antrin

Club covid executives - a statement.

It is obvious that there has been a total lack of leadership of at the business end of the club.  We were given a series of protocols to follow and it would appear that no procedures were implemented to ensure that the playing staff adhered to them.  The leadership must come from the top but sadly we don't have that.  I don't blame Tony - it has to be laid at the door of the people who appointed him.

Over to you Smisa and the Kibble.

I would like to know where the SPFL obtained all the information regarding our alleged mistakes.What right have they in their Report to say we should have had two coaches to Dumfries to avoid social distancing.Who do they expect to cover the cost of that this was a cup tie with no crowd.Usually you would have received half gate receipts after expenses.They introduce all those protocols yet Managers and Coaching Staff hog the touch line with no masks.Moreover it appears ok for players to neglect social distancing when a goal is scored with hugs and cuddling of team mates.No consistency of rules whatsoever.SPFL is not fit for purpose.We have seven days to appeal.Refer this charade to the Law Courts now.Judges will tear all this apart.

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It is, ranging from blatantly treating the possible transmission with no respect to ignoring basic protocols.

And yet there are still countless numbers trying to deflect with what about rangers / septic / dons.  
We f**ked up !! Internal investigation needed to find out why this happened and who is responsible . The culprits need to be identified and disciplined accordingly .

l

We may argue that the punishment is severe however it doesn't look like we have any defence in being found guilty.

As CEO Tony has a bit of explaining to do as he is responsible for day to day management. The buck stops with him. Why were we so inept?

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We may argue that the punishment is severe however it doesn't look like we have any defence in being found guilty.

As CEO Tony has a bit of explaining to do as he is responsible for day to day management. The buck stops with him. Why were we so inept?

Sadly I think you answered your own question 

If a club our size requires CEO then we may need one less emotionally attached 

Make TF club president or something similar 

Edited by alanb

Agree that we probably deserve this as we were caught. However I do not believe for one minute that no other players in Scotland were:are carsharing. Bare in mind the logistics of travelling to training for players who don’t drive, live a great distance from their place of work etc. Are all these other clubs seriously saying that all their players have been taking public transport or taxis? I seriously doubt it. Could be an interesting next few days as I’m sure someone will do a Lee Wallace and turn super grass.
That was where the club had to step in and make arrangements to support their employees, allowing them to attend work safely.

We all knew the rules.

So many people have suffered as a result of them. Why should footballers be exempt?

They mix closely in training so it's ridiculous to condemn them sitting in a car or eating a meal together. Absolutely ludicrous decision.
The whole situation is a farce.
Football should not have resumed.

You can hug after scoring a goal but not shake hands before the match. Ayr right!

I get that we have f#cked up and deserve to be punished for that but punishment doesn’t fit the “crime” for me. The coach travelling puzzles me ....... based on the judgement around social distancing then teams should be using 2 / 3 buses for travel to away games.

I’m assuming all other teams in the SPFL have been complying with this directive ?

Ok, I can't be arsed reading a 15 page document just now so the answer to this might be in there somewhere.

From what I can see, from this thread, we have been found guilty of (ok, admitted to) not complying with the "covid rules". The fact that games were postponed is a side issue. Does that mean that if a club breaks the "covid rules" then they will be punished with a 3-0 defeat even if they didn't have to postpone a game? If, for example, sevco win a bigot derby but are later found to have breached the "covid rules" in the days prior to the game, will they be punished with a 3-0 defeat in a game that they won? It's just a hypothetical question.

If the postponements are the relative factor, then a bigger club, with a bigger squad, could theoretically breach the rules more, have more infected players but still be able to field a team and so escape punishment?

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

Ok, I can't be arsed reading a 15 page document just now so the answer to this might be in there somewhere.

From what I can see, from this thread, we have been found guilty of (ok, admitted to) not complying with the "covid rules". The fact that games were postponed is a side issue. Does that mean that if a club breaks the "covid rules" then they will be punished with a 3-0 defeat even if they didn't have to postpone a game? If, for example, sevco win a bigot derby but are later found to have breached the "covid rules" in the days prior to the game, will they be punished with a 3-0 defeat in a game that they won? It's just a hypothetical question.

If the postponements are the relative factor, then a bigger club, with a bigger squad, could theoretically breach the rules more, have more infected players but still be able to field a team and so escape punishment?

Also, if a club breached the rules but didn't have to postpone, what would the punishment be if they lost the game 4-0?  Would it be changed to 3-0 and they actually get a benefit?

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

That was where the club had to step in and make arrangements to support their employees, allowing them to attend work safely.

We all knew the rules.

So many people have suffered as a result of them. Why should footballers be exempt?

