Welcome Jake Doyle-Hayes

Sonny

On 1/5/2021 at 9:15 PM, djchapsticks said:

There's not a lot of options for him just now though. He's not going to get an English Championship gig yet and English league 1 and league 2 can't actually offer more than us now due to their wage cap. The SPFL is a far better platform than English 3rd or 4th tier now that the equaliser of them offering more money is not an option. 

A 3 year deal in the middle of a pandemic would be sensible for him. Puts him in shop window and secures us long term. 

How could you possibly know what options he has available?

6 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Hope I’m wrong but can’t see Doyle Hayes staying. 

Well if you are saying this you must know something as I have always thought you to be very reliable when it comes to any news about what's going on at the club. All the more reason now to keep Sam Foley. 

16 minutes ago, elvis said:

Well if you are saying this you must know something as I have always thought you to be very reliable when it comes to any news about what's going on at the club. All the more reason now to keep Sam Foley. 

Jake is contracted till end of season. With money being tight, he wouldn't move till then. Just my opinion.  Sam ? 

Would think now JDH has a contract elsewhere. Do we wait till we are safe and drop him so we can build for next season? What do folk think, personally if he's not committed to club id go for Flynn or McPherson before him even now....

24 minutes ago, God of war said:

Would think now JDH has a contract elsewhere. Do we wait till we are safe and drop him so we can build for next season? What do folk think, personally if he's not committed to club id go for Flynn or McPherson before him even now....

Play our strongest team to get results until our position is mathematically not in doubt. Nature of a club like St Mirren, our best players will leave when their contract is up. Writing was on the wall with players like McGinn, Mallan and obviously Morgan but we rightfully kept playing them. 

Edited by bazil85

28 minutes ago, God of war said:

If true, why the secrecy . If his performances merit dropping him, we should do so.  Flynn not 100% fit.   McPherson and Erhahon have look a bit jaded in last couple of games in my opinion. This is where we miss not having reserve games. 

I think the most disappointing thing if we lost him now, is that I really hope in Brophy and Quaner we may have found the missing piece of our jigsaw.

If we lose JDH then we just take another step back as he’s been a major part of our turnaround in fortunes. At the very least I hope he sees out his contract to the end of the season. 

If true, why the secrecy . If his performances merit dropping him, we should do so.  Flynn not 100% fit.   McPherson and Erhahon have look a bit jaded in last couple of games in my opinion. This is where we miss not having reserve games. 
The "contract elsewhere" GOW refers to is probably with Vodafone.

46 minutes ago, elvis said:

I'm sure it was Ric over on PB said Goodwin says talks are going well with JDH. I think in todays PDE. 

Contract has been on table for weeks for him to sign..

13 minutes ago, God of war said:

Contract has been on table for weeks for him to sign..

And?

The lad will quite rightly be assessing all his options. Why would he sign on the dotted line with us before thoroughly investigating all other opportunities? That would be daft.

If he ends up signing for us because there was nothing else out there that suited him better, that’ll be just fine by me. That’s the way the pecking order works for teams like us unfortunately. 

Equally if he gets a better offer who would begrudge him taking it. 
The only thing I wouldn’t want would be him making a last minute decision to leave at the end of the window, leaving us no time to get a replacement. 
So I guess we probably ought to press him for a decision within the next week or so. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2