St Mirren v Dundee Utd 5/11/20

faraway saint

Well, plenty of questions about this game.

Will it go ahead?

Will we be that rusty we'll run out of steam as we've no played for about a month?

Will we be still worrying about getting clobbered for failing to keep the club free from the virus?

Can we stay in front of Hamilton, seems like an annual question? 

A Friday night game, love it. 

Friday is the 6th but apart from that good effort! [emoji1]

Saints 0 Utd 3. Covid panel result. Wonder what the odds are?

In all seriousness if we get the game on we need to get at them right away. They're signing folk on stupid wages at the same time as pleading poverty and just announced losses for the year of £5m. Hopefully a tangerine squad revolt will be rife and we can segment them for a much needed victory!

13 minutes ago, scam75 said:

Friday is the 6th but apart from that good effort! emoji1.png

Saints 0 Utd 3. Covid panel result. Wonder what the odds are?

In all seriousness if we get the game on we need to get at them right away. They're signing folk on stupid wages at the same time as pleading poverty and just announced losses for the year of £5m. Hopefully a tangerine squad revolt will be rife and we can segment them for a much needed victory!

I should have added "What date is the flippin game?" :lol:

Heard the United captain on the radio earlier, no real concern about the discussions about salary cuts, seems it pretty widespread so I don't think that'll be an issue.

IF they win they would be 9 points in front of us, a win for us and we're only 3 behind them.

Considering the fire power they have they have only scored 2 more goals than us so I can see a low scoring snorefest.

0-0. 

Edited by faraway saint

He's unlikely to say, aye we're aw raging and that Ashgar is a cnut [emoji38]! It may have no effect but I'm guessing it will be wrankling with them. Whether that's enough for a petulant bout of self pity and not trying a leg remains to be seen.

One can only hope!

Yeah, grim stuff points wise if we don't win.

Hard to tell if the break will work for us or against but it has given us time to get our injured players back.

With any luck we'll see a similar performance to the one Motherwell had against County after a long period without a game.

Really could do with a win to give us all a lift.

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

No figures have yet been released for the last 12 months, but given the previous years its not going to look good for them. Reckon they will be forced to sell Shankland in January.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-accounts-reveal-wage-20730201

£5 million supposedly spunked in 3 years, but I'm sure the current crop of Utd players won't give 2 fuks about that.

15 minutes ago, munoz said:

£5 million supposedly spunked in 3 years, but I'm sure the current crop of Utd players won't give 2 fuks about that.

If you have the backing it's not money "spunked".

If United stay up they will make a massive part of that back, and more in the years to come.

If they went back down, aye, a "gamble" that's not paid off.

26 minutes ago, Yflab said:

No figures have yet been released for the last 12 months, but given the previous years its not going to look good for them. Reckon they will be forced to sell Shankland in January.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-accounts-reveal-wage-20730201

No team in Scotland is able to withstand any decent bid for a player.

If we had Shankland and a team offered 3 bob we'd sell him. 

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I should have added "What date is the flippin game?" :lol:

Heard the United captain on the radio earlier, no real concern about the discussions about salary cuts, seems it pretty widespread so I don't think that'll be an issue.

IF they win they would be 9 points in front of us, a win for us and we're only 3 behind them.

Considering the fire power they have they have only scored 2 more goals than us so I can see a low scoring snorefest.

0-0. 

Apologies, just noticed United are playing today, god forbid they win or they could be almost out of sight after next Friday. :(

United, Kilmarnock & Motherwell all outwith our reach now not impossible but improbable imo.

Sounding like a broken record here but history tells us we won't win 3/4 more matches than the 3 mentioned teams between now and end of the season.

I expect this season to be the season us and Hamilton are cast adrift and after great start pointswise but not performancewise we just never really recovered from Shaugnessey red card.

Apologies, just noticed United are playing today, god forbid they win or they could be almost out of sight after next Friday. [emoji20]

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

United, Kilmarnock & Motherwell all outwith our reach now not impossible but improbable imo.

Sounding like a broken record here but history tells us we won't win 3/4 more matches than the 3 mentioned teams between now and end of the season.

I expect this season to be the season us and Hamilton are cast adrift and after great start pointswise but not performancewise we just never really recovered from Shaugnessey red card.

As things stand..............................

image.thumb.png.2ef25056d2e7c22a43b55a26bd37f7f2.png

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Uhm...

early bevvy, FTOF?

He specifically has included RC... as you quoted.

:lol:

Unfortunately I didn't even have that excuse.:lol:

I'm working on it now though.:guinness

I obviously meant The Fake saints.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

Just now, Yflab said:

I’m surprised by how many points Utd have got so far this season. Personally I’d like to see us finish above Livingston and Hamilton. 

Having seen Utd in this sporadic season,  we're definitely no worse.

Having seen Utd in this sporadic season,  we're definitely no worse.

Agree, United have looked a surprisingly poor side this season.

But, they beat us, managed to beat County at home (we drew) and drew with Dons away (we lost late).

Slim margins, but that 6 points of a difference right there.

We need to improve.

The annual "we're better than" is hard to prove, especially from people with black and white specs.

As @turrabuddie has pointed out, United have done better than us in a few games and are currently 9 points in front of us.

Oh, before anybody gets all excited, I'm aware we have 3 games in hand.

I know what teams situation I'd rather be in right now.

Fridays game is massive, we win and our 3 games in hand could be handy, if we lose, it's unlikely we could catch them, although their is a long way to go. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Fridays game is massive, we win and our 3 games in hand could be handy, if we lose, it's unlikely we could catch them, although their is a long way to go. 

Agreed. Especially given that 2 of the 3 games in hand are against teams that we would hope to have a decent chance of beating.

6 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

We will lose this game

The players, the manager and the club spirit is not at a level to keep us up this time.

Totally agree and it all comes from the manager...do not be fooled...