Jump to content

antrin

Club covid executives - a statement.

Recommended Posts

Just now, oaksoft said:

We're going round in circles. The club is being punished for errors the club made in following the rules. That was not the case for Aberdeen, Celtic or Rangers.

Yep we are.

They are employed by those clubs and their actions caused disruption.

Our game with Celtic was postponed because one of their players decided to go to Spain for a party ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, munoz said:

Yep we are.

They are employed by those clubs and their actions caused disruption.

Our game with Celtic was postponed because one of their players decided to go to Spain for a party ffs.

Yes but not by Celtic FFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

We're going round in circles. The club is being punished for errors the club made in following the rules. That was not the case for Aberdeen, Celtic or Rangers.

Correct 

Club punishment from SPFL and those other players were punished by the SFA and their clubs also.

Scottish government strongly suggested games were cancelled and SPFL agreed and Aberdeen was in a lockdown too

Club board to blame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

"St Mirren and Kilmarnock infringed social distancing rules on buses and at meals, and players from the former also shared cars to and from training."

If we had players car sharing, someone deserves the sack for allowing it! emoji850.png

Agree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Club Statement
The club operated honestly throughout the whole process and will review its position before issuing a further response.
 
Who's idea was it to tell the truth?????    Is that why they have now appointed an ex-cop.
Review the position of whoever is responsible before announcing they have been sacked should be the statement. Fan ownership can't be any worse than the shit show that's been shown up this week. Dreadful week for the club and all so typically Saints, shooting yourself in the foot stuff as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"St Mirren and Kilmarnock infringed social distancing rules on buses and at meals, and players from the former also shared cars to and from training."

If we had players car sharing, someone deserves the sack for allowing it!



Agree that we probably deserve this as we were caught. However I do not believe for one minute that no other players in Scotland were:are carsharing. Bare in mind the logistics of travelling to training for players who don’t drive, live a great distance from their place of work etc. Are all these other clubs seriously saying that all their players have been taking public transport or taxis? I seriously doubt it. Could be an interesting next few days as I’m sure someone will do a Lee Wallace and turn super grass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Review the position of whoever is responsible before announcing they have been sacked should be the statement. Fan ownership can't be any worse than the shit show that's been shown up this week. Dreadful week for the club and all so typically Saints, shooting yourself in the foot stuff as usual.

Fan take over can't come fast enough, so we can have a properly run club. :rolleyes:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Agree that we probably deserve this as we were caught. However I do not believe for one minute that no other players in Scotland were:are carsharing. Bare in mind the logistics of travelling to training for players who don’t drive, live a great distance from their place of work etc. Are all these other clubs seriously saying that all their players have been taking public transport or taxis? I seriously doubt it. Could be an interesting next few days as I’m sure someone will do a Lee Wallace and turn super grass.

 

 

Might be some players needing an alternative method of getting home tonight! :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who reads the full 15 page decision and doesn't think we deserve what we got has tunnel vision. If that is us 'robustly defending our position' then we are a complete embarrassment. Really got to ask who is in charge these days and where does the buck stop? Whoever it is, their job I would suggest is hanging by a thread. We look, not for the first time, like a bunch of amateurs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, antrin said:
I dunno about "the car-sharing" but would have thought players would be considered to be in a bubble?
 
Were they picking up hitch-hikers?

A "bubble" at our level is impossible. Players going home to wives, partners and families every night can't possibly form a bubble so car sharing is madness

They mix closely in training so it's ridiculous to condemn them sitting in a car or eating a meal together. Absolutely ludicrous decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, munoz said:

So a Celtic or Aberdeen player has nothing to do with Celtic FC or Aberdeen FC? 

Crystal clear now, I stand corrected. 

There's a difference between a club setting rules and the player not following them and a club not setting rules at all.

Can you really not understand that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

"St Mirren and Kilmarnock infringed social distancing rules on buses and at meals, and players from the former also shared cars to and from training."

If we had players car sharing, someone deserves the sack for allowing it! emoji850.png

I wonder if this and the financial irregularities would have happened if Brian Caldwell was still around. I think we all know the answer. That's what we get for employing someone not up to the job who can only act as s figurehead that makes silly statements. Yes we are indeed a bunch of amateurs. Having said that  Celtic would not have received this punishment had they acted similarly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elected to serve on the 2019/20 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were:

  • • Ladbrokes Premiership: Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), 

 

Are they involved in the disciplinary case. :unsure: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...