Welcome Jake Doyle-Hayes

Sonny

If I was JG I’d be saying the following to JDH.
”Listen son, I need to plan for next season. If I don’t know whether you’re going to be around next season, then I can’t plan properly. We’ve made you a good offer. It’s on the table till the end of this week. I’d love you to sign it and be part of our plans. If you can’t, then I’m afraid I’ll need to withdraw the offer and look elsewhere. I’m sure you’ll be fine and you’ll get another club in the summer. In the meantime I’ll go and find someone who wants to commit to this great club of ours and be part of the exciting things that are happening”.
JG will be looking elsewhere, if he wasn't he wouldn't be doing his job properly. [emoji106]

1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

He’s a good player but not irreplaceable. 
Cammy came on Saturday and had one of his better performances, actually arguably played better that JDH... if he can do this consistently then I’m not worried about losing JDH. 

Jamie McGrath is a bigger loss in the current climate than JDH. 

let’s hope Flynn is ok for tomorrow. 

Has there been any update on Flynn at all. I feared the worst when he went down on Saturday, as he looked really upset like one of those players who’s just come back from a long term injury and then got f**ked again.

Was really (pleasantly) surprised when he came back on as I thought his day was over. 

JDH is a good player and could be a great one but if he doesn't want to sign then we have players who can replace him Ethan has been steadily improving as has Cammy lets face it we seem t have plenty of central midfielders. 

I am more interested about getting others signed up on new contracts in the positions we don't have a surplus of players in Connolly, Flynn, Durmus, Fraser for example.

Would still like JDH to stay if possible

8 minutes ago, billyg said:

For me , JDH must be first in line for a new contract , he is by far the best midfielder at the club , a proper sitting midfielder who follows the ball , always making himself available. 

The contract has been on the table for a while now for JDH and not been signed, don't think he is the best by far although would agree he is the best currently in his role but Cammy and Ethan are improving every game. Mcgrath is the best midfielder at the club at the moment in my opinion, different role though. 

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

If I was JG I’d be saying the following to JDH.

”Listen son, I need to plan for next season. If I don’t know whether you’re going to be around next season, then I can’t plan properly. We’ve made you a good offer. It’s on the table till the end of this week. I’d love you to sign it and be part of our plans. If you can’t, then I’m afraid I’ll need to withdraw the offer and look elsewhere. I’m sure you’ll be fine and you’ll get another club in the summer. In the meantime I’ll go and find someone who wants to commit to this great club of ours and be part of the exciting things that are happening”.

Actually, a better idea would be for Jim to look for potential replacements now and I'm sure he's doing that.

If a better option comes along, JDH might find himself injured and with his contract offer withdrawn.

You can't be confronting players with any sort of ultimatum unless you have something to back it up.

ETA. Others have beaten me to this point. 

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

It's only February. We usually only start to look at contracts not only after the split but when we know what league we will be playing in. Plenty of time left before we start issuing ultimatums to players.

That's normally been because we couldn't be sure what division we'd be in the following season, I'd say now is the time to be asking JDH to make his mind up.

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

That's normally been because we couldn't be sure what division we'd be in the following season, I'd say now is the time to be asking JDH to make his mind up.

Well JDH may be more liable to stay if we are top 6 pushing for Europe rather than bottom six playing for zilch even if we are safe. Neither of which we know yet.  I do not think there is any urgency as yet and I am sure Jim is looking at alternatives for when the time for a definite answer comes.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Well JDH may be more liable to stay if we are top 6 pushing for Europe rather than bottom six playing for zilch even if we are safe. Neither of which we know yet.  I do not think there is any urgency as yet and I am sure Jim is looking at alternatives for when the time for a definite answer comes.

I'm glad you know what "Jim" is thinking. :whistle

Edited by Bud the Baker

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Actually, a better idea would be for Jim to look for potential replacements now and I'm sure he's doing that.

If a better option comes along, JDH might find himself injured and with his contract offer withdrawn.

You can't be confronting players with any sort of ultimatum unless you have something to back it up.

ETA. Others have beaten me to this point. 

Yes he can be looking. Of course he can. But he couldn’t for example sign a replacement on a PCA without knowing whether JDH was going to be around or not.

