Welcome Jake Doyle-Hayes

Sonny

58 minutes ago, elvis said:

I'm sure it was Ric over on PB said Goodwin says talks are going well with JDH. I think in todays PDE. 

It was me.

"Negotiations are going well" was the phrase used by JG.

JDH's agent will be trying to get the best deal for him and letting us know what is on offer.

Only a complete fool would think that our original offer would remain the same in the light of other team's offers.

1 hour ago, pod said:

If true, why the secrecy . If his performances merit dropping him, we should do so.  Flynn not 100% fit.   McPherson and Erhahon have look a bit jaded in last couple of games in my opinion. This is where we miss not having reserve games. 

I agree we shouldn't contemplate dropping a player who is so important to the way we play but I think you're being a bit harsh on MacPherson who has only had a couple of sub appearances recently.

17 minutes ago, Yflab said:

We have him until the end of the season I believe so let’s play him as he strolls through most games. He like Ethan suffered a dip in form the last two games, but JDH has been so influential in our recent progress. 

I agree but we only have him till the end of the season if no one else wants him now. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that if a team want him now they could throw a few bob at us and he goes in this window.

Perhaps unlikely but not impossible. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I agree but we only have him till the end of the season if no one else wants him now. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that if a team want him now they could throw a few bob at us and he goes in this window.

Perhaps unlikely but not impossible. 

It's a strange situation for us. The wage cap in Leagues 1 and 2 in England appears to have done us a big favour. Cheltenham Town were desperate to sign him but "couldn't afford " him , he had extended trials at 2 Championship clubs but didn't get a deal. I'm hoping that if he doesn't get offered a PCA by a Championship club , then he may sign the deal with us that's on the table. Quaner's in the same boat as he's effectively in the shop window while playing for us , but if he can't get a deal in the Championship we might be able to get him for longer !

36 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Problem is the agent I'd say, we all know they are only out for themselves at end of day. Can genuinely imagine that JDH happy to be back in the game but getting his head filled with crap by agent.

Except it's only crap if the agent doesn't get him more money. Either with us or at another club. An agent relies on getting more cash in his charges pockets as that's what drives his income.

3 hours ago, billyg said:

It's a strange situation for us. The wage cap in Leagues 1 and 2 in England appears to have done us a big favour. Cheltenham Town were desperate to sign him but "couldn't afford " him , he had extended trials at 2 Championship clubs but didn't get a deal. I'm hoping that if he doesn't get offered a PCA by a Championship club , then he may sign the deal with us that's on the table. Quaner's in the same boat as he's effectively in the shop window while playing for us , but if he can't get a deal in the Championship we might be able to get him for longer !

I said it months ago. The wage cap is the great equaliser.

The top flight of Scottish football has always been a bigger stage than English 3rd and 4th tier FFS. But money talks...you take away that ability to pay unsustainable wages and you're going to find that most players, if given the straight choice of same money but playing for a Lincoln, Macclesfield, Cheltenham in the 3rd/4th tier or Kilmarnock, Motherwell or St. Mirren in the top flight, there's only going to be one realistic winner.

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I agree we shouldn't contemplate dropping a player who is so important to the way we play but I think you're being a bit harsh on MacPherson who has only had a couple of sub appearances recently.

Like to see the boy doing well and progress, but he's on the bench for a reason and not taking full advantage when he comes on. 

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I'd love him to commit, and if he does great, it does us more credit for picking him up and allowing him to showcase himself than it does him whatever he chooses. It's a win win for the club should he stay or should he go imo and will hopefully help us attract others of a similar ilk.

When you consider we signed Brophy on a 3 year deal, this may be what has also been offered to JDH and it's possible that he doesn't want to tie himself to us for that length.

If that's the case we might have to bend a bit with a 1 year plus 1 year option.

All speculation of course, I'm not ITK!!!

It's up to him at the end of the day. For what it's worth I think him/agent assisted may have been thinking that JDH was the reason for our unbeaten run. Possibly after seeing us have two huge away victories with him only having a cameo in the latter, may somewhat temper expectations.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a 1 year with a 1 year option which is good news for us.

Listen, it’s time we get a bit real.
If I’m JDH’s agent I’m telling him to do nothing at the moment. You’ve got an offer from Saints, worst case scenario you sign it.
Otherwise, you get better money at another club and you go there.
That’s football. Worth wringing your hands over?

Listen, it’s time we get a bit real.
If I’m JDH’s agent I’m telling him to do nothing at the moment. You’ve got an offer from Saints, worst case scenario you sign it.
Otherwise, you get better money at another club and you go there.
That’s football. Worth wringing your hands over?

Worst case scenario?

He could pick up a long term injury with no one signing him due to it.

Hopefully see you posting after every game, for eternity. [emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think the clubs wanted a cap.

If so, having an agreed wage to turnover ratio is a way around the cap being removed.

I would hazard a guess that it's been a select few lg1 & 2 clubs that have pushed for this and most being happy to go with the salary cap as it will ensure the clubs are still viable. I would imagine clubs like Sunderland and Ipswich in league 1 would have pushed for it.  Bolton in lg2 I would imagine even after their financial disaster a couple of years ago. 

Sheer stupidity imo and will cause more bury situations.

1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I would hazard a guess that it's been a select few lg1 & 2 clubs that have pushed for this and most being happy to go with the salary cap as it will ensure the clubs are still viable. I would imagine clubs like Sunderland and Ipswich in league 1 would have pushed for it.  Bolton in lg2 I would imagine even after their financial disaster a couple of years ago. 

Sheer stupidity imo and will cause more bury situations.

Sounds like it was the players association as it happens.

So JDH won't sign a contract on advice from his agent. Is now injured and cannot put himself in shop window which is obviously the plan. Let him recuperate from injury himself and train himself. See how that turns out for him.

If I was JG I’d be saying the following to JDH.

”Listen son, I need to plan for next season. If I don’t know whether you’re going to be around next season, then I can’t plan properly. We’ve made you a good offer. It’s on the table till the end of this week. I’d love you to sign it and be part of our plans. If you can’t, then I’m afraid I’ll need to withdraw the offer and look elsewhere. I’m sure you’ll be fine and you’ll get another club in the summer. In the meantime I’ll go and find someone who wants to commit to this great club of ours and be part of the exciting things that are happening”.

He’s a good player but not irreplaceable. 
Cammy came on Saturday and had one of his better performances, actually arguably played better that JDH... if he can do this consistently then I’m not worried about losing JDH. 

Jamie McGrath is a bigger loss in the current climate than JDH. 

let’s hope Flynn is ok for tomorrow.