Sign in to follow this  
Sonny

Welcome Jake Doyle-Hayes

Yes he can be looking. Of course he can. But he couldn’t for example sign a replacement on a PCA without knowing whether JDH was going to be around or not.
We have to start with the thought that JG’s preference would be for him to stay, otherwise he wouldn’t have made the offer in the first place. So I’m thinking he’d prefer not to sign a replacement until he has a clear steer from JDH. I’m just saying that in my opinion that steer needs to come sooner rather than later. 
I don’t see the course of action I suggested as an ultimatum. Just a statement of fact. 

I'll try again.

JG will be looking at anyone he thinks is of the quality or better than JDH.

He can offer them a contract and if they sign or JDH signs then withdraw the contract from the other. Or even sign both.

Now relax and save all your hysterics for the game tomorrow.

42 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Anyone that bothers to listen to his interviews can find out what Jim is thinking. He said this week on SMTV he is looking at players for next season. But strangely few on here bother with his frequent interviews.

Well then, to go back to my original point :rolleyes:, if  "Jim" is already looking at players for nest season then he needs to give JDH a deadline.

Agreed, but I still think it would be my angle for trying to get him to commit, one way or another. 
Never seen this reply before I posted my reply above.

JDH and every player knows that any offer can get withdrawn with their club signing another player instead of themselves.

If the pubs were open I'd tell you to go get a pint.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Never seen this reply before I posted my reply above.

JDH and every player knows that any offer can get withdrawn with their club signing another player instead of themselves.

If the pubs were open I'd tell you to go get a pint. emoji853.png

Pubs reopen in Jersey next Monday.

Expect two things:-

My content on here to be somewhat reduced.

Whatever content I do submit to be even more bollocks than usual. 

Pubs reopen in Jersey next Monday.
Expect two things:-
My content on here to be somewhat reduced.
Whatever content I do submit to be even more bollocks than usual. 
Hawd the bus, what's this about having to Isolate for 10 days when I looked up about trying to book a flight to Jersey. I thought we were all the same big country

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Hawd the bus, what's this about having to Isolate for 10 days when I looked up about trying to book a flight to Jersey. I thought we were all the same big country emoji1787.png

Ha ha. Aye I’m afraid so. We have to protect our wee island from you poxed up interlopers you know.

We’ll let you back in when you’ve been inoculated. 😃

I myself will not be able to take advantage of said boozers until the 25th as I’m currently on day 2 of said 10 days isolation. 😁

38 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Hawd the bus, what's this about having to Isolate for 10 days when I looked up about trying to book a flight to Jersey. I thought we were all the same big country emoji1787.png

Isle of Man and Guernsey have already gone quietly Covid-free.

And getting back to normal, though unlike UK, in general, their leaders have decided to enforce quarantining and track, trace and treat (allied with vaccinations) to stay covid free - as much as possible.

It is the only way.

It's what HAS to be done if I am to get back into pubs, the pictures and restaurants.  Why does The Buffoon not grasp the importance of that?  :unsure:

I'm not asking for much.  Just normality due to good governance.

52 minutes ago, antrin said:

And getting back to normal, though unlike UK, in general, their leaders have decided to enforce quarantining and track, trace and treat (allied with vaccinations) to stay covid free - as much as possible.

It is the only way.

It's what HAS to be done if I am to get back into pubs, the pictures and restaurants.  Why does The Buffoon not grasp the importance of that?  :unsure:

If the buffoons in London hadn't fecked it up so much you might have had your wish.

Time for some good old honest responsibility. 

2 hours ago, antrin said:

It is the only way.

Guernsey and IOM went Covid free because they completely closed their borders for months (almost for as long as Covid has been around). Can’t speak for IOM but this cost Guernsey an absolute fortune. 
When they did eventually open their border, their cases went thru the roof, rendering all the financial loss pointless in my opinion. Jersey has remained open to greater or lesser degree and has handled its cases very comfortably. The nightingale hospital hasn’t even come close to being needed. Also the relatively high number of cases has always been inflated due to the fact that Jersey has tested arguably more people per capita than anywhere else, whilst Guernsey were hardly testing anyone. 

In the case of IOM I know they have kept a lid on covid due to their strict regulations for travel. One of my lads flatmates at huddersfield uni is from there. When they were given dates to leave for christmas he had to have 2 negative covid tests prior to travelling back to IOM, then once back had to isolate for 10 days. Then managed to torment my lad with vids of out pubbing it etc. Then when on return to huddersfield after new year had to provide negative tests before leaving island.

Closing borders until you get sorted with vaccinations, etc seems to be the only way out.

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Put McPherson in team now if he can get something better fine but he is not using my club as a last resort thanks Jake for your contribution and goodbye Cammy is every bit as good a player

JDH looked good first few games but looks very average now. Let him go just now...

43 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

I'd drop him now. I was surprised he played last week

I agree, has had plenty of chances to sign. Surely got a tongue in his head and can say to agent he wants to sign or not. Maybe his agent can find him a nice ELF lg2 club that will pander to him. Great career advice that would be JDH.

Get real here people. Every player is looking for the best deal and some. like Doyle Hayes, are likely to command a bit more attention than others. Professional players are like most contract workers. They'll go where they get the best deal. The club put down a firm offer and wait to see if someone betters it. No harm. No foul.

It was reported that we had made an offer on Dec 22 (just checked) and that we were hoping for a reply within a week or so...:rolleyes:

He's not staying, but then come the end of the season there's always one or two players in this category (at every club), I'd still play him and wish him all the best when he leaves.