Livingston v St Mirren

munoz

11 minutes ago, God of war said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer, absolute head in clouds. Have no doubts about it. Saints will be right down there fighting as usual...

Mibbes aye, but Livi & County aren't a class above us from what I've seen this season and there's no doubt that Accies are toothless without Templeton, their top player who is still two months away from a comeback, so mibbes naw!

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

How was Holt not red carded for that challenge on Mason, total shocker!

Terrible challenge. Will be interesting to see if Sportscene highlights show it. 

With Marvin Bartley being part of the team, maybe not.

39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We scored a fortunate goal, a deflection.

Whilst this is true, I'd argue that we should be taking more of these half chance shots. 

Half the problem is that we don't pull the trigger nearly enough so there's less opportunity to get deflections. 

More speculative digs in the box, please. 

Edited by djchapsticks

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

How was Holt not red carded for that challenge on Mason, total shocker!

Indeed.

Won the ball, then deliberately tried to "do" Mason with the follow through.

Worse than Shaughnessy's tackle v Ross county. Maybe if that bell end Collum had been the 4th official today, it might have been a red card. <_<

40 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Mibbes aye, but Livi & County aren't a class above us from what I've seen this season and there's no doubt that Accies are toothless without Templeton, their top player who is still two months away from a comeback, so mibbes naw!

How can you say Accies are toothless, when they have scored twice the league goals as us, and that's with Templeton missing most of the season  ?

43 minutes ago, Tommy said:
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

How can you say Accies are toothless, when they have scored twice the league goals as us, and that's with Templeton missing most of the season  ?

He's played in 8 out of 13 of Hamilton's league games so far this season half of their goals (not counting the three against St. Johnstone after he was injured) and all of their league points came in these games, maybe toothless was an exaggeration but he's not missed missed "most of the season" and they're certainly diminished without him.

Certainly I feel that having taken the lead today it's the sorta situation they would have taken something from in previous seasons - throw in a missed penalty and I don't think I was that far off the mark.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Getting a bit carried away there, although as we have been poor it 's an easy statement to make.

We scored a fortunate goal, a deflection.

We didn't look like scoring throughout the game.

On the plus side we were fairly comfortable, and it would have been unjust had we lost. 

It is what it is, a fortunate win, but it's long overdue we turned these games into wins. 

I suspect the truth probably lies somewhere in between both our posts.  🤔

15 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

He's played in 8 out of 13 of Hamilton's league games so far this season half of their goals (not counting the three against St. Johnstone after he was injured) and all of their league points came in these games, maybe toothless was an exaggeration but he's not missed missed "most of the season" and they're certainly diminished without him.

He been on the pitch for 8 game out of 13 as you say, but had only played 90 mins in 3 of them. 

I  would now say he missed half the league games based on the mins he been on the pitch and not most of the season that i said earlier  :)

I still say that Accies look more like scoring in games than we do, since we been unable to score more than 1 in a league game this season while they have done it 4 times.

Thank F for their defence and their manager. 

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Terrible challenge. Will be interesting to see if Sportscene highlights show it. 

With Marvin Bartley being part of the team, maybe not.

They did highlight the tackle tbf, but will the compliance officer take any action- I doubt it.