Welcome Jake Doyle-Hayes

Sonny

16 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I agree but Goody was on the radio this morning talking about the lack of interest in our young midfield

Seems we want to cash in now

Ex-Ireland international hoping to maintain 11-match unbeaten run (the42.ie)

Goodwin revealed he has been “inundated” with interest in some of his players but he hopes to keep them past the January window, if there is any concrete interest.

He said: “Right now there are a lot of clubs out there who are looking at our younger players.

“I am inundated over the last couple of months from people I know down south inquiring about one or two of our players and how their development is going.

“Right now there hasn’t been any bids in but if the likes of Ethan Erhahon, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Jamie McGrath and Conor McCarthy and those younger ones in particular continue to put on the performances they are putting on then of course they will attract interest.

“Like any manager you don’t want to lose your best players but if teams do come calling and show an interest it means we are doing something right.

“We don’t need to sell anybody. The deal would need to be right for everyone.

“My message to the board would be I don’t mind agreeing deals in January but can we hold on to the player for the rest of the season.”

“My message to the board would be I don’t mind agreeing deals in January but can we hold on to the player for the rest of the season.”

JDH is a very composed young player who has completely changed our direction and style of play. Is it a surprise that we are not seeing the hoof up the park tactics when he is able to pick up the ball pass, move, pass and get us moving on the front foot. Really hope we are able to tie him up on longer deal as he is the key to our progression as a team. 🤞

10 minutes ago, truesaint said:

JDH is a very composed young player who has completely changed our direction and style of play. Is it a surprise that we are not seeing the hoof up the park tactics when he is able to pick up the ball pass, move, pass and get us moving on the front foot. Really hope we are able to tie him up on longer deal as he is the key to our progression as a team. 🤞

Indeed.

It wasn't too long ago this was the tactic of choice, which resulted in hee haw.

4 hours ago, truesaint said:

And he also brings the best out of McGrath and Erhahon.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, God of war said:

Ill be amazed if JDH signs 3 year deal, waiting for the knock back on this one.

I'm confident he will sign although I think it will be more 2 years with a 1 year option. I'm sure there are more players of same age been dropped by clubs and desperate to get back into the game. Whether he would stay the length of a contract, debatable. Certainly give him a platform to go onto having a good career, staying with us imo.

Usually it would be released by club player has signed 3 year deal, nothing else. The fact it has made news make me think his agent has released it to press to push for deal elsewhere. If he signs be great news but really can't see it now.

52 minutes ago, God of war said:

Usually it would be released by club player has signed 3 year deal, nothing else. The fact it has made news make me think his agent has released it to press to push for deal elsewhere. If he signs be great news but really can't see it now.

There's not a lot of options for him just now though. He's not going to get an English Championship gig yet and English league 1 and league 2 can't actually offer more than us now due to their wage cap. The SPFL is a far better platform than English 3rd or 4th tier now that the equaliser of them offering more money is not an option. 

A 3 year deal in the middle of a pandemic would be sensible for him. Puts him in shop window and secures us long term. 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

There's not a lot of options for him just now though. He's not going to get an English Championship gig yet and English league 1 and league 2 can't actually offer more than us now due to their wage cap. The SPFL is a far better platform than English 3rd or 4th tier now that the equaliser of them offering more money is not an option. 

A 3 year deal in the middle of a pandemic would be sensible for him. Puts him in shop window and secures us long term. 

So why was it made public? And why say the club are waiting on his decision? Surely get contract look it over and sign. Not go away for a think....really can't see this coming off.. really really hope im wrong...

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Hope I’m wrong but can’t see Doyle Hayes staying. 

Although he's probably got a lot to consider, the offer has been on the table for a few weeks now.

Like you I feel that the odds just now are in favour of him committing himself to another team.

I hope I'm wrong too.