clubs were found accountable for their players (proven in the punishments handed out). To think Aberdeen management and other staff/ players were not aware nearly a team worth of them were going to the pub that evening is also laughable. 

From what I can tell, the only part of the recent Covid quiz issued which got overwhelming support was no to automatic 3-0 walkovers. On what planet did the disciplinary panel think this would be a suitable punishment given the varied Covid breaches by other players, clubs and football associations the world over? 

Given now the situation in England, other suspected team breaches (Dundee United and Celtic) up here that have not been investigated and the SFA's own breach of protocol, surely there is little option but to get the 3-0 forfeits in the bin?

In a time where many football leagues are struggling, we yet again manage to stand out from the rest in our embarrassing handling of a situation. 

2 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

It applies in England as much as it does in Scotland, and in a number of cases it is almost properly being observed, but in many instances it is blatantly being broken, yet the clubs are not being penalised.

They have both set up there own covid rules.  But level of punishment only becomes apparent when they find out which clubs break it first. :whistle

• 2 weeks later...

Technically permitted in November but morally wrong in December trip to Dubai.  The Covid situation changed dramatically with the appearance of the new strain in early December.

After this shambles about the Celtic trip, it will be interesting to see what the beaks have to say about the St Mirren and Kilmarnock appeals.

Celtic are already on a warning from a Covid breach earlier in the season, will they get off again?

All the talk about a weakened Celtic, half the team played against Rangers.  The joy of being able to afford a large squad.

Celtic have admitted that there were minor breaches in Dubai, compare that to what Kilmarnock and the Buddies did.

I think all the provincial fans know what will be overlooked and who will be punished.

Edited by bonzoboys

Excellent point-making by JG keeping the pressure on the decision makers.

although... this...

I’m glad to say that, since we came through that spell of six straight defeats between August and October, we’ve returned nothing but negative tests, which is a positive.

...is surely a Colemanballs entry?

if not meant humorously!  :lol:

Interview with cockwomble Doncaster.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9149501/Battle-survival-toughest-70-years-declares-embattled-SPFL-chief-Neil-Doncaster.html
Is it time now for a ban of curtailment of goal celebrations?
ND: I think it's important we keep everything under review. There is no evidence I am aware of existing of transmission between players on the field of play. The transmissions to date appear to have occurred in dressing rooms, on buses or at meal times.
It would seem he is now qualified as an epidemiologist. 

And not a very good one.