Welcome Jake Doyle-Hayes

Sonny

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Isle of Man and Guernsey have already gone quietly Covid-free.

And getting back to normal, though unlike UK, in general, their leaders have decided to enforce quarantining and track, trace and treat (allied with vaccinations) to stay covid free - as much as possible.

It is the only way.

It's what HAS to be done if I am to get back into pubs, the pictures and restaurants.  Why does The Buffoon not grasp the importance of that?  :unsure:

I'm not asking for much.  Just normality due to good governance.

Guernsey and IOM went Covid free because they completely closed their borders for months (almost for as long as Covid has been around). Can’t speak for IOM but this cost Guernsey an absolute fortune. 
When they did eventually open their border, their cases went thru the roof, rendering all the financial loss pointless in my opinion. Jersey has remained open to greater or lesser degree and has handled its cases very comfortably. The nightingale hospital hasn’t even come close to being needed. Also the relatively high number of cases has always been inflated due to the fact that Jersey has tested arguably more people per capita than anywhere else, whilst Guernsey were hardly testing anyone. 

In the case of IOM I know they have kept a lid on covid due to their strict regulations for travel. One of my lads flatmates at huddersfield uni is from there. When they were given dates to leave for christmas he had to have 2 negative covid tests prior to travelling back to IOM, then once back had to isolate for 10 days. Then managed to torment my lad with vids of out pubbing it etc. Then when on return to huddersfield after new year had to provide negative tests before leaving island.

Closing borders until you get sorted with vaccinations, etc seems to be the only way out.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Put McPherson in team now if he can get something better fine but he is not using my club as a last resort thanks Jake for your contribution and goodbye Cammy is every bit as good a player

JDH looked good first few games but looks very average now. Let him go just now...

43 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

I'd drop him now. I was surprised he played last week

I agree, has had plenty of chances to sign. Surely got a tongue in his head and can say to agent he wants to sign or not. Maybe his agent can find him a nice ELF lg2 club that will pander to him. Great career advice that would be JDH.

Get real here people. Every player is looking for the best deal and some. like Doyle Hayes, are likely to command a bit more attention than others. Professional players are like most contract workers. They'll go where they get the best deal. The club put down a firm offer and wait to see if someone betters it. No harm. No foul.

36 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Get real here people. Every player is looking for the best deal and some. like Doyle Hayes, are likely to command a bit more attention than others. Professional players are like most contract workers. They'll go where they get the best deal. The club put down a firm offer and wait to see if someone betters it. No harm. No foul.

I agree on the no harm no foul, but I would drop him now for the rest of the season. We need to move on without him. Only 5 games (plus cup) to go so no big requirement to play him. He’s not that good that we’d be cutting our nose off to spite our face. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I agree on the no harm no foul, but I would drop him now for the rest of the season. We need to move on without him. Only 5 games (plus cup) to go so no big requirement to play him. He’s not that good that we’d be cutting our nose off to spite our face. 

We'd still be paying his wages so, if Goodie thinks his head is in the right frame, we'd be daft not to play him. In fact I'd go further. If he really wants that "bigger move", he'll bust a gut for the team.

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

We'd still be paying his wages so, if Goodie thinks his head is in the right frame, we'd be daft not to play him. In fact I'd go further. If he really wants that "bigger move", he'll bust a gut for the team.

Agree Goodie will be the best placed to decide but I wouldn’t play him just because we’re paying his wages. We’ll be paying the wages of lots of players who won’t feature for the rest of the season.

Jim will and should play the best performers every match, regardless of their contract status. Given the amount of money on offer for each place in the league and a Cup semi-final place wide open for us, it would be utter stupidity not to do that.

One caveat is that he gives our youth players as much match time as possible to see if they are ready to step up.

Edited by oaksoft

16 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree Goodie will be the best placed to decide but I wouldn’t play him just because we’re paying his wages. We’ll be paying the wages of lots of players who won’t feature for the rest of the season.

My second point covers this though. I think he'll be wanting to show his worth. Besides that. I'm not suggesting an automatic start. Just that he isn't left out because of pettiness.

18 hours ago, Sonny said:

JDH is an excellent player for us. He would be a huge miss if he leaves.

Based on some people's view on whether JDH should be allowed to play again this season, I am beginning to wonder if we should change our contracting policy.  We should tell prospective signings that they will only play or be paid for as long as they have 6 months left on their contract.  That should clarify things for them.

We got sold a bluff by Alex Dyer when he started mothing that he wouldn't play Brophy again after signing for us, in my view in full knowledge that he was month's away from fitness anyway.  Saints were daft enough to buy that and handed over a fee as well as taking on the wages of someone with only a few minutes playing time in them.

Edited by beyond our ken