Scotland v Czech Republic Euros 14/6/21

shull

If it was my christmas and birthday today Clarke would announce o'donnell and mcgregor got injured in training and would miss the rest of the tournament.

We have left backs that are better at right back than O'donnell and as for back pass Mcgregor, St Mirren have a better midfielder than him.

Does Scotland have a free kick taker?  Somebody that when we get something close to the edge of the box gets us all on the edges of our seat.  Leigh Griffiths is last one I remember.  Who from the current crop of players does that?

For us Buddies, the likes of Mallen, Carey used to get us all excited.  

Today's the day, can hardly wait.

Just a win, any kind of win, will do me, a dominating performance into the bargain would be nice.

It's been a long time coming, my son was only 13 the last time we were in a major tournament, a lot of water under the bridge since then.

We've been through 12 managers since then, none have managed to get us to where we are today.

My nerves will be on tatters by kick off, who knows what state I'll be in throughout the game.

C'mon Scotland. 

Not a great Scotland fan but always hope they do well of course, however I’m still unconvinced they are as good as many in the media seem to think. Having two home games out of three would normally make us favourites at any time but I cannot see where goals will come from. Clarke appears to have done a decent job so far but closer scrutiny shows we scraped through on penalties and already look unlikely to qualify for the next WC. Prepared to eat my words if we succeed but fear the worst. Fingers crossed though. 

5 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Not a great Scotland fan but always hope they do well of course, however I’m still unconvinced they are as good as many in the media seem to think. Having two home games out of three would normally make us favourites at any time but I cannot see where goals will come from. Clarke appears to have done a decent job so far but closer scrutiny shows we scraped through on penalties and already look unlikely to qualify for the next WC. Prepared to eat my words if we succeed but fear the worst. Fingers crossed though. 

Dykes to do what Joe Jordan did in 1973!

42 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Oh for goodness sakes, it's only a game. At least we've qualified.

Just try and enjoy yourself for once without the "elvis-lite" nonsense. :hammer