Welcome Jake Doyle-Hayes

Sonny

23 hours ago, Sonny said:

If JDH was everage then Ethan was a total liability - nowhere near as good as JDH.

He's also only 19, at his rate of improvement he'll be the next Scotland international from the St Mirren youth academy. Improved leaps and bounds this season. 

On 4/11/2021 at 11:43 AM, Sonny said:

If JDH was everage then Ethan was a total liability - nowhere near as good as JDH.

Erhahon, whilst his performance was not great, still had a far better game on Saturday than JDH.

There's no point in sugar-coating it, JDH has been playing rotten since well before his injury at Aberdeen. Like most others, I thought at the start of his time with us he was excellent but he's retreated deeper and deeper and now is basically a guy who hangs about in front of the back 4 and makes 5 yard sideways passes all day.

What is he actually contributing to the team that makes him so important to our plans? He doesn't score goals, he doesn't provide assists, he doesn't create chances and isn't particularly strong in the tackle. We are told he has a dazzling array of passing but we've not seen that for the last 3 months or so since the early days of him being here.

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Erhahon, whilst his performance was not great, still had a far better game on Saturday than JDH.

There's no point in sugar-coating it, JDH has been playing rotten since well before his injury at Aberdeen. Like most others, I thought at the start of his time with us he was excellent but he's retreated deeper and deeper and now is basically a guy who hangs about in front of the back 4 and makes 5 yard sideways passes all day.

What is he actually contributing to the team that makes him so important to our plans? He doesn't score goals, he doesn't provide assists, he doesn't create chances and isn't particularly strong in the tackle. We are told he has a dazzling array of passing but we've not seen that for the last 3 months or so since the early days of him being here.

Spot on. 👍

On 4/9/2021 at 6:14 PM, FTOF said:

Are we going to drop Fraser too? His new contract has been on offer for a few weeks and there hasn't been any announcement.

Just saw this

the first part of my subsequent post was sarcastic, but i realise that may not have been clear.  If they are contracted, fit and on their game then play them till the last day.

The club can't afford to offer short-term contracts and then not play those who knock back an extension half-way through.  Both parties knew what they were getting into and both should do their best to get full value.

On 4/9/2021 at 6:14 PM, FTOF said:

Are we going to drop Fraser too? His new contract has been on offer for a few weeks and there hasn't been any announcement.

No. Why would we drop Fraser? IMO he’s been great for us pretty much all season. My point about dropping JDH is not just because he hasn’t signed a contract. It’s a combination of that and being of the opinion that he’s not much kop, or certainly no better than any other midfielder.
You probably knew that, but I wouldn’t want to spoil your opportunity to make a silly, pointless jibe. 

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No. Why would we drop Fraser? IMO he’s been great for us pretty much all season. My point about dropping JDH is not just because he hasn’t signed a contract. It’s a combination of that and being of the opinion that he’s not much kop, or certainly no better than any other midfielder.
You probably knew that, but I wouldn’t want to spoil your opportunity to make a silly, pointless jibe. 

I disagree.

I think that Doyle-Hayes has been playing the role that he's been asked to fairly competently and deserves a place in the team, as he's by far our best option in that position, even if he hasn't hit the form that he displayed before his injury.

So no, it wasn't a pointless jibe. Simply a statement, based on a different opinion than yours.

19 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I disagree.

I think that Doyle-Hayes has been playing the role that he's been asked to fairly competently and deserves a place in the team, as he's by far our best option in that position, even if he hasn't hit the form that he displayed before his injury.

So no, it wasn't a pointless jibe. Simply a statement, based on a different opinion than yours.

Ok. Simple question.

Do think JDH has been as good/consistent/influential as Fraser this season?

In my opinion it isn’t even remotely close. If you disagree that’s fine, but your post was still silly. 

13 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ok. Simple question.

Do think JDH has been as good/consistent/influential as Fraser this season?

In my opinion it isn’t even remotely close. If you disagree that’s fine, but your post was still silly. 

What's that got to do with anything?

My post was based purely on the assumption that it was because JDH hadn't signed his offer, like Fraser hasn't, that you were wanting him dropped. Nothing to with form. So no it wasn't remotely silly.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

What's that got to do with anything?

My post was based purely on the assumption that it was because JDH hadn't signed his offer, like Fraser hasn't, that you were wanting him dropped. Nothing to with form. So no it wasn't remotely silly.

And I said that my view on the dropping of JDH was never solely because he refused to sign a contract. It was to do with both that and the fact that he’s not much kop.

So why would you link that to Fraser being dropped when he has been excellent.

I have never suggested cutting off our nose to spite our face. By dropping JDH we’d be giving someone who is committed to the club an opportunity.

If I thought JDH was as important to the team as Fraser, I wouldn’t be suggesting dropping him. 

So to answer your question, the comparison between JDH and Fraser has EVERYTHING to do with the point in question. 

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

And I said that my view on the dropping of JDH was never solely because he refused to sign a contract. It was to do with both that and the fact that he’s not much kop.

So why would you link that to Fraser being dropped when he has been excellent.

I have never suggested cutting off our nose to spite our face. By dropping JDH we’d be giving someone who is committed to the club an opportunity.

If I thought JDH was as important to the team as Fraser, I wouldn’t be suggesting dropping him. 

So to answer your question, the comparison between JDH and Fraser has EVERYTHING to do with the point in question. 

So not based solely on form then? Because he hasn't signed, he's not committed to the club..................................

Much like Fraser. :) 

We'll agree to disagree.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Another abysmal/anonymous performance. Another "reasonable" player that's had his head turned by an agent in search of a bigger fee. Time to withdraw any contract offer and use it to keep Durmus and McGrath long term

From what I’ve heard goodwins already made plans without him. Been below par since jan imo, not the way you should be playing if you’re looking for a better offer

• 2 months later...