St Mirren v Aberdeen League Cup Last 16

munoz

10 minutes ago, munoz said:

Aye, nothing's impossible but us winning the cup this year is as close as you can get.

We're 16/5 to beat Aberdeen, 40/1 to win the cup outright.

However Aberdeen are honking so we have to think we have a chance tomorrow, as slim as that might be. 

This is an "interesting" fact, a lot closer than I would have bet.......................

During the last 23 meetings with St. Mirren playing at home, St. Mirren have won 7 times, there have been 7 draws while Aberdeen have won 9 times. The goal difference is 25-19 in favour of Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, nothing's impossible but us winning the cup this year is as close as you can get.

We're 16/5 to beat Aberdeen, 40/1 to win the cup outright.

However Aberdeen are honking so we have to think we have a chance tomorrow, as slim as that might be. 

This is an "interesting" fact, a lot closer than I would have bet.......................

During the last 23 meetings with St. Mirren playing at home, St. Mirren have won 7 times, there have been 7 draws while Aberdeen have won 9 times. The goal difference is 25-19 in favour of Aberdeen.

True, but you've got to hope Aberdeen's depleted squad will be a leveller. 

Goodwin seems to think so...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/st-mirren-boss-jim-goodwin-23073999

Why would it be a shame ?

I wouldn't want to attend a Hampden Final involving us again.

That makes me happy.

Mind you, fascist  globalist cnuts Sturgeon and Leitch will likely make the Stadium empty for the occasion.

FREEDOM !!!!!!!!!

50 minutes ago, shull said:

Why would it be a shame ?

I wouldn't want to attend a Hampden Final involving us again.

That makes me happy.

Mind you, fascist  globalist cnuts Sturgeon and Leitch will likely make the Stadium empty for the occasion.

FREEDOM !!!!!!!!!

I am with u shull, this lockdown has been great in the fact has shown how much i don't miss football. Lot of folk i work with also the same saying they will never go back. How anybody can miss going to a Scottish game on a Saturday is beyond me. Must have very unfulfilled lives if they miss that utter pish. Have even gave up watching Saints on a Saturday, the standard is fecking terrible and games boring as f**k.

12 minutes ago, God of war said:

I am with u shull, this lockdown has been great in the fact has shown how much i don't miss football. Lot of folk i work with also the same saying they will never go back. How anybody can miss going to a Scottish game on a Saturday is beyond me. Must have very unfulfilled lives if they miss that utter pish. Have even gave up watching Saints on a Saturday, the standard is fecking terrible and games boring as f**k.

Cool story bro.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Cool story bro.

Knew a boring troll like yourself would like it...not that i give 2 flying fecks what a "forum groupie" thinks. Hurry up give me ur hilarious come-back..hurry up..will be a cracker..move...

So, Aberdeen's last 5 games have only resulted on ONE win.

On the surface, poor but they have played Celtic (twice) Rangers  and Hibs.

Some of our support might be better to calm down a bit as we, I hate to remind us, have played shite over the same amount of games, and the teams we've played are not at the same level of any of the aforementioned above.

To me it looks like a dour affair, one goal could win it.

Extra time and penalties is a real possibility and at least we have been decent record on penalties recently. 

26 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Yep cause I think the game is 50-50, especially as its at home.

Would be a huge confidence booster also to win this one on the back of last week.

Hopefully we can start to do a bit more up front this week.

50/50? 

Have you watched us recently, like this season?

As for "at home", are you aware there is no crowd so home is next to pointless, like us this season. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

50/50? 

Have you watched us recently, like this season?

As for "at home", are you aware there is no crowd so home is next to pointless, like us this season. 

Really ?

Still think being on your own pitch helps ?

Yes I've watched us this season quite a bit also and we are poor, but guess what Aberdeen are poor also. 

Lets see how it turns out

25 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I think he's related to shull ? In fact guess what i think he is Shull ?

He can't be me.

I am not secured in the Sin Bin.

So no point in having an alias on the Main Forum.

Plus G.O.W. is entitled to post on the Forum if he enjoys doing so. 

Lots dinnae attend matches but happily contribute on here.

Three dudes, in particular, Slarticrybaby, Oakyuphisownarse and The Lichtieland Dunderheid Judas have never been to Love Street or Greenhill Road to see the Super Saints.

13 minutes ago, shull said:

He can't be me.

I am not secured in the Sin Bin.

So no point in having an alias on the Main Forum.

Plus G.O.W. is entitled to post on the Forum if he enjoys doing so. 

Lots dinnae attend matches but happily contribute on here.

Three dudes, in particular, Slarticrybaby, Oakyuphisownarse and The Lichtieland Dunderheid Judas have never been to Love Street or Greenhill Road to see the Super Saints.

What a fud. :lol:

Stopped going because his daughter got fed up, super supporter my arse.  :byebye

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What a fud. :lol:

Stopped going because his daughter got fed up, super supporter my arse.  :byebye

I served my 50 year sentence.

Enjoy your first match whenever that may be.

Take Slarti & Oaky with you.

Google Maps is your buddie.

3 hours ago, lenziebud said:

I think he's related to shull ? In fact guess what i think he is Shull ?

Two posts in a row about me u silly wee infatuated toolbag. Stop PM me as well, i have no interest in u...another who will no doubt deny it and comeback with a cracker, canny wait!

Well, today's the day, an early goal, preferably for us, would be desirable as that would, surely, inject a bit of urgency.

Unfortunately, the longer is stays 0-0 both teams will start to settle for a dreary draw.

I'll be able to watch the first half, granddaughter will ensure that's all I get to endure. :rolleyes:

Still can't see many goals, won't touch it on my line, can't see us winning in normal time, probably another tight game and loss.

I'd be much happier if we were playing Alloa, Arbroath or Ayr. 

That's what we get for making an arse of an easy group. 

Just had a message from Aberdeen supporting mate, he's worried about today. 

While he acknowledges they've mostly played the bigger teams recently their lack of ability to really compete, never mind win, is a concern.

Oh, just noticed we're the 5:15 KO..............................:lol:

Bookies seeing this as a close game. 

image.png.0df27980e2c13fa752c2db642bccaf08.png