Club covid executives - a statement.

antrin

1 hour ago, antrin said:

The SPFL is a members club to which St Mirren signed up.

it can make decisions on behalf of those clubs (but mostly in favour of the Twin Cheeks). 
Clubs have bought into that structure.  It is illegal to challenge it in Law (unless you are sevco, it seems)

relegation by kangaroo court was done with reference to Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer.  Remember?

Not really the same situation as all clubs had a vote on that.  Also, there was a "stricter time limit" on that decision.

To me, the only other option would have been to postpone the end of last season then complete it when allowed but, of course, that would have resulted in teams having different squads and teams with larger budgets being able to strengthen more than others in a "third window" for that one season.  No matter what was decided, some teams would have won and some would have lost and I bet the teams that were relegated would have voted for it had been others in that position.  There was essentially no win-win situation.

I doubt our situation would have been duplicated if it had been the clubs represented on the panel (or whatever you call them) that had been up for breaches.  There were also free midweeks when our postponed games could have been played but we weren't allowed to until the SPFL had made their decision, which makes the whole thing even more of a farce.

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

A reduction?  I also doubt that a reduction CAN happen..

The fine is essentially £0.00, surely?  I was under the impression that it's a suspended fine till sometime next summer, isn't it?

They could say that if we don't breach the rules again before the end of the season that they will give us £40,000.  Is that a "reduction"? :rolleyes:

A reduction?  I also doubt that a reduction CAN happen..

The fine is essentially £0.00, surely?  I was under the impression that it's a suspended fine till sometime next summer, isn't it?

Aye that’s the case unless we repeat the misdemeanour then it’s £40,000 iirc.

The only people that benefit from these appeals are lawyers.

The Jambos spent well over £600,000 on fees during that doomed legal case last year!

I hate lawyers.

I don’t expect SPFL to take the same stance, despite this and what’s happened down south. 

I would be pleasantly surprised if they did.... 

I don’t think any clubs have confidence in the SPFL, but what was interesting is that it was the Italian Olympic committee that overturned the original ruling.

2 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

I don’t expect SPFL to take the same stance, despite this and what’s happened down south. 

I would be pleasantly surprised if they did.... 

The appeal will be by heard by the SFA, but I'm not sure if this will make any difference. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55250278

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This should have been done by now. We could have had all these games played before the end of November.

I don't even know if a date has been set ? 

Definitely agree the games should be getting played though. 

23 minutes ago, alanb said:

Such a difference in how to handle a pandemic in football 

Lot of games cancelled in Championship and League One too over the weekend 

SPFL board would have a field day

I agree that the English way of handling it is better without the blame culture that affects out game - however i do wonder the impact on fixtures and possible congestion, given the top two leagues down there didn't start till mid September and theres a Euro Championship this summer.

Fixture congestion, of course, isnt an issue up here, despite the SPFL's ridiculous claims it is. We have already missed 6 free midweeks when the Accies or Well games could have been played.

Surely QoS allowing that prick Galloway PLUS his family attend their game at the weekend is a blatant breach of public health procedures yet despite police saying they had been made aware of the breach (no further action bar a word in their ear basically) not a word from the SPFL. Seems odd.