Us v Morton.

Tommy

Thirty years ago this was a big fixture. Over the years has died off and majority not really that interested in "huge" derby game. The W7 school wean brigade try to keep it alive having no clue what it was really all about in the day, few old timers try to hold onto it as well. Its well passed it's sell by date and means as much as any other game. If Morton were in same league beating the old firm, Aberdeen, hearts, Hibs, Motherwell would mean far more. Folk on here and twitter etc saying they are "gutted" they cant go ffs[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]. Daft cup tie which would be lucky to attract 3000 if you could get in. Far more important things in world going on than to be gutted over missing two pish poor teams and wee guys and old men goading each other from 100 yards away..
1/10 trolling attempt.

28 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Just for accuracy, Saints derby match is and always has been, against Kilmarnock. That’s where we get decent crowds as well.

It was as the 2 teams were usually in the same division

The Morton game took alive in the 1990s due to us being totally pish in that decade

Growing up my age group weren't too bothered about them, they in the other hand took it seriously.

Even their old firm fans down that way come out for it a real hatred all things Paisley.

No longer in the same County now

I save my displeasure for the gruesome twosome and always have and always will

The real enemy

6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
2 hours ago, God of war said:
Thirty years ago this was a big fixture. Over the years has died off and majority not really that interested in "huge" derby game. The W7 school wean brigade try to keep it alive having no clue what it was really all about in the day, few old timers try to hold onto it as well. Its well passed it's sell by date and means as much as any other game. If Morton were in same league beating the old firm, Aberdeen, hearts, Hibs, Motherwell would mean far more. Folk on here and twitter etc saying they are "gutted" they cant go ffsemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png. Daft cup tie which would be lucky to attract 3000 if you could get in. Far more important things in world going on than to be gutted over missing two pish poor teams and wee guys and old men goading each other from 100 yards away..

1/10 trolling attempt.

You're being very generous today.

54 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

It was as the 2 teams were usually in the same division

The Morton game took alive in the 1990s due to us being totally pish in that decade

Growing up my age group weren't too bothered about them, they in the other hand took it seriously.

Even their old firm fans down that way come out for it a real hatred all things Paisley.

No longer in the same County now

I save my displeasure for the gruesome twosome and always have and always will

The real enemy

I never knew that.  Has Renfrewshire been reconfigured to oblivion?  Is Inverclyde an actual county?!

19 minutes ago, antrin said:

I never knew that.  Has Renfrewshire been reconfigured to oblivion?  Is Inverclyde an actual county?!

Renfrewshire is a council, but the boundaries have been changed from its historical ones.  Inverclyde is also a council.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivisions_of_Scotland

14 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I wasn't sure if you were at it or not, but I just thought I'd try and be helpful.  That's my good deed for the day, I can go be a c**t for the rest of it now. :lol

No. seriously...

I sensed windae cleaner was mibbe at the wind up...  :rolleyes:

I mean...  Saints only played the Ton at a horrendously low and wholly forgettable point in history - best forgotten - not something special worth indulging with enthusiasm.

It is only Morton.

Edited by antrin

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:
4 hours ago, God of war said:
Thirty years ago this was a big fixture. Over the years has died off and majority not really that interested in "huge" derby game. The W7 school wean brigade try to keep it alive having no clue what it was really all about in the day, few old timers try to hold onto it as well. Its well passed it's sell by date and means as much as any other game. If Morton were in same league beating the old firm, Aberdeen, hearts, Hibs, Motherwell would mean far more. Folk on here and twitter etc saying they are "gutted" they cant go ffsemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png. Daft cup tie which would be lucky to attract 3000 if you could get in. Far more important things in world going on than to be gutted over missing two pish poor teams and wee guys and old men goading each other from 100 yards away..

1/10 trolling attempt.

U must be one of the children who thinks its a huge game. I genuinely see thisxas a game against lower league opposition. Nothing more, the feeling around it left years ago.

If I had the wings of a sparrow.

If I had the arse of a crow.

I would fly over Greenock tomorrow.

And shite on the basturts below.

Shite on, shite on , shite on ..........

GET FECKING INTO THE MANKY JUNKIE CNUTS.

:clapping

18 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Not true we played them in the early years of the Premier League then sponsored by Fine Fare. And the standard of football was indeed a fine fare. Much better than today’s game. Andy Ritchie was at his finest back then for Morton. Such was his stature in the game he even won the sports writers award for best fitba player in 1979 as he topped the goal scoring charts that season.

Coming from the years when I was in Paisley and watched the fitba(my whole early life!) This was a new low.  

That Morton had a brief fling at a higher level with an individual fine solo performer disnae mean they were ever worth really bothering about. 

Unless you have a low level of expectations... ?  :unsure:

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
1/10 trolling attempt.

Get that utter wank stain on ignore. Clearly an ex player or relative of a boy that wasn't good enough to make it (or a Shull alias). GOW initials, hiya Alan ???

Calm down hen. :lol

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
1/10 trolling attempt.

Get that utter wank stain on ignore. Clearly an ex player or relative of a boy that wasn't good enough to make it (or a Shull alias). GOW initials, hiya Alan ???

Ffs another forum hardman who thinks the Morton game is massive. Away and jump about in W7 with ur school uniform on ya wee tadger...bet ur right up for TONIGHT🤣YA WEE FANNY

Got to disagree. If we were flying in the league then yes, but we need to try and get some goals and build some confidence. We really could do with a good cup run to boost finances especially with January transfer window not far away.
I disagree with me too!
Even Shull realised I was winding him up! [emoji12]

3 hours ago, Yflab said:

Got to disagree. If we were flying in the league then yes, but we need to try and get some goals and build some confidence. We really could do with a good cup run to boost finances especially with January transfer window not far away.

We may need to get players some game time as has already been pointed out but getting some goals and build some confidence is a bit of a stretch from a Betfred match against poor opposition. I think it would count for very little come next Premiership match.

Avoiding injuries to key players has to be priority over next 2 matches.

U must be one of the children who thinks its a huge game. I genuinely see thisxas a game against lower league opposition. Nothing more, the feeling around it left years ago.
Ffs another forum hardman who thinks the Morton game is massive. Away and jump about in W7 with ur school uniform on ya wee tadger...bet ur right up for TONIGHT[emoji1787]YA WEE FANNY
He's very excited...might no be allowed to stay up if it goes to penalties tonight...wee lassie's need their beds!
Someone seems to be fixated with children. [emoji44]

GOW, can you alert div again and get these posts removed.

18 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Someone seems to be fixated with children. emoji44.png

GOW, can you alert div again and get these posts removed.

Only person thinking along those lines is you ya weirdo...