St Mirren v Dundee Utd 5/11/20

faraway saint

Back to league business after what seems an eternity since going bottom after the Aberdeen game. Strangely enough we've moved up since then with Accies losing two games.....:lol:

Anyway to tomorrow's game - after the travails of the LC & Covid we have a somewhat augmented squad to face United who are in decent form, on the field anyway.

Fingers crossed....🤞

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Back to league business after what seems an eternity since going bottom after the Aberdeen game. Strangely enough we've moved up since then with Accies losing two games.....:lol:

Anyway to tomorrow's game - after the travails of the LC & Covid we have a somewhat augmented squad to face United who are in decent form, on the field anyway.

Fingers crossed....🤞

Aye, been a long 5 weeks, give us a win as it's another few weeks till the next league game. 

On 11/3/2020 at 8:45 PM, paisleysaint1973 said:

We signed a goal scorer in Kristian Dennis

Stickport 1 in 3.5

Macclesfield 1 in 2.6

Chesterfield 1 in 2.5

Notts County 1 in 3.3 

other players will score with service that makes them goal scorers if your talking prolific then that is a striker we are not the worst team in the league right now we are 2nd worst but this enforced break will hopefully allow Dennis and Flynn to get fit and the 2 new boys joined today 

2013–2016 Stockport County 60 (22)
2015–2016  Macclesfield Town (loan) 38 (22)
2016–2018 Chesterfield 78 (27)
2018–2020 Notts County 54 (16

I bow to your impressive knowledge of English lower league football and your comforting thought that we are only the second worst team. Perhaps if we had signed players with a more impressive English goals tally in the past, say, Jimmy Greaves or Bobby Charlton, who are both long retired but have scored as many goals for Saints as the duds we have signed, then I could just about agree with you. 😬

Fitness levels and prep are my only concern about this game, though with the availability of many players now including a natural left-back, we might be able to compete.

The 5 subs rule will help if fatigue kicks in.

United have played 3 games more and only scored 4 more goals than us, (2 against us).

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Fitness levels and prep are my only concern about this game, though with the availability of many players now including a natural left-back, we might be able to compete.

United have played 3 games more and only scored 4 more goals than us, (2 against us).

Your only concern? 🤣🤣🤣pass that on to the coaching staff then...im sure they are worried you are concerned? What do you know about the players fitness athers dont🤣🤣

7 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

No excuses, we should be looking to pick up full points from this match. These are the games we need to be targeting for full points if we are to make any impression this season. 

Even though we haven't played a competitive match for a few weeks I'm still expecting a performance and a result.

19 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Anyone else watching the match on ALBA @ 10pm?

If so what will you be doing to avoid finding out the score?

I will be having a bath!

I will accept the script to the classic Likely Lads episode.

PM me your phone number, I'll call you about 9:58.

I won't tell you the score, honest. 

Big game for both clubs - a United win puts them 12 points ahead of us and Hamilton.

Their centre back pairing aren't too clever but middle to front they will cause us problems ............ hopefully we are well up for the game and a victory here would be a massive boost for Saints. Be interested to see what team Jim puts out.