Us v Morton.

Tommy

1 hour ago, Big Yards said:

I suppose it depends on what level you're willing to accept. Yes we were the better team in 1st half but instead of thinking this is great we've got 65% possession, what I could see was our weakness of not being able to create a goal being exposed even more glaringly because Morton were happy to let us have the ball and we just looked like a team of defensive minded big players who are desperate for a player with a bit of spark and creativity. The commentators even said it.

What I saw was worrying when you put it into context with the Premier League games we have coming up where the opposition will be far superior to Morton

Well if you’re asking me if I’m willing to accept a level of battering the opposition and winning the game, then....erm....yes, I’m willing to accept that level. 
I stated in a much earlier post that our dominance in the first half was completely different to our dominance against Dundee Utd. 
In the first half tonight I felt like it was only a matter of time until we scored, whereas on Friday night, I felt like we would never score. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t know if Turra’s view on what we need to do Saturday is based on the fact that in their typical, lazy, ignorant fashion, both the BBC and Sky have us on 6 points. 

Thanks mate.... that what i came on to say.... i know its hard to count 3+2+2....fannies

Great fireworks but poor finishing

The most disappointing thing is that - even if we win the group now - we will almost certainly be unseeded in the last 16 as one of the four rubbish group winners.

It would have been nice to have a shot at getting to the quarters but we'll likely end up with a trip to Parkhead or Ibrox now.

Assuming of course that we get at least two points on Saturday...

Great fireworks but poor finishing
The most disappointing thing is that - even if we win the group now - we will almost certainly be unseeded in the last 16 as one of the four rubbish group winners.
It would have been nice to have a shot at getting to the quarters but we'll likely end up with a trip to Parkhead or Ibrox now.
Assuming of course that we get at least two points on Saturday...

The extra gate money might help. [emoji848]

The first half was a walk in the park though Hopkin played a blinder second half. We were in such a comfortable mindset with them sitting back first half, we didn't know how to handle them sitting so high in the second half.  

There is no point of having so many attackers on at once if we can't even put away one shot on target.

• 2 weeks later...