Livingston v St Mirren

munoz

If we are to start climbing the table,  this is exactly the type of game we really need to be winning. 

Livi 4pts ahead of us but we do have 3 games in hand over them.

Can we put in a solid 90m minutes and take the 3 points ? 

2-1 Saints, Obika double. 

Edited by munoz

Their pitch is a nightmare to watch football on but I’m hopeful we can grab all 3 Points. 

Out of curiosity - is Ilkay Durmus injured? Or just not playing? 

Injured. Think heard the commentator say that during the Morton game. Could be hes not fully recovered from the covid scare at the club. Just read that Obika was one of the worst effected players.

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Injured. Think heard the commentator say that during the Morton game. Could be hes not fully recovered from the covid scare at the club. Just read that Obika was one of the worst effected players.

Cheers for the update SPS. 

Big Jon has came on fighting fit last few games. Doing his job. 

Durmus is hit or miss but a good option to have. Hopefully fit soon too. 

Not really confident on this one - when Morton switched to a high press game in the second half we didn't seem to be able to handle it ............ that is exactly what Livi will do from the start against us.  For me we just don't seem to have the balance right in the middle of the park and just end up bypassing it and lofting hopeful balls to our front line.  Hopefully Foley can rediscover some form and I'd also play Connelly from the start to give us an alternative out ball.

11 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Hopefully with Flynn back we can start to create more, 

10 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Their pitch is a nightmare to watch football on but I’m hopeful we can grab all 3 Points. 

After such a dreadful injury, should Goodwin consider selecting Flynn to play on an artificial playing surface ?

Too big a risk IMO.

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

After such a dreadful injury, should Goodwin consider selecting Flynn to play on an artificial playing surface ?

Too big a risk IMO.

Aye, fair point. 
probably not. To be honest, midfield we have cover, bigger concern is CB. I assume Foley will cover or even move Tait into defence. 
Foley not quite been up to last seasons standards though. 

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Too big a risk IMO.

Stats show that far more injures appear on grass than artificial turf. Percentage wise grass v artificial more injuries occur on grass than on artificial so should not be a factor. Don't know why people use this as a problem.

Stats show that far more injures appear on grass than artificial turf. Percentage wise grass v artificial more injuries occur on grass than on artificial so should not be a factor. Don't know why people use this as a problem.
So we now know then for fact that there is more injuries on artificial than on grass. [emoji16]

11 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Aye, fair point. 
probably not. To be honest, midfield we have cover, bigger concern is CB. I assume Foley will cover or even move Tait into defence. 

I prefer Foley in central defence

Midfield is a problem we just don't seem comfortable with the ball

Hence the long balls up to the forwards when teams press us

45 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Absolutely this ^^^^^^^ , Foley to CH, he’s been gash in midfield. Need Cammy to start this one.

2 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Yea - only thing was he got caught wrong sides a few times end of last season. However - I reckon he can do the job and hopefully going forward we won’t end up with further suspensions to JS. 2 at this stage of the season is disappointing. 

ad for midfield, we could be doing with a Stephen McGinn esq player who can pick  a pass. Cammy can do that but was off his game Saturday. 

13 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Aye, fair point. 

Marcus Fraser has played centre half many of times. With Tait and Mason available now for both left back and right back, Fraser can cover in central area.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Think you’ve been smoking the grass.🤡

100% stat that astro is safer than grass. Folk need to stop jumping on bandwagon and find out facts....the meltdown on here when it goes down at the stadium will be 👏 amazing!

Edited by Guest

Fairly inconclusive if either pitch causes more injuries than the other, as there are so many different factors.

What does to be a factor in causing injury is a poorly maintained artificial pitch with lots of rubber pellets. The Livingston pitch has lots of rubber pellets as does Accies shitty effort.

Anyway, artificial pitches are shit, and only a plum of the highest order would think otherwise.:)

https://www.goal.com/en/news/do-artificial-football-pitches-cause-more-injuries-than/1prtyjo6rv5jh13jpf7fvb0jfz

Edited by FTOF

Fairly inconclusive if either pitch causes more injuries than the other, as there are so many different factors.
What does to be a factor in causing injury is a poorly maintained artificial pitch with lots of rubber pellets. The Livingston pitch has lots of rubber pellets as does Accies shitty effort.
Anyway, artificial pitches are shit, and only a plum of the highest order would think otherwise.[emoji4]
https://www.goal.com/en/news/do-artificial-football-pitches-cause-more-injuries-than/1prtyjo6rv5jh13jpf7fvb0jfz

Personally I think artificial pitches are a cancer on the game in Scotland. Should not be allowed in the top 2 leagues. If people think there so good. Why is it not 1 of 92 league clubs in England have one. Time to act. But as usual they'll do nothing.