Yflab

What is your most treasured Saints memorabilia?

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

.......and the odd hawf brick from irate Hearts/Hibs fans! 

Aye those Hibs fans were probably the worst of the bunch. I remember them entering the home end one game pre match and attacking young and old fans without giving a fcuk. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

.......and the odd hawf brick from irate Hearts/Hibs fans! 

I actually collected some bricks from when they were demolishing the Love Street end and gave a number away to Saints fans for birthday presents. 😂 

What I like about the new estate is that the developers have retained the surrounding old wall that was behind the NorthBank. It might be a good idea if we could arrange for a mural to be painted on reminiscing of days gone by.

Once this current lockdown ends I will go down and take some photos. I keep asking the wife if we can retire there but she has her heart set on 🇪🇸

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Aye those Hibs fans were probably the worst of the bunch. I remember them entering the home end one game pre match and attacking young and old fans without giving a fcuk. 

I also remember one game where they entered the Northbank at half time and got their khunts kicked in. 
I remember it well because I think I threw the very first Saints punch. May I add it was purely for self defence reasons. I was standing about a third of the way up the NB by the fence. After all the young kids in front of me had scarpered, I was basically the first in line. Fortunately for me, one wee guy was ahead of their pack and came directly at me. I preemptively gubbed him and by the time he reacted and the others caught up, the NB boys behind me had piled down and were getting torn in. I just burrowed my way back through the crowd and ultimately to safety like any respectable young 18 year old lad would. 
For clarity “respectable young 18 year old lad” = Shitebag. 😀

A recent addition to my collection was a gift my wife gave me for Christmas. A piece of art designed by a Saints fan in Paisley I’m led to believe.

smfreehandart.co.uk 

It’s framed and looks better than this photo.

6BCF4DDE-9BDE-4753-B9FF-B7A0244E9329.thumb.jpeg.41f3d9276e92becc8b7d0a416c6facc7.jpeg

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I also remember one game where they entered the Northbank at half time and got their khunts kicked in. 
I remember it well because I think I threw the very first Saints punch. May I add it was purely for self defence reasons. I was standing about a third of the way up the NB by the fence. After all the young kids in front of me had scarpered, I was basically the first in line. Fortunately for me, one wee guy was ahead of their pack and came directly at me. I preemptively gubbed him and by the time he reacted and the others caught up, the NB boys behind me had piled down and were getting torn in. I just burrowed my way back through the crowd and ultimately to safety like any respectable young 18 year old lad would. 
For clarity “respectable young 18 year old lad” = Shitebag. 😀

Remember it well.  You can thank me later :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, Yflab said:

My dug is also Black and White and called Buddy. I used to have a black and white car, but only when it wisnae washed.

BEF39920-4EE8-48B5-8F18-DF9DF3E25A76.thumb.jpeg.91d1afbbfb053cc0409f678596b6dfdb.jpeg

As you know Balfy, I have a Black and White motorbike....I also have Red, Black and White leathers and same colours on my crash helmet.

I also have several signed and framed shirts, I am too scared to hang them as I have nowhere in my house that does not have direct sunlight for several hours a day and don't want them fading. Same with multiple framed programmes. Anyone know if there is solution for preventing this...other than hiding them away....

2 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

As you know Balfy, I have a Black and White motorbike....I also have Red, Black and White leathers and same colours on my crash helmet.

I also have several signed and framed shirts, I am too scared to hang them as I have nowhere in my house that does not have direct sunlight for several hours a day and don't want them fading. Same with multiple framed programmes. Anyone know if there is solution for preventing this...other than hiding them away....

My crash helmet is the same colour scheme. My bike was black and white.......with some green as it was a Kawasaki.

I say was as I was forced to sell it this week. 😢 

Do you need a new crash helmet? 

9 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

I also know your wallet won't fade in the sunlight. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

As for the framed shirts mine are tucked away for the same reason. I believe you can get glass that protects the shirts from sunlight, but that would mean reframing. Perhaps the solution is to use some spray that you could use over the existing frame to stop UV. 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Uv-Resistant-Acrylic-Coating-Aerosol-Spray/dp/B00397STRW

Just now, W6er said:

I'll give you £30 for it. :)

I went on a bit of a spree with programmes...I have 59 Semi and Final, 87 complete set with 2 x Semi and 2 x Final, 2013 League Cup complete set x 2.

Took me a wee while to get them all, but good fun chasing them down. Probably be on Ebay just after I leave the building...

59 Final I put in a mental bid against a dealer, thankfully he backed off at around £20...😀

Just now, Yflab said:

My crash helmet is the same colour scheme. My bike was black and white.......with some green as it was a Kawasaki.

I say was as I was forced to sell it this week. 😢 

Do you need a new crash helmet? 

The one I have is new from the Bike Show last March, only had it on 3 times....Shoei number, really good, first one I have paid a lot of money for, even at half price.

I only buy kit at the Show or Knockhill, normal shops are usually bonkers prices. What was the model of your Kwak ??

I have a 96 ZXR 750 L3 Green/Black/White in the Garage.

53 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Shut your curtains.

2 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

The one I have is new from the Bike Show last March, only had it on 3 times....Shoei number, really good, first one I have paid a lot of money for, even at half price.

I only buy kit at the Show or Knockhill, normal shops are usually bonkers prices. What was the model of your Kwak ??

I have a 96 ZXR 750 L3 Green/Black/White in the Garage.

Ninja 30th anniversary. Sad to see it go. Shit happens,

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

That's the Besta cabinet display I've seen. emoji23.png

I know, it's sad that I can recognize an IKEA item at a glance. emoji851.png

Bought especially for our Saints memorabilia. Newspapers and books in there too.