Correct but i seriously doubt we were only club guility of the charges against us

Regarding Buses and car sharing

Team meals, christ we had the Scottish National team doing the conga at their hotel

Double standards everywhere you look

I'm still of an opinion that a certain club doesn't even bother with testing

Our national game is corrupt to the core

It has emerged that only four clubs voted in favour of 3-0 losses to clubs who failed to fulfil their fixture due to failure of Covid protocols.Accordingly the league has no mandate to award those points to Motherwell and Hamilton.This decision now has to be reversed.
That vote was for action resulting from a postponement NOT as a consequence of a breach I.e. a club has a postponement due to Covid, that automatically triggers a SPFL enquiry which in turn results in a verdict that the club had followed every measure they signed up to and hence the postponement was not caused by spread via non adherence. I'm not sure what folk don't get here. As for your earlier question about who decides we broke rules, need two buses etc, read the 15 page deliberation before posting nonsense. The outbreak triggered an NHS MIT report. They through questioning club employees established the facts. Same would happen with any outbreak in a workplace. The club has royally screwed up here. We need to accept that. We signed up to follow SPFL protocols not SG protocols. Social Distancing rules were crystal clear for all situations including bus travel. And the club have admitted we broke all these rules yet still some supporters won't accept it. All we can gripe about is the severity of the punishment.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
8 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:
It has emerged that only four clubs voted in favour of 3-0 losses to clubs who failed to fulfil their fixture due to failure of Covid protocols.Accordingly the league has no mandate to award those points to Motherwell and Hamilton.This decision now has to be reversed.

That vote was for action resulting from a postponement NOT as a consequence of a breach I.e. a club has a postponement due to Covid, that automatically triggers a SPFL enquiry which in turn results in a verdict that the club had followed every measure they signed up to and hence the postponement was not caused by spread via non adherence. I'm not sure what folk don't get here. As for your earlier question about who decides we broke rules, need two buses etc, read the 15 page deliberation before posting nonsense. The outbreak triggered an NHS MIT report. They through questioning club employees established the facts. Same would happen with any outbreak in a workplace. The club has royally screwed up here. We need to accept that. We signed up to follow SPFL protocols not SG protocols. Social Distancing rules were crystal clear for all situations including bus travel. And the club have admitted we broke all these rules yet still some supporters won't accept it. All we can gripe about is the severity of the punishment.

The severity of the punishment is my only gripe,  well that and the amateurish way the club has performed throughout this season regarding the Covid rules. 

I don't think for one second the big 2 Glasgow teams would have been handed out the same level of punishment,  and for this reason its fundamentally wrong. 

8 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Are we being punished for breaking Covid protocol or for not having a big enough pool of players available. 

I think again the fact that tens of thousands have died that some on here are missing the point.  Rules were in place we breeched them and players got covid .. i think we are lucky we just lost 6 points... could have been far worse.. a very bad week again highlighting our problems are not just on the pitch...

Are we being punished for breaking Covid protocol or for not having a big enough pool of players available. 
You could have 100 players in your squad but if they are all forced into self isolation or test positive due to negligence likely to lead to a positive case spreading then it would be irrelevant. Your question has merit IF a club is following procedures. If they were then in theory yes a bigger squad might mean you being able to field some sort of team however every major workplace outbreak triggers an NHS investigation whether thats an abattoir or a football club the SPFL enquiry afaik was only triggered by the failure to fulfill the fixtures.

A bigger squad would be an advantage but only where the employer is following the rules. Had we broke Civid protocols but been lucky enough still to be able to field a team the NHS investigation would still have discovered the breaches, their report formed a fair part of the evidence against us. I assume that would have resulted in punishment but obviously forfeiture was not an option in that scenario as the game would have been played. Fine, points deduction who knows as for some strange reason the penalties for non compliance were not included in the procedures.

10 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

And yet there are still countless numbers trying to deflect with what about rangers / septic / dons.  
We f**ked up !! Internal investigation needed to find out why this happened and who is responsible . The culprits need to be identified and disciplined accordingly .

l

Hate this grassing and dicipline people. Mistakes were mate and you learn and move on. People's jobs, livelihoods at stake, ffs wouldnt want u in my corner.

48 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Fine, points deduction who knows as for some strange reason the penalties for non compliance were not included in the procedures.

You missed the goals deduction.  Has Hamilton ever scored 3 goals in a game this season. :rolleyes: 

Only the SPFL could turn a pandemic into a disciplinary issue. They should be assisting clubs during a difficult time, not turning it into a grassing contest with eye watering fines if you get caught. 

That said, the club have been truly truly negligent - they knew the rules, and blatantly ignored them. The full transcript is a difficult read. 

St Mirren FC can’t seriously put out statements saying we’ve done nothing wrong and call for fans to be back in the stadium whilst they know this shite is going on in the background... 

Add that to financial irregularities, the Magennis exit farce and a complete lack of transparency about who is actually running the club. All things considered, I’m pretty pissed off at the way our club is being run at the moment. 

In fairness we are not the only ones not following guide lines there was one club who visited us had the team sitting together at a meal in there hotel and I know of a player from a different club also who blatantly disregards the wearing of face masks in shops. We have been unlucky and players got it which has f**ked us I'm sure there will be more clubs getting caught out before to long