We have to start with the thought that JG’s preference would be for him to stay, otherwise he wouldn’t have made the offer in the first place. So I’m thinking he’d prefer not to sign a replacement until he has a clear steer from JDH. I’m just saying that in my opinion that steer needs to come sooner rather than later. 
I don’t see the course of action I suggested as an ultimatum. Just a statement of fact. 

14 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm glad you know what "Jim" is thinking. :whistle

Anyone that bothers to listen to his interviews can find out what Jim is thinking. He said this week on SMTV he is looking at players for next season. But strangely few on here bother with his frequent interviews.

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Anyone that bothers to listen to his interviews can find out what Jim is thinking. He said this week on SMTV he is looking at players for next season. But strangely few on here bother with his frequent interviews.

I’m with you in principle and I agree with you in my interpretation of JG’s intentions, but if I may be pedantic, history suggests that interviews tell us what a manager is saying, not necessarily what they are thinking. 

Yes he can be looking. Of course he can. But he couldn’t for example sign a replacement on a PCA without knowing whether JDH was going to be around or not.
We have to start with the thought that JG’s preference would be for him to stay, otherwise he wouldn’t have made the offer in the first place. So I’m thinking he’d prefer not to sign a replacement until he has a clear steer from JDH. I’m just saying that in my opinion that steer needs to come sooner rather than later. 
I don’t see the course of action I suggested as an ultimatum. Just a statement of fact. 

I'll try again.

JG will be looking at anyone he thinks is of the quality or better than JDH.

He can offer them a contract and if they sign or JDH signs then withdraw the contract from the other. Or even sign both. [emoji6]

Now relax and save all your hysterics for the game tomorrow. [emoji14]

42 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Well then, to go back to my original point :rolleyes:, if  "Jim" is already looking at players for nest season then he needs to give JDH a deadline.

Agreed, but I still think it would be my angle for trying to get him to commit, one way or another. 
Never seen this reply before I posted my reply above.

JDH and every player knows that any offer can get withdrawn with their club signing another player instead of themselves.

If the pubs were open I'd tell you to go get a pint. [emoji853]

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Never seen this reply before I posted my reply above.

JDH and every player knows that any offer can get withdrawn with their club signing another player instead of themselves.

If the pubs were open I'd tell you to go get a pint. emoji853.png

Pubs reopen in Jersey next Monday.

Expect two things:-

My content on here to be somewhat reduced.

Whatever content I do submit to be even more bollocks than usual. 

Pubs reopen in Jersey next Monday.
Expect two things:-
My content on here to be somewhat reduced.
Whatever content I do submit to be even more bollocks than usual. 
Hawd the bus, what's this about having to Isolate for 10 days when I looked up about trying to book a flight to Jersey. I thought we were all the same big country [emoji1787]

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Hawd the bus, what's this about having to Isolate for 10 days when I looked up about trying to book a flight to Jersey. I thought we were all the same big country emoji1787.png

Ha ha. Aye I’m afraid so. We have to protect our wee island from you poxed up interlopers you know.

We’ll let you back in when you’ve been inoculated. 😃

I myself will not be able to take advantage of said boozers until the 25th as I’m currently on day 2 of said 10 days isolation. 😁

38 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Hawd the bus, what's this about having to Isolate for 10 days when I looked up about trying to book a flight to Jersey. I thought we were all the same big country emoji1787.png

Isle of Man and Guernsey have already gone quietly Covid-free.

And getting back to normal, though unlike UK, in general, their leaders have decided to enforce quarantining and track, trace and treat (allied with vaccinations) to stay covid free - as much as possible.

It is the only way.

It's what HAS to be done if I am to get back into pubs, the pictures and restaurants.  Why does The Buffoon not grasp the importance of that?  :unsure:

I'm not asking for much.  Just normality due to good governance.

52 minutes ago, antrin said:

Isle of Man and Guernsey have already gone quietly Covid-free.

And getting back to normal, though unlike UK, in general, their leaders have decided to enforce quarantining and track, trace and treat (allied with vaccinations) to stay covid free - as much as possible.

It is the only way.

It's what HAS to be done if I am to get back into pubs, the pictures and restaurants.  Why does The Buffoon not grasp the importance of that?  :unsure:

I'm not asking for much.  Just normality due to good governance.

If the buffoons in London hadn't fecked it up so much you might have had your wish.

Time for some good old honest responsibility.