Campbell Forsyth

4 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Sad to hear of Campbell's passing.

I can only remember one goalie before him - Jim Lornie.

Can anyone go further back?

Jim Lornie was the only goalie before Davie Walker that I could recall.  I did a wee bit digging and found this quiz fae Cairters about Saints goalies...

and I only “think” I knew of the Miller goalie... before my time, too.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/cairterscorner/st-mirren-goalkeepers-1945-1975/results

3 hours ago, mcd54 said:

I remember Len Crabtree and Bob Park!! emoji56.png

You're either ancient or a a nerdy anorak!

(Or does that emoji signify that you're now posting on here, as a heavenly angel?)

When I was at Love Street whilst Crabtree and Park were still playing... I would probably have spent most of my time playing in the heaps of sand between Cairter's Corner and the Main Stand.

Much more enthralling for the wean that I was...!

Not a heavenly angel yet, definitely ancient though! [emoji23]

(Or does that emoji signify that you're now posting on here, as a heavenly angel?)
When I was at Love Street whilst Crabtree and Park were still playing... I would probably have spent most of my time playing in the heaps of sand between Cairter's Corner and the Main Stand.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

We must have played together at Love Street.

Not on the pitch but on the heap of sand!

I can vaguely remember Len Crabtree but not Willie Miller.

Some of the players at that time used to park their cars on match days in Mathie Potato Merchant's yard in North Street, and I can remember Campbell (and Davie Lapsley) taking shots in at Sheena - the Mathie's collie dog who used to act as goalie for us kids in North Street. Perhaps Campbell picked up a lot of tips from Sheena for his future illustrious career.