Scotland v Czech Republic Euros 14/6/21

shull

Let’s get sensible here. We failed miserably from the qualification group, suffering heavy defeats along the way. We subsequently managed to qualify via the back door after draws against Israel and Serbia, scoring one goal in the process. We have improved, but from a very low point and may continue to improve, but goals are our Achilles heel. I am very pleased the national team has finally made it to a finals , having been at France 98, but a huge improvement is required to avoid our perennial failure at mixing with the big boys. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 2:19 PM, Scott-Leeds said:

Here’s the thing, I believe we can actually win any or all of these games.

No fear of this group

Of course whether we win any remains to be seen, but we can definitely win them all.

Here is another group in which Scotland “can actually win any or all of their games.”

World Cup qualifying.

Pot 3: Russia, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Czech Republic, Norway, Northern Ireland, Iceland, Scotland, Greece, Finland.

32 minutes ago, antrin said:

Here is another group in which Scotland “can actually win any or all of their games.”

World Cup qualifying.

Pot 3: Russia, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Czech Republic, Norway, Northern Ireland, Iceland, Scotland, Greece, Finland.

We can't be drawn against any of those teams.

Have I missed something?

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

On a brighter note, Kenny Dalglish, possibly the best Scottish player I have ever seen, is 70 today. 

Wonder what he'd be worth in todays market?

May be an image of text

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest there's probably not much of a market for a 70 year old ex-footballer.

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The numbers in Scotland are well within levels to give this decision on attendances the go ahead.

If wee Nicky doesn't,  she'll continue to lose support.

Ah! The magnificently plummaged epidemiolgy expert has arrived on the scene to lend us his wisdom. :lol:

• 1 month later...

So, only a couple of venues have changed for the Euro's.

Dublin, replaced by St Petersburg stadium, quite a long way from Dublin, and Wembley. 

BIlbao matches moved to Seville, not as much of a change in distance.

All remaining games are as were planned. 

Tournament kicks off on Friday 11th June with Turkey playing Italy in Rome, kick off 8:00pm.  :thumbs2