Scotland v Czech Republic Euros 14/6/21

shull

Just now, Saint@Johnstone said:

Lol, 1-0 against ten men. Nothing up front, rather pathetic and that’s without seeing any of the game. Ought to qualify from the group but of course, won’t. Also heard some fans are being told to turn up hours before kick off. What a nerve. 

Another copy and paste post.

You don't see hardly ANY games yet feel the need to post your dour drivel. :lol:

Ought to qualify? 

You don't know much about football do you? :1eye

What a life. :hammer

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
BT are one of the main sponsors of the national football team. emoji38.png

I know.

Ok, since you seen confuddled why Clarke has BT on his tracksuit when the games are on Sky let me explain.................

BT, which we've established, are THE main sponsor of the Scotland football team are not BT Sport.

I do hope this helps. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Today's team will be the starting 11, unless anything happens behind the scene, next Monday IMO.

The good thing is we have a decent bench, not said that for a few years. 

Disagree mate. 
for a start I don’t think both Dykes and Adams will start.

I also think Cooper will replace Gallagher and possibly Hendry will replace Hanley.

I think one of Christie, Armstrong or Fraser will come in for either Adams or Dykes. Probably Adams.

Il not saying that’s the team I want to start, but I think it’s the team Clarke will pick. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Disagree mate. 
for a start I don’t think both Dykes and Adams will start.

I also think Cooper will replace Gallagher and possibly Hendry will replace Hanley.

I think Christie will come in for either Adams or Dykes. Probably Adams.

Il not saying that’s the team I want to start, but I think it’s the team Clarke will pick. 

Time will tell. 

Ok, since you seen confuddled why Clarke has BT on his tracksuit when the games are on Sky let me explain.................
BT, which we've established, are THE main sponsor of the Scotland football team are not BT Sport.
I do hope this helps. :rolleyes:

1 thing I don't need is help from you [emoji23]

The media, quite rightly, are really going to town on us qualifying with all sorts of piss poor programmes on TV.

I don't buy/read newspapers but I assume they will have be similar.

At the same time I am genuinely excited, although I usually look forward to a major tournament, at our involvement.

By the time next Monday comes round I'll be really up for it.

C'mon Scotland. 

I see the Czechs beat Albania 3-1 last night, decent enough result TBH.

Been having a wee look at the results/form (aye, tell @oaksoft it matters) of Croatia.

Out of the last 5 they have won 2 (Malta & Cyprus) Drawn 1 (Armenia) and lost 2 (Slovenia & Belgium)

Scoring 6 and conceding 3.

They have quite a few "big names" in their side but are not prolific scorers. (Hope I'm not tempting fate)

All we can hope is that by the time our game against them comes around it matters and we have an opportunity to go through to the next round.

C'mon Scotland. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The kick off times for the Euros are 2:00pm, 5:00pm and 8:00pm, the majority being at the two later times. 

Quite a lot of football over the next month.

The above is for @TediousTom and anyone else who might be easily confused.

Scotland are almost 2/1 to win the first game, interesting enough for me to place a small wager, although I'll probably wait till closer to kick off.

image.thumb.png.da4fae67e706fb8111fe2615263e05ee.png

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I see the Czechs beat Albania 3-1 last night, decent enough result TBH.

Been having a wee look at the results/form (aye, tell @oaksoft it matters) of Croatia.

Out of the last 5 they have won 2 (Malta & Cyprus) Drawn 1 (Armenia) and lost 2 (Slovenia & Belgium)

Scoring 6 and conceding 3.

They have quite a few "big names" in their side but are not prolific scorers. (Hope I'm not tempting fate)

All we can hope is that by the time our game against them comes around it matters and we have an opportunity to go through to the next round.

C'mon Scotland. 

I planned to watch the game myself but ended up going out for something to eat.

Although it can’t be denied that 3-1 against Albania is an ok result, I’ve heard from many sources (including our own Jimmy H) that the Czechs were far from impressive. Also a lot of folk saying that they looked incredibly vulnerable down the flanks defensively and had zero width in attack. The inference being that a better team than Albania would have exposed these frailties more. 
Let’s hope that’s true, but we all know I guess that the only thing that matters is what happens on the day.

I’m definitely a lot more confident than I was before. 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Another decision that is baffling by the Scottish government.

The 12,000 fans that are allowed into Hampden can't buy food/drinks.

What's the difference buying the same items in a shop? :blink:

Oh, @div was just on the same item on STV. 

Honestly not doing my usual jump to the defence of the SG, but (genuine question) do you know for sure that it was definitely an SG decision. 
If so, it’s made even stranger by the fact that UEFA are allowed to have a souvenir stall open, but the pie stall has to shut. What’s the difference? 

Honestly not doing my usual jump to the defence of the SG, but (genuine question) do you know for sure that it was definitely an SG decision. 
If so, it’s made even stranger by the fact that UEFA are allowed to have a souvenir stall open, but the pie stall has to shut. What’s the difference? 
It's Glasgow, only one of those would have a queue with folk salivating.

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My apologies, I was misinformed and never checked it out.

It seems it's a UEFA decision.

Yet Wembley are still offering hospitality packages and I can't find anything to support similar conditions for the general football supporters. 

Edited by faraway saint

I won’t be able to watch this live

I leave home before 5:30 every weekday and generally finish work by 2:30, however I’m doing the School run between 2:45-3:15 so will see most of the first half - pause - restart , then skip half time pish and probably be around 20 minutes behind all of you watching it

Need to keep off my phone so no spoilers

Czechs 1-3 Scotland [emoji2528]

I think we will win 1 , lose 1 , draw 1 = 4pts