St Mirren v Aberdeen League Cup Last 16

munoz

We have played Aberdeen 5 times in just over a year and there is an Argument there we have been better team in 3/4 of those games but typically from St Mirren we lost 3 drew 1 and won 1.

We now play them twice in a week and despite there good run after a poor start I don't think they are that good but we are pretty poor so to get anything we really need to up our game alot from what we have witnessed so far this season.

Looking at the way Aberdeen are playing today, we could well, beat them.

21 hours ago, Ronnie said:

We have played Aberdeen 5 times in just over a year and there is an Argument there we have been better team in 3/4 of those games but typically from St Mirren we lost 3 drew 1 and won 1.

We now play them twice in a week and despite there good run after a poor start I don't think they are that good but we are pretty poor so to get anything we really need to up our game alot from what we have witnessed so far this season.

On this point I agree. We’ve been the better team * at times.... however, Aberdeen have just had a bit more dig and physicality and bullied us out of points. Hope our luck can turn this week! 

with the bench looking stronger than it has this season for us, we have options & I remain optimistic as to a 1-0/2-1 win! 

The Dons bench was loaded with young players yesterday as well as them having some senior players missing.

They also play Accies on Wed night, so 3 away games for them in 7 days will hopefully assist us.

I think we have a decent chance for a narrow win. 

Edited by Tommy

On 11/21/2020 at 11:03 PM, Yflab said:

Aberdeen will be missing some of their young players as a result of the COVID issue with Scotland U21s. 

I fancy us to win this game 1-0.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 11/21/2020 at 11:03 PM, Yflab said:

Aberdeen will be missing some of their young players as a result of the COVID issue with Scotland U21s. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

The Dons bench was loaded with young players yesterday as well as them having some senior players missing.

:unsure:

On 11/21/2020 at 10:41 PM, faraway saint said:

After today there's little chance we can win this, best hope is extra time & pens, assuming that's the format?

We're unlikely to score, although they might struggle as well as, overall, they are not high scorers. 

Probably be 3-3 after me saying this. :lol:

58 minutes ago, Yflab said:

No replays goes to penalties after ET I presume.

I assume, you presume, are we right? :lol: