Scotland v Czech Republic Euros 14/6/21

shull

Be interesting to see if any of our group opponents pick up an injury or two in their squads ...

Last time I was at a game watching us play Holland we won 1-0 got gubbed 5-0 second leg I think

Haven’t seen much of them in recent years but as you say, a positive result would be welcomed

Going to predict 2-2

Plus side ?

You can still use me for your betting tips [emoji2]

Cash out ? Or to the whistle.

Switched it over to the England game, the main commentator mentioned we'd let in a goal in the 88th minute..............

The co-commentator said something like  "I'd like to say I was disappointed, but I'm not". 

I'm not into any anti=English shite but I'd happily boot him right in the baws. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Switched it over to the England game, the main commentator mentioned we'd let in a goal in the 88th minute..............

The co-commentator said something like  "I'd like to say I was disappointed, but I'm not". 

Austria miss a sitter to equalise, yip, in the 88th minute.

I almost dribbled. 

THAT would have been Karma. 

Hopefully we’ll get the last laugh when we play them ....

He definitely deserves a good boot tae the bawz !

So, 2-2, I'd have probably taken that before the game.

Scoring 2 goals against a decent team is encouraging.

I'm just slightly disappointed we sat back and I bet the media will see it as a morale victory, not for me, a chance gone to really boost the confidence.

Luxembourg next up on Sunday.

Not sure we need another game, a fine balance between keeping match fit and potential injuries and losing some energy.

Saying that, if we win 3-0 I'll retract this shite. :lol:

54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Great move, just off target from Turnbull.

The co-commentator, no sure who he is, talking about seeing the game out with over 20 mins to go....................:1eye

It's a friendly, and WAY too early to be sitting back.

He's a diddy. 

I hope you weren’t watching on Sky!!!!.

Calling Faddy a diddy is tantamount to treason 🤣

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, 2-2, I'd have probably taken that before the game.

Scoring 2 goals against a decent team is encouraging.

I'm just slightly disappointed we sat back and I bet the media will see it as a morale victory, not for me, a chance gone to really boost the confidence.

Luxembourg next up on Sunday.

Not sure we need another game, a fine balance between keeping match fit and potential injuries and losing some energy.

Saying that, if we win 3-0 I'll retract this shite. :lol:

Agree.

Feel a wee bit disappointed but should probably see that as a good thing.

I know it was only a daft friendly but a win would’ve put down a nice wee marker.

Still, it was a decent showing with some good individual performances. 

I have to say something though. In the last few months, Christie might not have been at his best and first half in particular tonight he wasn’t particularly good, but by Christ has that boy got energy. Some of his tireless and selfless running towards the end of the game was incredible. 

Watched the highlights last night, the first goal was a great example of what can happen when you pressure a team, especially high up the pitch.

The 2nd goal, the more you see it, was a great move/goal. :happyclapper

Reminded me a wee bit of Thompsons goal against Rangers at Ibrox, sweeping move and a strikers positioning/finish. :notworthy

I can see us beating Luxembourg about 15-0 on Sunday.  :rolleyes:

The decision to make the "fan zone" in Trafalgar Square solely for "key workers" when Scotland play England is asking for trouble.

This will have no effect, IMO, on reducing the number of fans who will travel, only increasing the possibility of trouble.

Where, exactly, the thousands will go is anyone's guess. 

The combination of the last time we qualified combined with the desire to beat the "auld enemy" and the reduced tickets available will see London swamped with supporters, with nowhere, officially, to go.

I see trouble ahead. :(

All six players left out last night are to resume training with the full squad.

Last night's result is even better when 4 of the 6, IMO, would have been playing and will probably be in the starting line up against the Czech's.  :happyclapper

As Clarke has said, gives him a nice headache after the performance last night. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The decision to make the "fan zone" in Trafalgar Square solely for "key workers" when Scotland play England is asking for trouble.

This will have no effect, IMO, on reducing the number of fans who will travel, only increasing the possibility of trouble.

Where, exactly, the thousands will go is anyone's guess. 

The combination of the last time we qualified combined with the desire to beat the "auld enemy" and the reduced tickets available will see London swamped with supporters, with nowhere, officially, to go.

I see trouble ahead. :(

I think they should congregate at the top of Northumberland Avenue. Give a wee wave to the key workers in Traf Square. Then have a Paris style march down The Mall and take over Green Park. 
Then Jubilee line from Green Park to Wembley Park.

Toffee!!

49 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think they should congregate at the top of Northumberland Avenue. Give a wee wave to the key workers in Traf Square. Then have a Paris style march down The Mall and take over Green Park. 
Then Jubilee line from Green Park to Wembley Park.

Toffee!!

Have you got a ticket for the game?