Scotland v Czech Republic Euros 14/6/21

shull

50 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

We were just watching the 2 Griffiths free kicks against England from the 2-2 game

Some atmosphere when the goals went in !

2600 tickets for the England game, I’m sure they’ll make some noise emoji4.png

Why is Griffiths not in the squad is it form or injury ?

He has done nothing this season to justify inclusion as far as Steve Clarke is concerned.

He has done nothing this season to justify inclusion as far as Steve Clarke is concerned.

Haven’t heard anything about him for such a long time wasn’t sure of it was injury or personal issues or form

ETA : Wouldn’t mind having him on the bench if we pick up even more injuries

1 minute ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Haven’t heard anything about him for such a long time wasn’t sure of it was injury or personal issues or form

Probably a combination of all three. Had he been free scoring there would have been an argument to take him, but I get the feeling that Steve does not want a bad apple in the camp for a long period of time that the squad will be together for. 

4 hours ago, Yflab said:

Probably a combination of all three. Had he been free scoring there would have been an argument to take him, but I get the feeling that Steve does not want a bad apple in the camp for a long period of time that the squad will be together for. 

Bad apple? :blink:

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Bad apple? :blink:

He’s had a history of poor timekeeping, poor diet and a poor trainer. He has hardly played this season and not scored many when he has played.

He turned up for pre season this year so overweight that Lennon forced him to train on his own.

That’s without mentioning his off field issues including a well known issue with gambling. I’m not going to talk about the impact his mental health has on his life as that is a private issue that we don’t know how it affects his playing.

A fit, hungry Leigh Griffiths would have been the number one striker for club and country this year, but he seems to have lost his way. I would have loved to have seen him leading the line for Scotland in the Euros, but he has missed the opportunity of a lifetime due to the issues I’ve described.

I just texted Stevie C and he agreed with my assessment. It’s not just Gow who has contacts in the game.

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

He’s had a history of poor timekeeping, poor diet and a poor trainer. He has hardly played this season and not scored many when he has played.

He turned up for pre season this year so overweight that Lennon forced him to train on his own.

That’s without mentioning his off field issues including a well known issue with gambling. I’m not going to talk about the impact his mental health has on his life as that is a private issue that we don’t know how it affects his playing.

A fit, hungry Leigh Griffiths would have been the number one striker for club and country this year, but he seems to have lost his way. I would have loved to have seen him leading the line for Scotland in the Euros, but he has missed the opportunity of a lifetime due to the issues I’ve described.

I just texted Stevie C and he agreed with my assessment. It’s not just Gow who has contacts in the game.

He was injured for a part of this season, his "off field issues" are history, as far as I'm aware. (gambling)

Let's not mention mental health, todays crutch for any issue you care to mention.

You made the last bit up. :lol:

Nothing you mention makes him a "bad apple", certainly noting a decent manager, and Clarke is in that bracket, couldn't handle.

I'm not saying he's at this peak, so no real problems him being left out, just the usual references that don't mean a lot IMO. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He was injured for a part of this season, his "off field issues" are history, as far as I'm aware. (gambling)

Let's not mention mental health, todays crutch for any issue you care to mention.

You made the last bit up. :lol:

Nothing you mention makes him a "bad apple", certainly noting a decent manager, and Clarke is in that bracket, couldn't handle.

I'm not saying he's at this peak, so no real problems him being left out, just the usual references that don't mean a lot IMO. 

Maybe I should just have left it with the first two sentences:

”He’s had a history of poor timekeeping, poor diet and a poor trainer. He has hardly played this season and not scored many when he has played.”

You sent it to the wrong Stevie, that was me that replied.

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Scotland 8-0 Czech

England 14-13 Scotland

Scotland 32-0 Croatia. 

@guinness will complain about the lack of goals. :lol:

33 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You’re just being silly with the England game prediction. 😁

There’s no way they’ll score 13 against us. 

Cough cough. 😉