Scotland v Czech Republic Euros 14/6/21

shull

Slightly off topic but about the Euros squad, hopefully one of you can help. Given that vaccinations are now getting to younger people, they are more readily available, why was the Scotland squad, families, back roof staff and even fringe players not vaccinated a month ago. Appreciate not 100% full proof but would certainly have reduced the risk. Even with life in a bubble, this might have helped.  

Hopefuly Jason Leitch quietly organised it for the boys.

Don’t want a big antivax debate, just trying to be practical and look after the lads. 1 case and 5-6 not travelling to Holland game, concerns me

1 hour ago, bonzoboys said:

Slightly off topic but about the Euros squad, hopefully one of you can help. Given that vaccinations are now getting to younger people, they are more readily available, why was the Scotland squad, families, back roof staff and even fringe players not vaccinated a month ago. Appreciate not 100% full proof but would certainly have reduced the risk. Even with life in a bubble, this might have helped.  

Hopefuly Jason Leitch quietly organised it for the boys.

Don’t want a big antivax debate, just trying to be practical and look after the lads. 1 case and 5-6 not travelling to Holland game, concerns me

This article was from 12th April.

I don't see how they could have made this happen as the squad was only announced recently.

UEFA are set to order Scotland's players and staff to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as part of their Euro 2020 plans following discussions with their health advisors.

And they now want to ensure all 600 players at the tournament will have to have the vaccine before the tournament starts to ensure no team is weakened during the tournament by a virus outbreak.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6955705/uefa-scotland-euro-2020-covid-19-vaccinations/

9 hours ago, bonzoboys said:

Because medically there would be no justification for rushing it through.

We still have some vulnerable people to sort out wth 2nd jags.

Footballers are, and should be, well down the list of priorities.

In addition, after a year of football, the number of outbreaks at clubs has been miniscule so clearly there's not much wrong with how clubs are doing things.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Watching Italy v Czech Rep on Sky. 
I know Italy are a decent side and I’ve no idea to what extent the Czechs have a full strength side, but (famous last words) I’ve seen nothing to fear. They’ve hardly had a kick. 4-0 Italy with 8 minutes to go. 

FT Italy 4 Czech Rep 5 😳

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Watching Italy v Czech Rep on Sky. 
I know Italy are a decent side and I’ve no idea to what extent the Czechs have a full strength side, but (famous last words) I’ve seen nothing to fear. They’ve hardly had a kick. 4-0 Italy with 8 minutes to go. 

This, IMO, can be nothing but good for us.

I had slight worries, unfounded, that this could have happened to us against Holland and had said a tanking wouldn't have done us any good.

I don't buy the "it's only a friendly" pish, it's a game and will have dented the Czech confidence.

After we score a dozen against Luxembourg tomorrow we'll be on a high................

If we lose I'll write it off. :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

This, IMO, can be nothing but good for us.

I had slight worries, unfounded, that this could have happened to us against Holland and had said a tanking wouldn't have done us any good.

I don't buy the "it's only a friendly" pish, it's a game and will have dented the Czech confidence.

After we score a dozen against Luxembourg tomorrow we'll be on a high................

If we lose I'll write it off. :lol:

Ha ha. I think we all know that Luxembourg are a different prospect these days and a much tougher nut to crack than they used to be.

I’d settle for a clean sheet and at least a couple of goals. 

15 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ha ha. I think we all know that Luxembourg are a different prospect these days and a much tougher nut to crack than they used to be.

I’d settle for a clean sheet and at least a couple of goals. 

We do, well, except for elvis.

Here's the last 5 results......................

image.png.232a312fb4b08c6d7d3d0338a3024d47.png

Luxembourg will sit in and we generally don't do very well in these situations.

The odds reflect that with us just outside evens. 

A win will do me, don't concede and, more importantly, no injuries. 

image.png.799278ff12e8f038087bdbb4847b983c.png

PS Just noticed the Czechs are pushing their luck by playing on Tuesday against Albania.

Albania had 4 players booked yesterday against Wales, hope they are up for a kicking match against the Czechs. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

Well, mixed on that performance TBH.

When they went down to ten we really should have scored more goals.

Our build up play was reasonable, great crosses but missed chances could bite us in the arse come next Monday.

A win's a win, not to be sniffed at but concerned at the poor attempts on goal. 

Roll on the first game, it's great to be in the tournament, do we NEED a win first game, no but would set us up nicely.