Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

The decision to replay these games could work in our favour now that we have signed 2 players who might be able to resolve our goal scoring drought.

In all fairness though, should Brophy and Quaner be permitted to play in the matches against Hamilton and Motherwell, as they were not available for the original fixtures?

Hamilton and Well have signed new players as well as us, so yes.

8 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

The decision to replay these games could work in our favour now that we have signed 2 players who might be able to resolve our goal scoring drought.

In all fairness though, should Brophy and Quaner be permitted to play in the matches against Hamilton and Motherwell, as they were not available for the original fixtures?

Didn't Celtic play players signed after the original Bolinboli game against us when it was eventually played? 

On 12/3/2020 at 4:12 PM, stlucifer said:

But the SPFL CANNOT say the postponement of games was categorically due to infringements of covid rules. the fine could stand as the rules were broken but the losses must be appealed. I believe the SPFL board have overstepped the mark here and the two clubs should get together and fight this ridiculous punishment.

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Lucky ? I don't think so.  Some of us told you Oaky  :lol: 

And you weren't alone.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I wonder who decided on the punishment, and who was on the appeal panel   

The panel is three independent individuals from a list of approved persons with a judicial / legal background.  AFAIK the list is used for other arbitration matters not just by the SFA.

21 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

The panel is three independent individuals from a list of approved persons with a judicial / legal background.  AFAIK the list is used for other arbitration matters not just by the SFA.

Hopefully the same three guys who confirmed Hearts relegation. 👩🏻👩🏻👩🏻

Edited by Bud the Baker

6 hours ago, antrin said:

I just got a PM from elvis. :(

He expects Saints to be beaten 4-0 by Accies and 6-1 by Murrawell!

Saints will be worse off than before the appeal...

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Has Elvis not posted yet we will lose both games 0-4 😄

4 hours ago, elvis said:

I am not saying we will lose these games but it would be just like the thing for us to do just that. 

sigh...

and some seed fell on stony ground....   :(

What a result winning the appeal, we where guilty but the punishment was harsh, even more harsh when in reality the only reason we got the punishment is because we don’t have a big squad. When an assistant manager admits breaching protocol on a “training camp” and pictures appear of this team “training” to then have 13 players ruled out due to self isolation, it would be absolutely shameless if they rejected our appeal, the absolutely brass neck of the statement from the spfl after it shows how petty and absolutely cringeworthy this full league set up is, absolute cowboy mentality from top to bottom. The biggest sport in Scotland and us fans who bring so much passion and a lot of money to it, constantly get taken for idiots by people who are clearly clueless and only interested in themselves. The Scottish game is excellent and it’s sold short, by rockets. If it’s not old firm pandering it’s just papering over one crack after another, there’s no leadership, there’s no fresh ideas, just the same crap, even the tv deal we got which was massively gloated about by the top brass is embarassing, from bt sports coverage of actually caring about our game, proper coverage, to sky sports old firm love in with practically any decent coverage, they might have paid the more money but at the end of the day they do absolutely nothing to promote our game. I’m babbling on a bit here but f**k me, what a depressing state our game is in.

Edited by mattman

5 hours ago, mattman said:

What a result winning the appeal, we where guilty but the punishment was harsh, even more harsh when in reality the only reason we got the punishment is because we don’t have a big squad. When an assistant manager admits breaching protocol on a “training camp” and pictures appear of this team “training” to then have 13 players ruled out due to self isolation, it would be absolutely shameless if they rejected our appeal, the absolutely brass neck of the statement from the spfl after it shows how petty and absolutely cringeworthy this full league set up is, absolute cowboy mentality from top to bottom. The biggest sport in Scotland and us fans who bring so much passion and a lot of money to it, constantly get taken for idiots by people who are clearly clueless and only interested in themselves. The Scottish game is excellent and it’s sold short, by rockets. If it’s not old firm pandering it’s just papering over one crack after another, there’s no leadership, there’s no fresh ideas, just the same crap, even the tv deal we got which was massively gloated about by the top brass is embarassing, from bt sports coverage of actually caring about our game, proper coverage, to sky sports old firm love in with practically any decent coverage, they might have paid the more money but at the end of the day they do absolutely nothing to promote our game. I’m babbling on a bit here but f**k me, what a depressing state our game is in.

Blimey!

After that lot, I can't tell whether you're angry, happy, aff yer tits or some pleasing combination of all 3. 😄

6 hours ago, mattman said:

Fair comment!  :)