St Mirren v Dundee Utd 5/11/20

faraway saint

It does have the feel of a must win match, but iif it’s too early for that then t’s certainly a must not lose match.

I haven’t watched the highlights of their win on Saturday but I genuinely don’t think we have anything to fear from them - we are the problem !

We need to be up and at them right from KO and hopefully Obika, Erwin or Dennis remember to bring their shooting boots, and remember where the goals are.

Got a feeling this could be a good game for Dennis.

2-0 win (Dennis & Obika)

If this game goes ahead, will it be free on SMTV for ST holders? I seem to remember that, at the beginning of the season, the club said SMTV would be free to ST holders for three months. I count August, September and October as those months. Since we're now into November do we have to pay for matches on SMTV?

26 minutes ago, pondsman said:

If this game goes ahead, will it be free on SMTV for ST holders? I seem to remember that, at the beginning of the season, the club said SMTV would be free to ST holders for three months. I count August, September and October as those months. Since we're now into November do we have to pay for matches on SMTV?

Surely it's not free as all season ticket holders have paid for the privilege/ misery.

•  
    •  
    BUDn0-Pf_bigger.jpg

Believe the players will return to training early this week so if not today then definitely tomorrow. All being well we will face Dundee Utd in Paisley on Friday night. Can we just have an uneventful, non covid positive, non self isolating week? Pretty please?
    ·

Edited by pod

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Do they? 😲

I'd say so. 2 or 3 of their new signings are reported to be immune from wage cuts, whereas the rest of the squad are not. That's got to cause a bit of friction within their squad (he says hopefully).

2 hours ago, pondsman said:

Thanks for the replies. Now looking forward to the game which I think we can win. United only beat us by the odd goal at Tannadice and currently have some off-field issues, so.......

COYS!!

Unfortunately, we are playing them on the pitch , where we are shite.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

I'd say so. 2 or 3 of their new signings are reported to be immune from wage cuts, whereas the rest of the squad are not. That's got to cause a bit of friction within their squad (he says hopefully).

I'd suggest "it" didn't seem to have much effect at the weekend.

Aye, I tend to leave the clutching at straws when it comes to my recent bets. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

The failure to sign a goal scorer will see us lose yet another match. So long since we last played, will it be 7 or8 straight league defeats ?

We did sign strikers we have not provided the service too them too much thus far. Could you make a cup of tea without teabags or tealeaves? So by your estimation we shouldn't bother playing Friday? Its been 3 weeks not really a long time 

4 hours ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

We did sign strikers we have not provided the service too them too much thus far. Could you make a cup of tea without teabags or tealeaves? So by your estimation we shouldn't bother playing Friday? Its been 3 weeks not really a long time 

I said “goalscorers”. We haven’t signed any and don’t possess one . Anyway without fans the games are boring. I’m not being unduly negative, we are the worst team in the league so far. 

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

I said “goalscorers”. We haven’t signed any and don’t possess one . Anyway without fans the games are boring. I’m not being unduly negative, we are the worst team in the league so far. 

We signed a goal scorer in Kristian Dennis

Stickport 1 in 3.5

Macclesfield 1 in 2.6

Chesterfield 1 in 2.5

Notts County 1 in 3.3 

other players will score with service that makes them goal scorers if your talking prolific then that is a striker we are not the worst team in the league right now we are 2nd worst but this enforced break will hopefully allow Dennis and Flynn to get fit and the 2 new boys joined today 

2013–2016 Stockport County 60 (22)
2015–2016  Macclesfield Town (loan) 38 (22)
2016–2018 Chesterfield 78 (27)
2018–2020 Notts County 54 (16

11 minutes ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

We signed a goal scorer in Kristian Dennis

Stickport 1 in 3.5

Macclesfield 1 in 2.6

Chesterfield 1 in 2.5

Notts County 1 in 3.3 

other players will score with service that makes them goal scorers if your talking prolific then that is a striker we are not the worst team in the league right now we are 2nd worst but this enforced break will hopefully allow Dennis and Flynn to get fit and the 2 new boys joined today 

2013–2016 Stockport County 60 (22)
2015–2016  Macclesfield Town (loan) 38 (22)
2016–2018 Chesterfield 78 (27)
2018–2020 Notts County 54 (16

Have I missed something?