St Mirren v Dundee Utd 5/11/20

faraway saint

Against my better judgement I watched the first half on Alba. That was enough for me and I’d heard the second half was played in fog anyway. We can’t score any goals so we will be relegated, unless someone saves us (probably only Hamilton ) Could you imagine paying to watch such utter drivel .? Noticed another couple of new faces, likely from English lower/non league, both hopeless. Very sad days indeed.

2 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Absolute nonsense.

First 20 minutes he literally did not touch ball. After that made a few decent sideway passes. Don't know why folk are saying he had anything than a very very average game.

2 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Against my better judgement I watched the first half on Alba. That was enough for me and I’d heard the second half was played in fog anyway. We can’t score any goals so we will be relegated, unless someone saves us (probably only Hamilton ) Could you imagine paying to watch such utter drivel .? Noticed another couple of new faces, likely from English lower/non league, both hopeless. Very sad days indeed.

Left back looked ok..other boy did absolutely nothing.

I thought last night was a vast improvement on what we have witnessed this season so far.

We dominated United for much of the game and overall were a tad unfortunate not to take all 3 points.

Still need more of a cutting edge but we are getting there.

Dennis, Mason and Doyle-Hayes all looked decent recruits but all tired as the game went on.

Hopefully get Flynn back soon. No idea what has happened to Foley but we need him firing again.

There are a few player we need to try and move on in January if we can then try and strengthen further

Think we will be fine as the season progresses and won't be in the bottom 2.

Thought considering we hadn't played for a month it was a really good performance - still just lacking in that final third. Think we should give Dennis a run at it up front to see what he can do and hopefully if Flynn comes back in he can provide that missing link middle to front. 

Liked the look of Mason at left wing back and Foley looked to be back on form when he came on. Other than the two cheeks there isn't much between all the other teams in this league. Take the point and move on ............. if we can get our shooting boots on we will be fine 🙂

Good performance bar the shooting which was awful. Dominated the game snuffing out an international strike force and by far creating the most chances (16 v 4). We even had a full bench which was also without Ilkay and Flynn. Onwards and upwards.

3 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

We wont be relegated this season nothing but doom and gloom from you if your that confident we will be i will wager you £50 to a charity of choosing we dont. The 2 new boys had good games and look decent prospects why bother with you comments if only ever negative. 

14 minutes ago, Dare said:

Thought considering we hadn't played for a month it was a really good performance - still just lacking in that final third. Think we should give Dennis a run at it up front to see what he can do and hopefully if Flynn comes back in he can provide that missing link middle to front. 

Liked the look of Mason at left wing back and Foley looked to be back on form when he came on. Other than the two cheeks there isn't much between all the other teams in this league. Take the point and move on ............. if we can get our shooting boots on we will be fine 🙂

:lol:

1 hour ago, eckthesaint said:

Thought he was our best midfielder. Erahon had a steady game as well. Any creativity was coming from Doyle-Hayes though. 

I thought Erahon was very negative in going backwards last night. Hard to tell in 2nd half as couldnt see feck all.

1 hour ago, Dare said:

We are way below most other teams in league in getting results and scoring goals. So prob quite a lot between us.

2 hours ago, Dare said:

there is no permutation of our current forwards that can form a striking force

this needs to be fixed, somehow, at the next window

18 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

This was in the Paisley express today, “ a couple of solid saves by Siegrist “ maybe I didn’t see them because of the fog, but I don’t recall a couple of saves? 

5C77B58D-E948-4AC8-B4C7-1EBF4B4B0C49.jpeg

There was one occasion where he cut in and had an attempt towards goal and it was hard to work out whether it was a defender or Seigrist that blocked the effort or not.