I'm not a fan of the song-but this is ridiculous

beyond our ken

Fairytale of New York

No longer allowed to use the word Faggott in the context of a scrap of waste material in case it causes offence, but still allowed to use the term Fairytale.  Perhaps it should just become the "Irish Song"

So children are no longer allowed to titter and discover the boundaries of good taste by trial and error when they giggle at the Americanised uses of Fanny, Spunk and many other words with valid meanings that are used out of context to actually cause offence.

I fear that the very valid crusade to make language more respectful has lost it's way.  Don't sweat the small stuff, as they say.

Tourettes sufferers are really up effluent creek.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Fairytale of New York

No longer allowed to use the word Faggott in the context of a scrap of waste material in case it causes offence, but still allowed to use the term Fairytale.  Perhaps it should just become the "Irish Song"

So children are no longer allowed to titter and discover the boundaries of good taste by trial and error when they giggle at the Americanised uses of Fanny, Spunk and many other words with valid meanings that are used out of context to actually cause offence.

I fear that the very valid crusade to make language more respectful has lost it's way.  Don't sweat the small stuff, as they say.

A pair of faggotsImage result for Faggot food  :whistle

Edited by pod

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Fairytale of New York

There's a link on that page regarding other xmas songs too - Baby It's Cold Outside (apparently for implied date rape), Do They Know It's Christmas (for not differentiating between Ethiopia and Africa) and Jingle Bells (because it was first sung at a minstrel show under a different title).

I think we should all be as offensive as we can be in response to all this PC madness.  What do all you cunts think?

24 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Aah but there is a big difference between an espresso based Americano and a simple house brewed black coffee. 

Well I think I've been short changed for years.   

A thought a house brewed black coffee was a watered down espresso.  It's all the same beans or have I been had. :unsure:

33 minutes ago, pod said:

Well I think I've been short changed for years.   

A thought a house brewed black coffee was a watered down espresso.  It's all the same beans or have I been had. :unsure:

Here to help.  :)

https://www.beanpoet.com/difference-between-americano-and-brewed-coffee/#:~:text=The difference between an Americano and brewed coffee comes down,in line with American coffee.

5 hours ago, Slarti said:

There's a link on that page regarding other xmas songs too - Baby It's Cold Outside (apparently for implied date rape), Do They Know It's Christmas (for not differentiating between Ethiopia and Africa) and Jingle Bells (because it was first sung at a minstrel show under a different title).

I think we should all be as offensive as we can be in response to all this PC madness.  What do all you cunts think?

Add to the list Bing Crosby's WHITE Christmas!

16 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Oliver's Army by Elvis Costello has been similarly censored for years on R1

I'll be inconsistent and say that is possibly justified.  a socially aware person of the same vintage as the song might think that the lyric is intended to refer to all humans on a base level and thats where I sit, except EC has the racist tag for using that word in a drunken rant during an argument.