Scotland v Czech Republic Euros 14/6/21

shull

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No it was showcasing the Euros not England. As I say, all the other goals were from the final, so why not show Germany’s goal against the Czech Rep?

My response to your post was less than half-serious.

The Gascoigne goal, as mentioned above, was the best goal of that tournament. (Of several tournaments.)

it was right in front of me. I was surrounded by non-Scots.  It was a memorable moment.  :(

i didn’t participate in the joyful celebrations.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Wouldn't be unhappy to see Patterson in as well.

Both of them add some excitement and we saw them cause utter panic in their defence last week.

Both have also played at the top level in either the EPL or Europe so the idea that they lack experience is weak.

We only get one chance. Chuck 'em in and let's see what happens.

I suspect Clarke will go for McGregor and O'Donnell though.

Completely agree. Looks as if we will be going with a 3-5-2. If we are going to get anywhere in this tourney we need to be moving the ball quick and accurately with a fair bit of energy. I don't think Clarke will have the balls to go with it from the offset and end up trying to change the game too late. Hanley right of defence, Gallagher central with Tierney to the left. The midfield will be massively important in trying to get some control in games. Patterson, Gilmour, Mcginn, Mctominay, and Robertson, with Gilmour and Mctominay holding a bit more would add a different dimension to the team. I would go would dykes and nisbet upfront simply due to their movement. 

If he doesn't grab the bull by the baws from the offset then can't see us progressing.

45 minutes ago, antrin said:

My response to your post was less than half-serious.

The Gascoigne goal, as mentioned above, was the best goal of that tournament. (Of several tournaments.)

it was right in front of me. I was surrounded by non-Scots.  It was a memorable moment.  :(

i didn’t participate in the joyful celebrations.

I wondered if I was missing a joke or not.

I’m guessing though that in each of those tournaments there were some fantastic goals that were better than goals in the final. 
So in conclusion, they are still cunts. 🤣

On 6/12/2021 at 8:30 AM, faraway saint said:

You've changed your tune, welcome back.  :P

The Czechs were decimated in both matches against us. 

First game their entire team. 

Second game 6 of their best players. 

They would have beaten us home and away, if it weren't for that. 

A much better side who are light years ahead of us. 

I have to disagree. 

The 1st game can't be taken into account because they were decimated. The 2nd game they did outplay us. But I believe that they have gone backwards since then, whereas we have vastly improved. I honestly think we are the better of the two teams now. 

Our thoughts will be answered on Monday. 

1 minute ago, Prague Buddie said:

I have to disagree. 

The 1st game can't be taken into account because they were decimated. The 2nd game they did outplay us. But I believe that they have gone backwards since then, whereas we have vastly improved. I honestly think we are the better of the two teams now. 

Our thoughts will be answered on Monday. 

The highlighted bit was YOUR quote. :lol:

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The highlighted bit was YOUR quote. :lol:

You've lost me Buddie😀

What is wrong with the bit you highlighted? 

Both parts say that I think we'll win. 

ETA..... A year ago I think we would have lost this match

Edited by Prague Buddie

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There's really no reason at all why we should be getting pinned back by England for long periods. I don't see that happening at all. We have players to match them for quality virtually all over the pitch.

Their big danger is going to be set pieces and Kane. Nullify both of those and we should certainly be looking to take a point at least.

Can't wait for this to get started TBH. :D

Was beginning to think I'd never see us qualify again in my lifetime.

Was having this discussion with a friend 

How many England players from todays 11 would you take into the Scotland starting 11?

Going with my favoured starting line up for Scotland

Marshall

Patterson Hanley Cooper Tierney Robertson

Gilmour McTominay

McGinn

Adams Dykes

England 11

Pickford

Walker Stones Mings Trippier

K-Phillips Rice

Sterling Mount Foden

Kane

Obviously slightly different formations but;

Robertson > Trippier

Tierney > Mings

McTominay > Rice

Gilmour > Kalvin Phillips

John McGinn > Mason Mount

Would take Harry Kane and Phil Foden for sure

If it was my christmas and birthday today Clarke would announce o'donnell and mcgregor got injured in training and would miss the rest of the tournament.

We have left backs that are better at right back than O'donnell and as for back pass Mcgregor, St Mirren have a better midfielder than him.

Does Scotland have a free kick taker?  Somebody that when we get something close to the edge of the box gets us all on the edges of our seat.  Leigh Griffiths is last one I remember.  Who from the current crop of players does that?

For us Buddies, the likes of Mallen, Carey used to get us all excited.  

Today's the day, can hardly wait.

Just a win, any kind of win, will do me, a dominating performance into the bargain would be nice.

It's been a long time coming, my son was only 13 the last time we were in a major tournament, a lot of water under the bridge since then.

We've been through 12 managers since then, none have managed to get us to where we are today.

My nerves will be on tatters by kick off, who knows what state I'll be in throughout the game.

C'mon Scotland. 

Not a great Scotland fan but always hope they do well of course, however I’m still unconvinced they are as good as many in the media seem to think. Having two home games out of three would normally make us favourites at any time but I cannot see where goals will come from. Clarke appears to have done a decent job so far but closer scrutiny shows we scraped through on penalties and already look unlikely to qualify for the next WC. Prepared to eat my words if we succeed but fear the worst. Fingers crossed though. 

5 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Not a great Scotland fan but always hope they do well of course, however I’m still unconvinced they are as good as many in the media seem to think. Having two home games out of three would normally make us favourites at any time but I cannot see where goals will come from. Clarke appears to have done a decent job so far but closer scrutiny shows we scraped through on penalties and already look unlikely to qualify for the next WC. Prepared to eat my words if we succeed but fear the worst. Fingers crossed though. 

Dykes to do what Joe Jordan did in 1973!