antrin

Club covid executives - a statement.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

No one will admit to a Covid outbreak & ask for a match to be postponed now as they know what will happen.

I agree.

In much the same way that a multitude of people have not been 'fessing up to having a wee cough or chestiness nor making themselves available to any 'authority' that might give them a chance to fail a cv test - just in case it means they would have to self-isolate and not get to work and earn money to keep their families surviving.  Why bother?

There is no reward for being honest during this pandemic..

(Even if you're a friend or relative of a Tory MP, then you just keep quiet and enjoy the benefits of being awarded a contract to do/produce something about which you haven't got a f**kin clue.)

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

We deserve to be punished. Both a fine and losses seem a bit harsh, but we have no one else to blame but ourselves.

Fine, loss of points, not to forget, we now have minus 6 more goals.  Surely that's not enough. :moony2

3 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

What action was taken against SEVCO for two of their players being at a house party?
Just curious as I don’t recall any outcome.

How can clubs be held responsible for actions of employees while they are not at work ?  The employees did what they did without their clubs knowledge or approval . Once the story came out , the club suspended the pair and informed the authorities. 
Do you , or the club for that matter know what every one of our players & staff gets up to 24/7 ? 
Our issues happened while players were at their work and it would appear their employer  ( Out beloved club) has been negligent in their duty of care to their employees. 

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
2 hours ago, stlucifer said:
I was intimating that no one could argue about a fine for breaking rules. The deduction of points is on the assumption that covid was spread due to those rule breaches. This cannot be proved as the normal training sessions were as likely to be the cause. What the SPFL decision is doing is making assumptions. It should be the powers that be need to prove conclusively that was the case before such draconian measures were taken. I find it very hard to believe they were able to do this.

Only if you deny the charges...we didn't !

We were guilty of the charges. The SPFL should still need to prove this caused the lack of players which, as I have said, is damn near impossible to do. That's why I said the fine would be justified. St. Mirren couldn't admit to it being the cause of the covid infections. The only way that would be possible is for them to have caged the players for the period in question. There is no definitive way of telling whether or not the close quarters at meal times, bus and car journeys caused the infection to spread and the training not to have. No way should Saints or Killie take this stupid decision lying down.

Having just read the report on the SPFL website, we deserved what we got.

I would be amazed if the club tried to appeal it.

The season starts now for us and with the strength of the squad, i am sure the club can stay up with a bit to spare. 

Motherwelll have done well out of this.

Luckily no one has seen this now-deleted tweet from a wee bit earlier.

Andrew Maclean on Twitter: "No surprise Coleraine have now deleted this tweet. Ridiculous picture and post in the current climate. https://t.co/QlvY1AnnQJ" / Twitter

All very friendly and fitba-like cosiness.

48 minutes ago, party politics said:

I would imagine that when we were given the go ahead to start back training that someone would have sat the players down (socially distanced😃) and explained what they can and cannot do. Why then are we as a club in so many breaches of things that are/were off limits, it is staggering to believe that a Professional football club can get so many things wrong. Also what is more worrying that it looks like nobody (covid officer, manager, coaches, doctors, physio, ceo, chairman...delete as appropriate) had the foresight to put a stop to it.

I look forward to top four Tony's comments or even better a statement from the Chairman (do we still have one?)

I would hope that the appointment of the ex police and the safety man, means that the players are now managing that extremely difficult task of socially distancing on the bus and while being fed?

They are probably all too busy planning the christmas party.

3 minutes ago, alanb said:

Killie speak out further 

Caused considerable stress? :lol:

As for this bit, what a lot of shite................."and while we HAVE to accept that risks can be minimised, there are occasions where transmissions will occur without ANYONE being at fault" :lol:

Failing to take any responsibility, that's what it reads like to me. 

5 hours ago, smcc said:

The independent tribunal did not decide on the punishment. That would be down to the SPFL board.

Surely the SPFL wouldnt be stupid enough to have those making the decision reps of clubs who would directly benefit from forfeiting games?

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Caused considerable stress? :lol:

As for this bit, what a lot of shite................."and while we HAVE to accept that risks can be minimised, there are occasions where transmissions will occur without ANYONE being at fault" :lol:

Failing to take any responsibility, that's what it reads like to me. 

Interesting that they suggested an update of the protocol though

A lot more knowledge now available to help, maybe car sharing, for example , back when first issued the protocol was vague and JG should have advised cycle to work like he did 😉

We were guilty of the charges. The SPFL should still need to prove this caused the lack of players which, as I have said, is damn near impossible to do. That's why I said the fine would be justified. St. Mirren couldn't admit to it being the cause of the covid infections. The only way that would be possible is for them to have caged the players for the period in question. There is no definitive way of telling whether or not the close quarters at meal times, bus and car journeys caused the infection to spread and the training not to have. No way should Saints or Killie take this stupid decision lying down.
The NHS IMT report conclusion was that our lack of adherence was likely to have caused the infection to spread. I take it you haven't read the full findings ? If we as a club were not following the rules we signed up to and those breaches were likely to cause spread of Covid in a situation where we encountered a positive case amongst playing staff then it's an open and shut case.

The actual postponements were not one of the charges they were a consequence of our non adherence. It was agreed by all 12 clubs that these measures were designed to prevent spread of infection. Where the infection originated from is totally irrelevant, we by our non adherence gave the infection the chance to spread and as a direct consequence of that we were unable to fulfill our fixtures.

Someone on P&B ( a Motherwell fan surprisingly)made an interesting point - had it been Rangers that that were due to play us and Killie and were handed the 2 victories, and effectively handed them the League title- do you think this would have happened? Me neither, Lawwell and Co wouldn't have allowed it to.