What is your most treasured Saints memorabilia?

Yflab

1 hour ago, PaulAM said:

Has to be this scarf celebrating 1st Division win back in the day. Bought it in Paisley, think somewhere is Wellmeadow Street where you used to buy tickets for  home fixtures.  The scarf was   made by Signet in Linlithgow. It’s seen better days alas but still  in one bit. Anyone else got one of these ? 

IMG_9408.jpg

I had that scarf too. Had forgotten all about it until I’d seen your photo.

I really regret not keeping all my stuff from back in those days. The really sad thing is I don’t actually remember consciously throwing anything out. Things just seemed to disappear. I suppose when you’re young you just don’t treasure things the same way.  Well I obviously didn’t anyway.

The only stuff I have are programmes from the European games and some old pennants and bits and bobs. But they weren’t mine.

On one of our tartan army trips I bumped into a big fella called Kenny Wales. He played for St. Mirren as an apprentice in the late 70s. Apparently he used to clean Mecca’s boots.
Met him on many a subsequent trip for a few beers and he kept saying there was something he wanted to send me (knowing I was a Buds fan). He always said it but nothing ever turned up. Then one day a brown envelope dropped through the door containing all of this stuff.

What a big gent. Last saw him in Macedonia 2008 when he came up to me during the game to say he had to leave as he’d just heard his mum had passed away. After a few messages to make sure he’d got home and was ok, I’ve never seen the big man since. Hope he is well. 

This moneybox. Belonged to my Grampa, who brainwashed me to be a Saints fan. After he died in 1998, it stayed on my Gran's shelf until she passed away in 2014. We opened it to find a solitary £1 note 😂

I also love my 87 cup final scarf, which is incredibly tatty now but I don't dare wash it in case the text comes off.

37623348_1749323405175314_6171046755065397248_n.jpg

On 1/11/2021 at 2:27 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thanks Chaps. Contents of the brown envelope.

By the way, I’ve got a double on the Elfsborg programme if anybody wants one. Both in mint condition. Drop me a PMC98AC1D1-5117-4E56-BF01-F59DD41600F4.thumb.jpeg.627935e0713f5e666f8c4c79f9aac04c.jpeg

Who are the opponents in the old programme?

ETA...I managed to enlarge the pic, it's Third Lanark.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

I’ve got an autographed ‘87 Cup final programme featuring the whole Saints team and staff. I really should stick it on eBay. I’m keen to offload all my memorabilia as I’d like a Saints collector to safeguard the items for future generations.

Or maybe I should keep them and hope future grandkids to an interest in the mighty Saints. I don’t know what’s best.

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I’ve got an autographed ‘87 Cup final programme featuring the whole Saints team and staff. I really should stick it on eBay. I’m keen to offload all my memorabilia as I’d like a Saints collector to safeguard the items for future generations.

Or maybe I should keep them and hope future grandkids to an interest in the mighty Saints. I don’t know what’s best.

Display it at 1877 club at the stadium maybe ?  then it will always be yours 

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

Display it at 1877 club at the stadium maybe ?  then it will always be yours 

Unfortunately only a select few members get access to this club, so it’s a No from me. 😂 

I wish there was a supporters museum in the stadium that people could access to view such items. I’d happily donate my Love St crush barrier. I might even try to get Fitzy and some of his former teammates to autograph it.

“Here lies the crush barrier often hit by wayward shots and crosses”

9 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Unfortunately only a select few members get access to this club, so it’s a No from me. 😂 

I wish there was a supporters museum in the stadium that people could access to view such items. I’d happily donate my Love St crush barrier. I might even try to get Fitzy and some of his former teammates to autograph it.

“Here lies the crush barrier often hit by wayward shots and crosses”

In fairness Yflab anyBuddie can access the 1877 Club after the game, it's obviously your choice but a decent shout from Portmahomack Saint if your hoping to safeguard your memorabilia.......I absolutely agree about a Supporter's Museum

5 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

In fairness Yflab anyBuddie can access the 1877 Club after the game, it's obviously your choice but a decent shout from Portmahomack Saint if your hoping to safeguard your memorabilia.......I absolutely agree about a Supporter's Museum

Appreciate that, but I prefer to go to the Court bar as it sponsors the Chivas travel club before and after games when I can afford to. I know many other fans who do likewise there and at other pubs like the Tile, Bankhouse and Brewers Tap.